Pelicans Report

Page 15 of 16 FirstFirst ... 5 11 12 13 14 15 16 LastLast

Thread: Game Day Thread! Pelicans vs. Jazz 12/16/14

Banned
    Yes

Quote Originally Posted by Alg_Hornet View Post
    Austin Rivers was the difference tonight
    Agreed. He had a couple of one-on-whatever fast breaks that were impressive, and he didn't try to force anything. Made his free throws. He is still improving....

Quote Originally Posted by NOEngineer View Post
    Agreed. He had a couple of one-on-whatever fast breaks that were impressive, and he didn't try to force anything. Made his free throws. He is still improving....
    He's still just 22.

I hope we really bring Gordon off the bench he's not doing us any favors opting out.

1-6

Banned
    Jimmer.

Quote Originally Posted by JimmerTime View Post
    Jimmer.
    And it was good. Dude has been coming to church fwiw.
    If you Jimmer it, they will come.

I rather Mekel Jimmer bring nothing to the game.

jimmer had a couple of nice assists, but other than that he has really been struggling with his shot. you could see the frustration in the first when he came off (i think it was then). limited minutes, but the 3's aren't falling. would really be helping us too. without that he is just generally giving up size on the other end. I didn't realise, but both him and rivers were #10 pick subsequent years.

Just finished watching the game and scan through the whole game thread, first I don't see all the flaws you guys are picking at. Yet some bonehead here and there but nothing make me jump out of the chair.

For the most part our starting guards dial back from out gun the other team to setting up AD, RA and Asik, if it wasn't for some bonehead(TO) play and Asik's stone hand their assist # is going to looks much better. One think I hope they do better is crash the board.

Out bench, I think they're starting to gel. Thanks for Cunningham, I think he lead by example.

Monty, I remember reading he was only using 1/3 of his playbook. If that's the case maybe he need to roll out the rest unless this is the brand of basketball Pelican wanted, two dynamic guards run the show and find open man for 3 or layup. It is getting very predicable.

Great win, with OKC over Sac just now they're right behind us and I don't see them stopping anytime soon we. With Lopez out Poland is our only hope to get the last spot.

The good news Is that they are playing both the Rockets and the Blazers on a back to back the next two games so the Pel's should be fresher going into both of these games.

Quote Originally Posted by billfromfinance View Post
    jimmer had a couple of nice assists, but other than that he has really been struggling with his shot. you could see the frustration in the first when he came off (i think it was then). limited minutes, but the 3's aren't falling. would really be helping us too. without that he is just generally giving up size on the other end. I didn't realise, but both him and rivers were #10 pick subsequent years.

its a shame because the looks he gets are good ones. think its just a rhythm/consistent minutes thing

The Voice of Reason Contributor RaisingTheBar's Avatar
    Wonder why Mekel isn't getting PT when he was right out the gate when he signed here

Quote Originally Posted by RaisingTheBar View Post
    Wonder why Mekel isn't getting PT when he was right out the gate when he signed here
    I said it earlier in this thread but I think the power of Mekel is the THREAT he is to Rivers and Jimmer.

What we honestly want is for those two to set the offense up more while still having the ability to hit shots. If Mekel provides enough incentive to keep those guys on point then he's worth the minimum contract.

So far I'd say its worked. Rivers has improved his passing and assists these last few games.

Pass-First Point Center Caffeinedisastr's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Perth_Hornet View Post
    Is 'he terrible' the new meme around here?

Quote Originally Posted by Mythrol View Post
    Oh man. There was a thick cheerleader taking a picture at the end that had very nice assests.
    OMG ikr! Just seen that lol
    CAW CAW!!!

-Founder and valuable member of the Caw Caw Boyz-

Pass-First Point Center Caffeinedisastr's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by NOEngineer View Post
    Think Tyreke is mentoring him?
    Looked like it the way he was getting to the hole on the break.

I didn't like our performance tonight . But I'm happy that we won . By the way , 3 rebounds Asik , come on

he got 5

How do we know he didn't get 6?
    Quote Originally Posted by zakzak View Post
    that dumb Gentry killing Asik morale seriously man he is been good when you compare last season then suddenly he sits whole damn first half barely gets minutes what an idiot we need muscle wee need rebound he took of asik jones,ajinca they got no place on this team play Diallo at least he is decent.
    .......if healthy

@Jabberwalker

Asik = Our very own "Manos de Piedra" -- but the Pels need him!

Rather have manos de piedra than muñecas del pollo.

Was watching the game on computer, saw Chris Trew in stands! Exciting times
    Quote Originally Posted by Eman5805 View Post
    Impossible. The octopus that lives in my brain hasn't squibbered anything about it to me.

Also, that's how octopi talk. They squibber. Yes, it's a word. Shut up.

Quote Originally Posted by billfromfinance View Post
    he got 5
    he terrible

The Rockets play the Pel's tomorrow and have just finished player an OT game against Denver.
    All their starters logged 45+ minutes

We need to make them run!!!

Anyone know if Howard is playing back to back games since coming back from his injury?

Thread Information