Pelicans Report

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Realistic Record Over Next 12?

Question Realistic Record Over Next 12?

Between now and Jan. 2 we play a dozen teams whose collective winning percentage is .620. The murderer's row includes The Cavs, The Warriors, The Rockets (twice), The Spurs (twice), The Suns, The Blazers and away games at Chicago and Oklahoma City. Three of these games will be second nights of back-to-backs. Whew!

My question is what do you think is a realistic record over these next 12 games? If we went 6-6 I'd be thrilled ( 7 of the 12 are at home). But I think something like 4-8 is more likely. Which means heading into January we'd be around 14-19.

Am I being too pessimistic? Too optimistic? What's your prediction?

We only beat 1 team over .500 so 14-19 sound right but at least it'll get monty fired.

1-6

Quote Originally Posted by 504ByrdGang View Post
    We only beat 1 team over .500 so 14-19 sound right but at least it'll get monty fired.
    Lol, I got us going 4-8 as well. 14-19 will be ugly, hopefully Eric the GOAT comes back nd we go 6-6 or 8-4!
    CAW CAW!!!

-Founder and valuable member of the Caw Caw Boyz-

Quote Originally Posted by new city champ View Post
    Between now and Jan. 2 we play a dozen teams whose collective winning percentage is .620. The murderer's row includes The Cavs, The Warriors, The Rockets (twice), The Spurs (twice), The Suns, The Blazers and away games at Chicago and Oklahoma City. Three of these games will be second nights of back-to-backs. Whew!

My question is what do you think is a realistic record over these next 12 games? If we went 6-6 I'd be thrilled ( 7 of the 12 are at home). But I think something like 4-8 is more likely. Which means heading into January we'd be around 14-19.

Am I being too pessimistic? Too optimistic? What's your prediction?
    thankfully this'll be changed soon.

I doubt it

I doubt it

Quote Originally Posted by PhilJFry View Post
    I doubt it
    If this org is cool with being 14-19 in a win now year and never being able to beat good teams which looks like a coaching problems because we dominate bad teams then AD is as good as gone because this team couldn't realized the problem with this team

The Voice of Reason Contributor RaisingTheBar's Avatar
    I'm hoping for a miracle.

If this org is cool with being 14-19 in a win now year and never being able to beat good teams which looks like a coaching problems because we dominate bad teams then AD is as good as gone because this team couldn't realized the problem with this team
    Based on half a year? It's a process. They're a young team. Winning almost every game that we're supposed to win is a good step. The next step is beating good teams. It'll happen, but not if you fire the coach after every stretch of games your unhappy with. AD is here for another 7 years unless he turns down a **** ton of money and makes a move no one ever has.

Based on half a year? It's a process. They're a young team. Winning almost every game that we're supposed to win is a good step. The next step is beating good teams. It'll happen, but not if you fire the coach after every stretch of games your unhappy with. AD is here for another 7 years unless he turns down a **** ton of money and makes a move no one ever has.

Pass-First Point Center Caffeinedisastr's Avatar
    0-12 is realistic.
    12-0 is unrealistic.

We could slide to 2-10.
    But I think we'll go 5-7.

So.....

to answer your question, I have no idea.

Quote Originally Posted by new city champ View Post
    Between now and Jan. 2 we play a dozen teams whose collective winning percentage is .620. The murderer's row includes The Cavs, The Warriors, The Rockets (twice), The Spurs (twice), The Suns, The Blazers and away games at Chicago and Oklahoma City.
    I'll go somewhere between optimistic and realistic and say we beat CLE, HOU once, SA once, POR, Utah, and Indiana. So we go 6-6, maybe 5-7. If we're within 2 games of .500 heading into January, we're looking good. Our schedule has us set for a run then.

Pass-First Point Center Caffeinedisastr's Avatar
    Beat the Cavs, Warriors, Rockets once, Chicago & OKC.

If we go 5-7 and come out at the other end at 15-18, I think you'd have to count that as a win. Ending up at 14-19 or 13-20 is realistic, but would obviously put us in a bad position to make a serious run at the 8th playoff spot. This stretch may tell us if we are ready to really compete with upper-tier teams, at least at home. I kind of wish it came a month or so later in the season, but that's how it goes.

i think we finish the season at .500 so i'm going to say we go 6-6

too much talent and ryno will break out of his slump.

To say this is disingenuous and short sighted. Of all those .500 plus teams, all of them have been played on the road except one, which was at home vs. Dallas in the 2nd game of the season. We are talking about 11 games and only one of those at SKC.

The Pelicans SOS is currently tied for 8th, but when you consider home vs. road, it has to be top 3.

It's even tougher if you include OKC and Sacramento which most would consider above .500 teams or close to it by year end. Pelicans are 2-1 against them.

Banned
    Maybe, I'm a wishful thinker but I think we will be 500.

Quote Originally Posted by HornetGuru View Post
    i think we finish the season at .500 so i'm going to say we go 6-6

too much talent and ryno will break out of his slump.
    Ryno has to get out this little slump if we do have a shot at 6-6...

Banned
    He played well last Cleveland game. Maybe, it will get him on track.

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! pelicanchamp's Avatar
    7-5 is realistic....

Realistic Record Over Next 12?

I feel like 5-7 will be the split.

If Kyrie is out tonight I have us winning against Cavs, Suns, Blazers, Rockets, OKC. I could see us possibly stealing one from the Spurs and the Chicago game.

But overall I think 5-7. If we break I think it will the opposite way and be 4-8. I don't think we will break even though I would be pumped if we did.

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! pelicanchamp's Avatar
    If the PELS correct some their problems, which they very well can, then I expect them to upset a lot if these teams. We've had a difficult start but I think we can turn it around.

why is this a win now year? who looks at our roster and thinks it is a win now year when looking at the rest of the west? AD isn't going anywhere. Do you hang out with MMembreno in your spare time, discussing the world coming to an end?

Quote Originally Posted by xFAiRWARNiNG View Post
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	snrubsmall.png.jpg 
Views:	167 
Size:	4.1 KB 
ID:	5816

Thread Information