Pelicans Report

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Why can't we beat good teams?

Quote Originally Posted by Caffeinedisastr View Post
    Jrue is waking up.

And when he does, he'll take the reigns of this dormant giant and wake it up as well.
    This. I'm seeing an Transformation in Jrue. He is realizing that he is #2 on this team. And that he needs to be a leader.
    CAW CAW!!!

-Founder and valuable member of the Caw Caw Boyz-

Quote Originally Posted by Caffeinedisastr View Post
    Jrue is waking up.

And when he does, he'll take the reigns of this dormant giant and wake it up as well.
    This. I'm seeing an Transformation in Jrue. He is realizing that he is #2 on this team. And that he needs to be a leader.

Pass-First Point Center Caffeinedisastr's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Silverfoxx View Post
    If he returns to what he was in Philly, we'll be dangerous as hell.

The Franchise Contributor luigi modelo's Avatar
    Last night was just a great game and that is all that really needs to be said about it. i wish that we would have capitalized on their mistakes at the beginning of the 3rd and built a more comfortable lead, but overall it was just two good teams going at it. It'll come for us soon enough!

When we had CP3 we won nearly all of our close games. He played the waning minutes soooo smart. This team is young. Hopefully Jrue is turning the corner, and he can be that man. I was really hoping he was going to take our last shot last night.When we need 2, AD should be our man though.

Quote Originally Posted by fullcourtpress View Post
    Hopefully Jrue is turning the corner, and he can be that man. [B] I was really hoping he was going to take our last shot last night.
    I too was hoping it would go to Jrue. He was on fire.

Its defense lapses are a combination of scheme and the youth of our team. Davis is our best player by far, but last night he was making mistakes on pick and roll switching. This will come in time. He will fix his mistakes and become the heralded defensive player we all thought he would be when coming out of college.

Patience, people. And we can, we did hand it to the Spurs in San Antonio. And show out against KD and Russell at their first game back together. We have made so many roster moves and we are still trying to figure out our rotation (big time).

Our Pnr defense is really bad I hope it's something they work on

1-6

IDK, Maybe I'm looking at this the wrong way but it looks to me like we lost to Dallas because Reke and Ryno had off nights. They combined for 7-19 and o-fer beyond the arc. Ryans only saving grace was 7-7 from the gift line. Holliday picked up some of those lost points but having no one else step up (getting the usual 6 from Rivers and 5 from Luke) didn't help either. I do agee the Mav's guards getting to the rim with little to no effort was disturbing but all in all I just feel that the shots fell for Dallas and not for us. It happens it doesn't mean the team is in peral and we need to change course or anything. Remember, the team just got back from a west coast swing, stopped of in New Orleans for a change of cloths and were off to Dallas. Not trying to make that an excuse but it is what it is.

Banned
    We haven't had very many non-ryno(any?) double digit scoring games.

Quote Originally Posted by fullcourtpress View Post
    When we had CP3 we won nearly all of our close games. He played the waning minutes soooo smart. This team is young. Hopefully Jrue is turning the corner, and he can be that man. I was really hoping he was going to take our last shot last night.When we need 2, AD should be our man though.
    I see Jrue smartness and IQ increasing every game. Even my brothers are noticing the little things he does that great PGs in the league does for their team. I feel like Monty main fault last night was ignoring the hot hand and trusting Jrue. A Drawn up call for Jrue should have been made. In the long haul AD and Jrue will be our ride or die guys at the end of games, we have to start trusting them and put them in postions for experience and confidence. Because im telling you guys, Jrue Holiday is arriving, his confindence and role on this team is becoming more clear. The only knock on him is his hesitation, once he gets more confidence with AD, then we will have our deadly 1 2 punch that will cover for this team.

