Pelicans Report

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Kings fire Mike Malone

The Voice of Reason Contributor RaisingTheBar's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Caffeinedisastr View Post
    Because Sacramento is clueless?
    I guess I meant in terms of basketball decisions over inept decision making.

Quote Originally Posted by Caffeinedisastr View Post
    Because Sacramento is clueless?
    I guess I meant in terms of basketball decisions over inept decision making.

Pass-First Point Center Caffeinedisastr's Avatar
    I'm starting to think Sacramento is the Oakland Raiders of the NBA.

Something in the water over there.

The biggest name being thrown around right now is George Karl going to SAC since he will play more uptempo, which the GM apparently wants. Interesting..

Quote Originally Posted by cmac81 View Post
    The biggest name being thrown around right now is George Karl going to SAC since he will play more uptempo, which the GM apparently wants. Interesting..

I'm not necessarily a big fan of Monty, but if we take the best team in the league into overtime with our best player sitting out of the game, I find it hard to complain.

Can't say I understand the Mike Malone situation.

Mike was doing a wonderful job, almost everyone is having a career year under his coaching. Guess that want a more small ball after they looked at GS's record.

Go get him Dell.

that FO is dumb they want to play uptempo where their franchise player likes post ups.

1-6

Pass-First Point Center Caffeinedisastr's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by 504ByrdGang View Post
    that FO is dumb they want to play uptempo where their franchise player likes post ups.
    This. Oakland Raiders.

George Karl would be stupid to go to the Kings. He'd be wasting his last real shot at chipping with a dysfunctional organization that clearly thinks they know better then their coaches even when their coach is having a year that exceeded all expectations until injuries hit.

Karl should hold off for Cleveland(I'd love him to come here but I don't see us dumping Monty without a very poor finish to the season). Plus cousins is much better suited for a half court system.
    Last edited by N.O.Bronco; 12-15-2014 at 11:29 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by IamQuailman View Post
    I think you just gave away your "source" for you inside info LOL
    haha u mean 1 of my sources.

The Pistons and Kings have both been off to tough starts this season and now Malone has been fired according to ESPN.com and Yahoo Sports. The Yahoo report detailed some reasons why Malone was fired and one of the reasons cited was the fact that he did not approve the idea of trading for Smith this summer. ESPN.com reported that the Kings and Pistons were talking about a potential deal for Smith, as Sacramento wanted to add an offensive threat up front with DeMarcus Cousins.
    http://www.sportsworldreport.com/art...oach-fired.htm

Dude got fired for making a good decision. SMH.

"I don't know if people know — I dislocated my pinkie finger. And [Tyreke] told me, 'You wanna go home or you wanna be here?' I want to be here. And he said, 'All right, then go tape it up and let's play. Let's go. We not stoppin' at no stores. Straight gas. That's what we do, just keep going.'"

http://thebasketbawlblog.com/

Karl has come out and said he is "Very interested" in the job and he wants them to call.

Sigh. So depressing.

A Soulful Sports Fan Contributor Eman5805's Avatar
    We could've been brought him in if we were so motivated. Oh well.

We should bring back Malone immediately.
    Last edited by RUFshreve; 12-15-2014 at 05:31 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Smirk View Post
    Karl has come out and said he is "Very interested" in the job and he wants them to call.

Sigh. So depressing.
    DAMMIT.
    CAW CAW!!!

-Founder and valuable member of the Caw Caw Boyz-

Quote Originally Posted by Eman5805 View Post
    We could've been brought him in if we were so motivated. Oh well.
    Back to Monty right???

The only thing that will make feel better from all this Karl mess is if we picked up Malone. If the front office is not on the phone with him, then its poor judgement from their parts. Stats dont lie when he was apart of this team.

Quote Originally Posted by Silverfoxx View Post
    The only thing that will make feel better from all this Karl mess is if we picked up Malone. If the front office is not on the phone with him, then its poor judgement from their parts. Stats dont lie when he was apart of this team.

I thought maybe there was some hidden locker issues and that was why Malone was kicked out but from reports it looks like the team is genuinely upset, shocked and sad over this. Kings brass pretty much just killed their season and I can't wait to see Cousins if Corbin is garbage or Mullin stinks. They finally fond a guy Cousins seems to respect and took that next leap people were beginning to think wouldnt happen and bam, they fire him.

Saint Pelican of Mile High Contributor DefensiveMind's Avatar
    Excellent news for the Pels. 1 less team to worry about, honestly and not just this season. This owner is, at best, a joke. At worst, a Shinn level imcompent only with more money. He hired his coach before his GM. Actually wanted his coach to play Royce White and trade for Josh Smith and wants to play a fast up and down and possibly insane form of 4 on 5 fast break basketball even though he employs arguably the best post player in the world. Ah well...

I was eating a lot of crow so far this year with my feelings toward how bad the Kings would be. Phew, at least Kings gonna Kings.

I thought maybe there was some other reason behind the scenes for why he was fired too, assuming some kind of Marc Jackson deal. Nope, he made a good decision months ago, was proven to make the correct decision, exceeded expectations, and is now fired. What? If Monty thinks he could be a better assistant than his current staff, I'd love to see him brought in again.
    Quote Originally Posted by zakzak View Post
    that dumb Gentry killing Asik morale seriously man he is been good when you compare last season then suddenly he sits whole damn first half barely gets minutes what an idiot we need muscle wee need rebound he took of asik jones,ajinca they got no place on this team play Diallo at least he is decent.
    .......if healthy

@Jabberwalker

Quote Originally Posted by DefensiveMind View Post
    Excellent news for the Pels. 1 less team to worry about, honestly and not just this season. This owner is, at best, a joke. At worst, a Shinn level imcompent only with more money. He hired his coach before his GM. Actually wanted his coach to play Royce White and trade for Josh Smith and wants to play a fast up and down and possibly insane form of 4 on 5 fast break basketball even though he employs arguably the best post player in the world. Ah well...
    On top of that:
    We play portland on Saturday - RoLo just fractured his hand.
    The bucks just beat phoenix.
    Kings looking messy.

Make it Happen Demps....or Benson...or Loomis? Whoever makes these things happen, make it happen.

Thread Information