Pelicans Report

Page 5 of 18 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 15 ... LastLast

Thread: Gameday Thread - Pels vs Warriors

Quote Originally Posted by Mythrol View Post
    Yes.
    And then the following year when Jrue and Evans contracts are up?

Yes.
    Didn't know that, in that case I hope we do keep him

Quote Originally Posted by N.O.Bronco View Post
    We are going to tie up over 30 million in salary space on guys that play the same position? Davis will get 20 mil+ and Ryno is going to go for over 10+ easy.
    Davis and Ryno have completely different skill sets and are highly complimentary.

Only both the same position in the losest sense of the word.

jrue and tyreke are carrying us, their numbers are identical right down to the FG% lol.

Quote Originally Posted by HornetGuru View Post
    is 27 minutes a game starters minutes? Im asking not being sarcastic.
    He is coming back from injury and he's already averaging 28.5mpg. He will be up above 30 very shortly and that's right where I put starter minutes at.

26th in the league at shooting FTs....

He is coming back from injury and he's already averaging 28.5mpg. He will be up above 30 very shortly and that's right where I put starter minutes at.
    gotcha

man draymond is pissssssssssssed

All-Star
    9 down.. very difficult

Are they going to demand a ton more than 11m/yr? I doubt it.

Do we start the 2nd half w/ a free throw b/c of that T?

Quote Originally Posted by PeliKhan View Post
    Do we start the 2nd half w/ a free throw b/c of that T?
    I would assume so. He just kicked a stool. Safe to assume he's pretty upset

So I guess a free throw to start the 3rd? Another bad 2nd quarter against GS full of wasted possessions.

Tell me how Iggy doesn't make us a way better team? Perfect fit! Well worth adding a year to Gordons contract.

Quote Originally Posted by luckyman View Post
    So I guess a free throw to start the 3rd?
    I've never seen that before i dont think lol

People just assume players always want to leave. Jrue and Tyreke won't be commanding much(if any) more money than they are making now in relation to the CAP, so I don't see why people are always so willing to trade away players before their contract ends.

I think it's safe to assume, most players on this team would like to continue playing with a top 3 player in the league, especially if we are getting closer and closer to becoming a team ready to compete in the western conference playoffs.

Quote Originally Posted by Perth_Hornet View Post
    Davis and Ryno have completely different skill sets and are highly complimentary.

Only both the same position in the losest sense of the word.
    Feel free to build me a roster where we can realistically fill out a quality starting five and retain Ryno and have enough room to put together a competent bench?

Again, Asik will be resingned for around 10 million a year. Davis will be 20+ million. Jrue and Evans expire in 2017, Ryno 2016. All three will likely cost 10 million+. so that is 60 million+ and we still have no small forward and no one else on the roster.

I love Ryno but keeping him at a 10+ million means sacrificing quite a lot. And that is assuming that no team out there is looking to severely overpay for him and he walks. We would be very smart to trade him for a young up and coming SF and some depth if the right offer is presented.
    Last edited by N.O.Bronco; 12-14-2014 at 06:13 PM.

Davis won't be getting 20+ if his contract is signed before the new TV contract kicks in.

Also, a young up-and-comer will be paid the same or more than Anderson, so you won't be getting one of those AND depth for him.

Damn double posting

Quote Originally Posted by Kibner View Post
    Davis won't be getting 20+ if his contract is signed before the new TV contract kicks in.
    18.9-24 million depending on timing and benchmarks if McNamara's assessment is to be trusted(and I have no reason not too).

He would be stupid not to wait then.

http://www.bourbonstreetshots.com/20...eans-pelicans/

Banned
    We shouldn't be carried by two players. Our starting guards need to share the ball...that is when we are good.

Feel free to build me a roster where we can realistically fill out a quality starting five and retain Ryno and have enough room to put together a competent bench?

Again, Asik will be resingned for around 10 million a year. Davis will be 20+ million. Jrue and Evans expire in 2017, Ryno 2016. All three will likely cost 10 million+. so that is 60 million+ and we still have no small forward and no one else on the roster.

I love Ryno but keeping him at a 10+ million means sacrificing quite a lot. We would be very smart to trade him for a young up and coming SF and some depth if the right offer is presented.
    I'm not saying we don't trade someone. We might very well. But the calls to move Ryno right now are early at best. If a great offer presents itself then sure. But I could very easily see us doing a S&T instead.

To answer your question, with the new Tv contract we will still have over 20m dollars to get a SF and a bench. Not including MLE and Bi-Annual exception. Ryno, plus a MLE player, and a Bi-Annual gives you a solid 6-8 players not to mention by this time we will have 1 or 2 first round picks to help add depth. Keeping Ryno really isn't an issue at all.

Yes he will. His next contract will be % based. He will earn 25-30% of our total cap depending on if he qualifies for Rose Rule.

Thread Information