Pelicans Report

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Other teams are interested in Tyreke

Other teams are interested in Tyreke

So I guess when people state Reke isn't part of the core that isn't true.

1-6

Jrue Holiday has been our best player not named Anthony Davis.

I guess this means we can end the hypothetical trades involving Tyreke or Ryno. We need to see what this team can do together for at least one full season.
    Last edited by RUFshreve; 12-15-2014 at 11:31 PM.

OT but Joe Dumars was in the Saints executive press box at the game tonight. Does anyone think this is something?

good info, here is his article for a read too if anyone missed it:
    http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2...ason-kicks-off

A Soulful Sports Fan Contributor Eman5805's Avatar
    The way Tyreke has been playing, I'm sure plenty of teams would love to add him to their squad. Particularly teams like Detroit, Charlotte, and New York.

Quote Originally Posted by Eman5805 View Post
    The way Tyreke has been playing, I'm sure plenty of teams would love to add him to their squad. Particularly teams like Detroit, Charlotte, and New York.
    Reke would be awful or Detriot and Charlotte with 0 spacing. He would be best with Phx, him and Bledsoe in the frontcourt would be lethal.

Jimeert Freedet 4 Prez IamQuailman's Avatar
    Weird, I thought Tyreke was a horrible and laughable contract by media and league standards.

I think it's also odd Reke is our most sought after player.

I just don't see a big move for us this year. That will have to wait for the off season or next years trade deadline (if Gordon decides not to opt out, which seems likely, and we don't stretch his deal). In the meantime we should focus on evaluating this core over a sufficient sample size of games.

how much under the tax threshold will we be this offseason?

Quote Originally Posted by HornetGuru View Post
    how much under the tax threshold will we be this offseason?
    It would be nearly impossible for us to hit luxury tax this summer.

Quote Originally Posted by Mythrol View Post
    It would be nearly impossible for us to hit luxury tax this summer.
    so does this mean we would be able to resign asik and afford draymond green? Im not good with the cap, what does this mean exactly by him saying that our officials are not worried because we have plenty of room to operate and make moves before the tax threshold? Thanks.
    Last edited by HornetGuru; 12-16-2014 at 12:31 AM.

Saint Pelican of Mile High Contributor DefensiveMind's Avatar
    so does this mean we would be able to resign asik and afford draymond green? Im not good with the cap, what does this mean exactly by him saying that our officials are not worried because we have plenty of room to operate and make moves before the tax threshold? Thanks.
    Means we are free to use our exceptions and make legal trades that bring in slightly more money than we send out without putting ourselves in the luxury. Think of it like using your debit card, your swiping but not worrying over drafting and paying a penalty.

Quote Originally Posted by DefensiveMind View Post
    Means we are free to use our exceptions and make legal trades that bring in slightly more money than we send out without putting ourselves in the luxury. Think of it like using your debit card, your swiping but not worrying over drafting and paying a penalty.
    so does that mean it eludes to us maybe making a trade in the offseason and in the trade bringing back more money then we are sending out? Thanks.

so does that mean it eludes to us maybe making a trade in the offseason and in the trade bringing back more money then we are sending out? Thanks.

Saint Pelican of Mile High Contributor DefensiveMind's Avatar
    Not necessarily. just that our options are open and that we have enough flexibility to what we need to do to improve the team. The method could change, as everything is fluid.

hmmmmmmmmmmmmm...

Quote Originally Posted by Pelicans_fan_504 View Post
    OT but Joe Dumars was in the Saints executive press box at the game tonight. Does anyone think this is something?
    Dumars is a Louisianian. Might just be a Saints fan.

Not necessarily. just that our options are open and that we have enough flexibility to what we need to do to improve the team. The method could change, as everything is fluid.
    If Benson wanted to and didn't mind going into the cap and spending the extra money because he wants to win could it be possible to resign Asik and also go after Draymond? Like going over the soft cap and into the luxury tax and having to spend like a dollar for every dollar u go over or something like that?

I know u can only go into the luxury by re signing ur own players but could we sign draymond first and THEN sign Asik and go into the luxury or use his bird rights or whatever it is?
    Last edited by HornetGuru; 12-16-2014 at 01:52 AM.

Considering Asik's age and offensive woes, any chance of a smaller contract next?

i would scream of joy if we move tyreke, his a good player.. but i just don't like his mentality and his playing style on this team at all..
    the guy barley cares about winning.. all about the stats

If Benson wanted to and didn't mind going into the cap and spending the extra money because he wants to win could it be possible to resign Asik and also go after Draymond? Like going over the soft cap and into the luxury tax and having to spend like a dollar for every dollar u go over or something like that?

I know u can only go into the luxury by re signing ur own players but could we sign draymond first and THEN sign Asik and go into the luxury or use his bird rights or whatever it is?
    It honestly boggles my mind that you don't know the answer to this. You started a thread with LITERALLY this exact same question less than a month ago and several of us took the time to explain to you the concept of cap holds.

http://www.pelicansreport.com/showth...95#post1258095

Read the CBA FAQ every day between now and the offseason. Then you will understand why we cannot sign Asik and Draymond Green and you won't need to keep asking every week.
    Last edited by greewe; 12-16-2014 at 06:46 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by billfromfinance View Post
    good info, here is his article for a read too if anyone missed it:
    http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2...ason-kicks-off
    Thaddeus Young and Mo Williams, Minnesota

The Timberwolves are going nowhere this season and might as well see what they can get for these two respected veterans, who would be attractive to any contending team.
    Always liked Thad's game.

Jimeert Freedet 4 Prez IamQuailman's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by DroopyDawg View Post
    Always liked Thad's game.
    nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

Quote Originally Posted by Pelicans_fan_504 View Post
    Nah, he's a Louisiana native.

E: beaten
    Last edited by Kibner; 12-16-2014 at 07:29 AM.

Thread Information