Quote Originally Posted by SportsPillowTlk View Post
    Its defense lapses are a combination of scheme and the youth of our team. Davis is our best player by far, but last night he was making mistakes on pick and roll switching. This will come in time. He will fix his mistakes and become the heralded defensive player we all thought he would be when coming out of college.
    They were showing lowlights and highlights of his college days on defense and offense and how over the years he has grown. He will grow and learn from this. In the SI article about him, the article speaks about how he goes back and review footage of games flaws, he is more concern with errors and getting better.

It's a combination of rotations, difficult schedule, Gordon's injury, developing chemistry & Ryno's slump.

Considering our strength of schedule status, we're actually pretty good.

http://www.teamrankings.com/nba/rank...hedule-by-team

I'm hoping we'll go on a run as the schedule gets easier, most likely in the new year.

Quote Originally Posted by Silverfoxx View Post
    I see Jrue smartness and IQ increasing every game. Even my brothers are noticing the little things he does that great PGs in the league does for their team. I feel like Monty main fault last night was ignoring the hot hand and trusting Jrue. A Drawn up call for Jrue should have been made. In the long haul AD and Jrue will be our ride or die guys at the end of games, we have to start trusting them and put them in postions for experience and confidence. Because im telling you guys, Jrue Holiday is arriving, his confindence and role on this team is becoming more clear. The only knock on him is his hesitation, once he gets more confidence with AD, then we will have our deadly 1 2 punch that will cover for this team.

Nice. I agree. (but you cant be blaming monty for ryno taking an open 3 in that situation regardless of how realistic the notion of a player being 'hot' seems to be. They're at practice and now the probabilities I guess. But do you remember early on when Jrue passed up the open three and the announcers were saying that he has to take that. (not just the open 3, but a rythym shot that kinda flowed to him). Well, they were right. I was wondering if it was the "get it to AD thing".

Jrue's development is why I wish Tyreke was a luxury we could afford. Meaning, I wish we had the depth that could have him either hogging or kicking it out to ryno with the second team.

Thats our problem. Which was why the blame game thread voting monty to blame was silly.

Ryno and Tyreke are/were envisioned as back-ups. But we couldn't find servicable wing players when all they have to do is play hard D and shoot.

When when we win these games. When we trade one of our 'luxury' bench stars for some depth.

Sorry Ryno and Tyreke

when Gordon gets back- maybe Cunningham and he can fix it?
    Last edited by fullcourtpress; 12-11-2014 at 08:58 PM.

Just thought I would re-post this here to show who has had the toughest schedule so far and who is sitting on top of that list

Just shows how bad Brooklyn and Detroit are.

Quote Originally Posted by AUSSIE_PELICAN View Post
    Just thought I would re-post this here to show who has had the toughest schedule so far and who is sitting on top of that list

Just shows how bad Brooklyn and Detroit are.
    And just think we are doing this with 15 million in dead weight.

Quote Originally Posted by Pelicans_fan_504 View Post
    And just think we are doing this with 15 million in dead weight.
    Does anyone know how they determine this?
    Does it depend on where the team finished last year and who they have played based on that teams ranking from last year?

Talk about nit-picking. We are playing good basketball. Period. But not good to climb out of the cellar in the toughest division in pro sports.

We are younger than each and every other team in our division. WE have a 21 yr old MVP candidate with an undefinable upside.

Every team that has ever won a championship, except two, in ....... something like the last fifty years has had an MVP.

The Celts won one before Bird had won an MVP.

And the Pistons.

That's it.

If AD resigns here. And that is an 'if'. We will get championships. Some of you act like this is such a foregone conclusion; Orlando thought this too when Shaq was..... stolen lol.

Personally, I'd stick with Monty too. He is a good coach, and Davis knows it. He shouldn't be the scapegoat as we build. Just like the players he must continually improve, Monty needs to do the same of course. I think the Olympic Team experience was decent enough professional development for this year.

So, one can cross Houston and Memphis outta the mix then sign up S.A. for social security. This leaves us Dallas.

Thread Information