Pelicans Report

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Pelicans Whoop Lebron without Davis. Lebron Butthurt.

Pass-First Point Center Caffeinedisastr's Avatar

Pelicans Whoop Lebron without Davis. Lebron Butthurt.

Disrespect?
    Nah, we just knew he couldn't beat us on his own so we shut down Kyrie/Love.

http://neworleans.suntimes.com/nola-...owed/#comments

Also I don't really see where he said he was disrespected.

The Voice of Reason Contributor RaisingTheBar's Avatar
    And yet they still lost the game.
    Last edited by RaisingTheBar; 12-16-2014 at 10:31 AM.

That was a great game plan by Monty, and he used it against Kobe as well. He knows that the chances of Lebron or Kobe beating you alone is slim, and if they do, you can't do anything but shake your head at their talent.

Quote Originally Posted by Inner_GI View Post
    That was a great game plan by Monty, and he used it against Kobe as well. He knows that the chances of Lebron or Kobe beating you alone is slim, and if they do, you can't do anything but shake your head at their talent.
    Exactly. Superstars can only do so much on their own.

Put Lebron/Kobe/Durant on an island without help. Sure their stats will look good, but we'll get the W.

Banned
    That 'article' is reaching for clicks. He didn't say anything bad, nor did he feel disrespected.

Yeah, he said this the night of the defeat. It wasn't bad.

"I don't know if people know — I dislocated my pinkie finger. And [Tyreke] told me, 'You wanna go home or you wanna be here?' I want to be here. And he said, 'All right, then go tape it up and let's play. Let's go. We not stoppin' at no stores. Straight gas. That's what we do, just keep going.'"

http://thebasketbawlblog.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Inner_GI View Post
    It really was an awesome gameplan. Just goes to show that Love and Kyrie just aren't as great as everyone hypes them to be, too. I mean, Jrue did lock down Kyrie, but he's still vastly overrated.

Quote Originally Posted by iNolaNightmare View Post
    It really was an awesome gameplan. Just goes to show that Love and Kyrie just aren't as great as everyone hypes them to be, too. I mean, Jrue did lock down Kyrie, but he's still vastly overrated.
    Yeahm if you can single cover the other "stars" reasonably, then don't help.

Jrue straight up OWNED Tyreke.

He is so underrated as to what he brings on both ends of the court.

Quote Originally Posted by Caffeinedisastr View Post

Guessing you meant to say Kyrie Irving rather than Tyreke?

THE ANTIREKE BIAS IS REAL

I wouldn't go as far to say Kyrie Irving is overrated now. There have been games where the opposite held true for Irving/holiday. These guys all have their nights as professionals. Irving is still a beast and a top 5 Pg in this league. He's still very young as well.

I wouldn't go as far to say Kyrie Irving is overrated now. There have been games where the opposite held true for Irving/holiday. These guys all have their nights as professionals. Irving is still a beast and a top 5 Pg in this league. He's still very young as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Rheem654 View Post
    Guessing you meant to say Kyrie Irving rather than Tyreke?
    Yeah.

Him too! lol.

Quote Originally Posted by BallSoHard View Post
    Actually Tyreke has been one of my favorite players since I first saw him in his rookie year.

I was very happy when we traded for him. He's a very exciting player with an elite skill at getting to the basket. Just plain fun to watch.

What a stupid question, asking James what he thought of Babbitt being sent out to defend him. Who gives a flying -- what James thought of it?

Congrats James on your 41 points, in other news your team lost, if that sort of stat is important to you, I mean.....

Quote Originally Posted by kclaboy504 View Post
    Which pg are you taking Kyrie over? CP, Lillard, Curry, Parker, Wall?

But Babbitt is our starting SF, Lebron. Who would you rather guard you? our starting PG?

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonPelicans View Post
    Which pg are you taking Kyrie over? CP, Lillard, Curry, Parker, Wall?
    I think I'd take Kyrie over Lillard all things considered. Then I'd take Kyrie over Parker for the regular season, but there isnt a PG in the league who I'd take over Parker in the playoffs.

Kyrie as an individual player is great. Put him with a team where he can't dribble and dance and hold the ball he's garbage. at least right now he's no good. he's got to change his whole game now that he has Lebron to share with. same case for Dion Waiters. Kyrie has so much work to do to be considered in my top 5

Quote Originally Posted by AKpelicanfried View Post
    Kyrie as an individual player is great. Put him with a team where he can't dribble and dance and hold the ball he's garbage. at least right now he's no good. he's got to change his whole game now that he has Lebron to share with. same case for Dion Waiters. Kyrie has so much work to do to be considered in my top 5
    I'm by no means a Kyrie supporter, but I think the same can be said for most PGs in the league. If you make them play a different position, they wont be as effective. Tony Parker would be basically worthless off-ball. CP and Wall have never proven they can play off-ball. Lillard is in the same boat as Kyrie, as most of his 3's come off of the dribble. Curry played SG in FIBA and wasn't nearly as effective. Jrue is still adjusting to having to share the ball with Tyreke.

I just don't think you can judge a player based on adversity he's required to deal with on his own team that none of the other top PGs have to overcome.

Quote Originally Posted by pelafanatic View Post
    Tony Parker would be basically worthless off-ball.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pxCihOz6_UU

Might wanna reconsider it

You play to your strenghts. If the dropoff that comes with Jrue playing off ball isn't as big as the one you get with Tyreke playing off ball, you take it.

Thread Information