Pelicans Report

Page 13 of 14 FirstFirst ... 3 9 10 11 12 13 14 LastLast

Thread: Game Day Thread: Pels vs Knicks

Quote Originally Posted by Asteptooslow View Post
    Shows how little you know friend. We are playing Dallas tomorrow.
    So Dallas is playing MEM at the moment.....I see that as even when it comes to rest.

Quote Originally Posted by AUSSIE_PELICAN View Post
    I'm not a hater, but until Tyreke can prove that he can get to the paint and connect against shot blocking C's I will still ? his decision making towards the basket.

NOTE: I haven't watched the game yet so I am just going off the box score, so I am sure he did other things really well.

Can't complain I am glad we are 10-10
    i hear ya but tonight he was pretty darn perfect, scoring, shooting, passing, rebounding, defending.

U-L-M...Geaux Hawks Geaux djpaul89's Avatar
    I have a Monty criticism!

We REALLY need to incorporate that Tyreke post up into our sets more, especially with him playing the 2 now. It can be an Iso or a Davis pick and roll. That set has been cash in a small sample.

eek, ryno has been a little off these last 2 games.

Quote Originally Posted by Caffeinedisastr View Post
    Who has a more 90s haircut? Babbitt or Schumpert?
    Was Shumpert that guy in De la Soul?
    Season ticket holder since 2002
    Mostly just trying to satisfy my OCD tendencies by getting to 3,000 posts

Banned
    Tyreke was awesome. He is scaring when he gets rolling.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by djpaul89 View Post
    I have a Monty criticism!

We REALLY need to incorporate that Tyreke post up into our sets more, especially with him playing the 2 now. It can be an Iso or a Davis pick and roll. That set has been cash in a small sample.
    I still think we could post up our guards more...Especially when Asik isn't in.

lets hope the heat beat the suns and the lakers beat the kings tonight. Suns are 1 game ahead, kings .5 games.

U-L-M...Geaux Hawks Geaux djpaul89's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Asteptooslow View Post
    I still think we could post up our guards more...Especially when Asik isn't in.
    Agreed. Jrue and Tyreke have size advantages more often than not.

Looks like the Pelicans stole the fisher-man's fish.

Quote Originally Posted by HornetGuru View Post
    i hear ya but tonight he was pretty darn perfect, scoring, shooting, passing, rebounding, defending.
    Cool I look forward to watching tonight.
    I just want people to take notice that he doesn't have these games against shot blockers and needs to realise not too force shots and pass instead.

That's my only criticism of him.

Banned
    Plus, AD can hit his jumper of a pass or crash the boards on a double.

Yeah now that I am reminded of this I feel like it is such an obvious area we should be working on. Jrue should basically have a size advantage against 90% of PG's in the league and Evans honestly showed something I would like to see more of.

jrue actually has a nice fadeaway out of the post.

Banned
    Plus, AD can hit his jumper of a pass or crash the boards on a double.

Also, Looking for Mekel to turn his shooting around vs. his old team tomorrow. Sometimes, that little inspiration helps.

lets hope the heat beat the suns and the lakers beat the kings tonight. Suns are 1 game ahead, kings .5 games.
    Spurs and the Suns lost tonight

Saint Pelican of Mile High Contributor DefensiveMind's Avatar
    Very Proud of Reke tonight. He made a really smart backdoor cut that I loved. Also, a sweet pocket pass to AD. A couple of bone head plays, but he made up for it by finishing. Only forced the action a couple of times that weren't blatant omg moments. Hopefully, it carries over against a very efficient and smart team in the Mavs.

Just got around to watching the game. I have to say this is the most impressive win of the season. This was by far the most complete TEAM win. Nice to watch tonight. Let's see if we can build on it.

Reke always has a lot more bonehead plays on the road than at home.

Quote Originally Posted by AUSSIE_PELICAN View Post
    Spurs and the Suns lost tonight
    thats awesome, lets hope the kings lose too, they are up by 8 in the 4th vs lakers.

I was worried we would loose to knicks, glad the guys were able to pull off a win
    Please visit http://playbal.blogspot.com/ to read my articles

thats awesome, lets hope the kings lose too, they are up by 8 in the 4th vs lakers.
    I can't believe I am saying this.....but the Lakers won....yay!!!

Not to be a Debbie downer but I thought we played pretty poorly tonight. It was a close game at home against a terrible team. Our defense looked horrific. If that was a compitant team we would have been blown out at home. Glad we got the win in the end though and hopefully it was another game to learn lessons and improve before this tough stretch.
    Quote Originally Posted by zakzak View Post
    that dumb Gentry killing Asik morale seriously man he is been good when you compare last season then suddenly he sits whole damn first half barely gets minutes what an idiot we need muscle wee need rebound he took of asik jones,ajinca they got no place on this team play Diallo at least he is decent.
    .......if healthy

@Jabberwalker

Quote Originally Posted by Jabberwalker View Post
    Not to be a Debbie downer but I thought we played pretty poorly tonight. It was a close game at home against a terrible team. Our defense looked horrific. If that was a compitant team we would have been blown out at home. Glad we got the win in the end though and hopefully it was another game to learn lessons and improve before this tough stretch.
    To put a more optimistic spin on it, we beat the Knicks handily despite some early turnovers and off nights from two of our top 3 scorers. Other guys picked up their scoring slack, and we played solid defense including limiting an All-Star to well below his average.

I wish I could find a clip of AD's post-game interview with Jen Hale. She asked him about getting himself going in the game after the slow start, and he basically said that Reke and Jrue were already doing work, so he urged them to keep doing what they were doing.

The kid is unselfish to a fault, but that's the kind of superstar we need. SOmeone that understands that its not always about him. If anybody has that clip please share because I can't find it anywhere.

Thread Information