Pelicans Report

Page 6 of 18 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 16 ... LastLast

Thread: Gameday Thread - Pels vs Warriors

Quote Originally Posted by Kibner View Post
    Also, a young up-and-comer will be paid the same or more than Anderson, so you won't be getting one of those AND depth for him.
    If you got someone(not saying I would do it) but Harrison Barnes and a quality backup PG, you fill a hole with a player on a rookie contract who will have a more manageable second contract.

Davis deserves a Melo contract. More than Melo.

Quote Originally Posted by AUSSIE_PELICAN View Post
    He would be stupid not to wait then.

http://www.bourbonstreetshots.com/20...eans-pelicans/
    Thanks, I had forgotten about that article.

Quote Originally Posted by Mythrol View Post
    Yes he will. His next contract will be % based. He will earn 25-30% of our total cap depending on if he qualifies for Rose Rule.
    That's why I mentioned the TV contract. Someone linked me a relevant BBS article. We well have a very good idea if he will qualify for the Rose rule after this season.

Quote Originally Posted by N.O.Bronco View Post
    If you got someone(not saying I would do it) but Harrison Barnes and a quality backup PG, you fill a hole with a player on a rookie contract who will have a more manageable second contract.
    What is there to believe Barnes contract will be any more manageable than Ryno's next one? Barnes is young and playing good this year. He could easily get 15m/yr by some desperate team.

They would be up for making as much money as Anderson the very next season.

What happened to Green that he got that tech?

LMAO y'all just hear what steve kerr told draymond??

Quote Originally Posted by Ludiculous View Post
    What happened to Green that he got that tech?
    Someone said he kicked a stool or something.

Quote Originally Posted by Mythrol View Post
    I'm not saying we don't trade someone. We might very well. But the calls to move Ryno right now are early at best. If a great offer presents itself then sure. But I could very easily see us doing a S&T instead.

To answer your question, with the new Tv contract we will still have over 20m dollars to get a SF and a bench. Not including MLE and Bi-Annual exception. Ryno, plus a MLE player, and a Bi-Annual gives you a solid 6-8 players not to mention by this time we will have 1 or 2 first round picks to help add depth. Keeping Ryno really isn't an issue at all.
    No one is saying move him to move him. Move him with the right offer. If no great offer is presenting itself near his contract expiration, well, then weigh alternative options.

With the TV contract will also come rising player costs. Jrue - even playing at a level that currently would qualify for 11 million - will rise due to market forces brought on by the TV contract. Same goes for everyone else. An 11 million dollar player is going to go higher tomorrow then today.

I would be very curious to see your actual numbers to show how we can retain Ryno, everyone else, add a legit 3 and D SF that can be a contributor on a championship squad and fill our bench out.

I'd be all for it if someone can show me a breakdown of the numbers in detail but I have messed around with it and unless I start engaging in wishful thinking I can't make it work.

man would I love draymond on this team. He can do it all.

Quote Originally Posted by HornetGuru View Post
    man would I love draymond on this team. He can do it all.
    Then you would start threads about hid trade value since he pays the same position as AD.

Bruce Jenner strikes again!

Asik, that was bad, bro. Good move, but poor finish.

HAHAHA WTF ASIK!

Asik is so good rebounding and defending, so bad on offense lmao. just cost jrue an easy assist off a great pass.

3 minutes into the quarter and Asik already looks dog tired.

Then you would start threads about hid trade value since he pays the same position as AD.

but he doesn't... he is being forced to play PF because david lee is out, draymond is a true SF though, get ur facts straight lmao.

They would be up for making as much money as Anderson the very next season.
    And if the choice becomes putting an equally high quality player at SF or backup PF. I take the starter everytime.

Feel free to build me a roster where we can realistically fill out a quality starting five and retain Ryno and have enough room to put together a competent bench?

Again, Asik will be resingned for around 10 million a year. Davis will be 20+ million. Jrue and Evans expire in 2017, Ryno 2016. All three will likely cost 10 million+. so that is 60 million+ and we still have no small forward and no one else on the roster.

I love Ryno but keeping him at a 10+ million means sacrificing quite a lot. We would be very smart to trade him for a young up and coming SF and some depth if the right offer is presented.
    I wasn't arguing that we can or can't afford to keep Ryno, merely rebutting the assertion that they are the same player.

Quote Originally Posted by HornetGuru View Post
    but he doesn't... he is being forced to play PF because david lee is out, draymond is a true SF though, get ur facts straight lmao.
    Nah, he's a straight up tweener.

Just like Barnes.

All-Star
    Asik at offense is ver very very bad

lol @ mixtape

U-L-M...Geaux Hawks Geaux djpaul89's Avatar
    I am literally LOLing. You can't go blow for blow with them.

Our bench will have to get us back in the game. GS starting 5 has too much firepower.

No one is saying move him to move him. Move him with the right offer. If no great offer is presenting itself near his contract expiration, well, then weigh alternative options.

With the TV contract will also come rising player costs. Jrue - even playing at a level that currently would qualify for 11 million - will rise due to market forces brought on by the TV contract. Same goes for everyone else. An 11 million dollar player is going to go higher tomorrow then today.

I would be very curious to see your actual numbers to show how we can retain Ryno, everyone else, add a legit 3 and D SF that can be a contributor on a championship squad and fill our bench out.

I'd be all for it if someone can show me a breakdown of the numbers in detail but I have messed around with it and unless I start engaging in wishful thinking I can't make it work.
    As soon as I see people trying to move Ryno for Lance Stephenson I see exactly that. Trying to move Ryno just to move him.

We simply don't know what players will getting. What will 27ish yr old players going on their 3rd contract get? Who knows.

But I'm certainly not going to start moving players now because I'm worried about contracts in 2 years. We will have Birds rights on all of them and they will be RFA. We could go deep into luxury cap to sign all of them if we really felt they were core.

Jrue and Tyreke are 3 years down the road. Are we seriously going to worry about their new contracts already? Half the people here are still complaining about Tyreke.

Gordon will come off the books and we can sign our SF in 2 years. We should be able to offer a near max at that point. Then we can worry about who we will move and for what the following year.

Thread Information