Pelicans Report

Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 13 ... LastLast

Thread: Game Day Thread: Pels vs Knicks

That pick and roll action is there alllll dayyyyy ahhhhh. Whyyyy...

Pass-First Point Center Caffeinedisastr's Avatar
    Babbitt's hair is awesome. Much like Sampson, it is the source of his power.

Quote Originally Posted by MMEmbreno View Post
    Omg, finally, that works every game all day, why we don't do it more often.....
    We run it pretty often, not sure why it doesn't work more often. I haven't taken a close look at it, but could one of the (potentially several) reasons be because of the weak screens by AD not creating enough separation for the guards? Or maybe the guards aren't hitting the afterburners quick enough once their man gets hung up on the screen in order to create more separation between them and the defenders?

Maybe there are other reasons, too. :shrug:

Quote Originally Posted by Caffeinedisastr View Post
    could not agree more.

could not agree more.

The Pels seem to be throwing outlet passes after defensive rebounds with the intent to run tonight.

e: That's an awkwardly phrased sentence but still too drowsy to correct it properly

NY's ball movement looks much better than expect, don't watch much NY is it norm or our D suck?

They're hanging with us without melo trying.

Could someone please tell me the advantage to winning the opening tip btw? Is it really better to get the ball 1st and in the 4th than in the 2nd and 3rd? I don't get it.

Who has a more 90s haircut? Babbitt or Schumpert?

quincy acy has a shot??? wtf?

Schumpert

people be rocking the babbitt haircut everywhere, i gotta go with shump.

A Soulful Sports Fan Contributor Eman5805's Avatar
    Keep your head up, AD. Don't let your frustration on one end affect the other...

Quote Originally Posted by BlueJay View Post
    NY's ball movement looks much better than expect, don't watch much NY is it norm or our D suck?

They're hanging with us without melo trying.
    When we don't have AD and Asik out there, the defense ranges from average to almost worst in the league.

When they are both in, it is one of the best defenses in the league. So, it really runs the gamut.

c'mon AD, ur better than that.......

Waiting for Shumpert to slant that thang and go with the Gumby.

Quote Originally Posted by HornetGuru View Post
    Could someone please tell me the advantage to winning the opening tip btw? Is it really better to get the ball 1st and in the 4th than in the 2nd and 3rd? I don't get it.
    No statistical advantage maybe just a mental advantage of getting the ball first and scoring to up the tempo. I honestly hate jump balls, so pointless. Just flip a coin and alternate possessions.

Indeed..

Brow has to calm down and let the game come to him.

No statistical advantage maybe just a mental advantage of getting the ball first and scoring to up the tempo. I honestly hate jump balls, so pointless. Just flip a coin and alternate possessions.

But....but....

I like to see them jump high.

thats what i was thinking, just flip a coin, i can just see AD dislocating a freaking shoulder or something on one of those jump balls.

I guess the Jump ball is a cool way to start the game off but it really means nothing. You saw that ref get knocked out off the jump ball the other night? Clocked cold in the back of the head... Jump balls are really pointless.

ryno with the step back airballllll, sweet.

I guess the Jump ball is a cool way to start the game off but it really means nothing. You saw that ref get knocked out off the jump ball the other night? Clocked cold in the back of the head... Jump balls are really pointless.
    lmao no but thats funny as hell.

ok ryno, way to make up for it.

Ryno with the perimeter D??????

Thread Information