Pelicans Report

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Tyreke is Terrible

Tech Tyreke is Terrible

Here is a thread where all the complaints about Tyreke Evans can go, that way they don't leak out into every single other thread. I'll kick us off with a list of topics that we can cover every day until the season is over. I suggest doing this for every other player on the roster too. We can have a "Blame Monty" thread, a "Holiday is too passive" tread, a "Ryno is a black hole" thread, "Dell doesn't know what he's doing" etc. That way instead of every thread just leaking all those topics we can keep them centralized into the corresponding threads. I chose Reke because he has been the most diversive player on here lately.

- He has no court vision
    -We gave up too much for him
    - He is selfish
    - He plays poor defense
    - He can't shoot (and he's a SHOOTING guard WTF?!?!?!!??!)

Anything else? Add it to this thread and stop bumping the others with saber rattling. Maybe we can sticky them. It'd probably cut down a third of all new threads.
    Quote Originally Posted by zakzak View Post
    that dumb Gentry killing Asik morale seriously man he is been good when you compare last season then suddenly he sits whole damn first half barely gets minutes what an idiot we need muscle wee need rebound he took of asik jones,ajinca they got no place on this team play Diallo at least he is decent.
    .......if healthy

@Jabberwalker

erm... nope, you nailed em all
    /thread

- Low BBIQ
    - Plays ISOBall too much

And the biggie:

- Too much water

This thread is terrible.

I'm sorry if certain people around here can't stomach contrary opinions on a public messageboard. I mean the abject horror of such a thought as contrary opinions! My god!

Seriously though, if you are so upset about people that won't fall in line with your personal views of a certain player on this roster that you want to attempt to wall off their opinions from everyone else, perhaps messageboarda aren't the right place for you? I mean if you are just looking for reinforcement of your pre-conceived notions, your probably in the wrong place.

Tyreke has improved a lot from where he was starting the season over the last handful of games IMO. But he isn't without fault and others on this board have expressed views that sprawl out further on either side of what I just posted. Most people have solid reasoning for their beliefs and some are just reactionaries. Some beliefs are better supported then others and that often gets hashed out in conversations between people. Sometimes friendly, sometimes not. Attempting to stamp out that diversity diminishes the quality and appeal of this board IMO. To me this place is infinitely better when we have a civil and constructive environment where people with a diverse view of opinions can be judged by the quality of their posts and not by how cheerful they can be under any circumstance.

this thread is stupid... you have too much time on your hands.

Why you ain't post this around Thanksgiving?

Quote Originally Posted by N.O.Bronco View Post
    This thread is terrible.

I'm sorry if certain people around here can't stomach contrary opinions on a public messageboard. I mean the abject horror of such a thought as contrary opinions! My god!

Seriously though, if you are so upset about people that won't fall in line with your personal views of a certain player on this roster that you want to attempt to wall off their opinions from everyone else, perhaps messageboarda aren't the right place for you? I mean if you are just looking for reinforcement of your pre-conceived notions, your probably in the wrong place.

Tyreke has improved a lot from where he was starting the season over the last handful of games IMO. But he isn't without fault and others on this board have expressed views that sprawl out further on either side of what I just posted. Most people have solid reasoning for their beliefs and some are just reactionaries. Some beliefs are better supported then others and that often gets hashed out in conversations between people. Sometimes friendly, sometimes not. Attempting to stamp out that diversity diminishes the quality and appeal of this board IMO. To me this place is infinitely better when we have a civil and constructive environment where people with a diverse view of opinions can be judged by the quality of their posts and not by how cheerful they can be under any circumstance.
    Very well put.

"I'm not going to allow my putative owner to answer that question, this is an NBA related press conference. Paul Tagliabue and Roger Goodell have collectively sung their praises of Tom and if uh ESPN has a problem with that tell Mr. Skipper to call me at my office."

here's your i'm ahead of the times medal for your bs thread bro....you completely deserve it

Jimeert Freedet 4 Prez IamQuailman's Avatar
    Tyreke bad pass --> UGH WTF ARE WE DOING WHY DO WE HAVE THIS BUM

Tyreke drive and sneaky dish --> Omg did you hear how in demand tyreke is around the league? What a dynamic player we have!

It's just the nature of this bipolar forum. Extreme highs and lows, very few middlegrounds

This thread is terrible.

I don't think it has anything to do with peoples opinions needing to fall in line. rather that every thread you go into, the same comments just keep coming up and up and up like no one else knows half of these things, and no one else has seen these comments before or it hasn't been discussed at length already. the highly emotional responses from posters and extreme changes of love hate for players here is quite high. we all know the risk vs reward for reke at this stage of the season. doesn't mean he cannot be discussed in any other threads, but it seems jabber is trying to keep the flagrant reke/monty/ryno whinging to a single thread.

He starts this thread yet is upset when people bash da throne for his negativity. Oh the irony.
    I'm a grinder

This thread is terrible.

This is a little hypocritical sir. I think Jabber was just having a little fun and using this an an 'I told you so" moment. I think you're looking way too deep into what he said judging by your response. This board needs a little levity; everyone is always super srs (myself included at one point).

"I don't know if people know — I dislocated my pinkie finger. And [Tyreke] told me, 'You wanna go home or you wanna be here?' I want to be here. And he said, 'All right, then go tape it up and let's play. Let's go. We not stoppin' at no stores. Straight gas. That's what we do, just keep going.'"

http://thebasketbawlblog.com/

Quote Originally Posted by AD23nEG10 View Post
    " Look at him! He Spinnin' ***** he spinnin! He spinnin' ***** he spinnin'!" --Chris Rock

I love Reke

Pass-First Point Center Caffeinedisastr's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by AD23nEG10 View Post
    This is the Greatest thing on The Internet.

u forgot streetballer/and1 player/Rucker park player. Because being able to do moves means you cant play team ball

Pass-First Point Center Caffeinedisastr's Avatar
    The 2nd time today I've been able to use this.

So am I the only one who assumed jabberwalker was being sarcastic towards those who bash tyreke?

Sent through a gateway using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Kurgan View Post
    So am I the only one who assumed jabberwalker was being sarcastic towards those who bash tyreke?

Sent through a gateway using Tapatalk
    No. It's pretty clear.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bill from finance nailed it. I encourage people having whatever opinions they want. The point of my post is that every thread on here contains a large amount of the same posts repeatedly. I'm not saying be positive, be negative, whatever. I'm saying that posting "Reke is bad at shooting" is helpful to no one. Everyone here is smart enough to understand at least the fundamental issues with the staff/players.

Quote Originally Posted by Jabberwalker View Post
    Bill from finance nailed it. I encourage people having whatever opinions they want. The point of my post is that every thread on here contains a large amount of the same posts repeatedly. I'm not saying be positive, be negative, whatever. I'm saying that posting "Reke is bad at shooting" is helpful to no one. Everyone here is smart enough to understand at least the fundamental issues with the staff/players.
    I'm not that sure.

How do I fund a mental?

Quote Originally Posted by BallSoHard View Post
    I'm not that sure.
    I will say I must be onto something since I seem to be pissing off all the right people.

Quote Originally Posted by IamQuailman View Post
    How do I fund a mental?
    Reke's a pretty cool guy. Eh spins and doesn't afraid of anything.

Thread Information