Pelicans Report

Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 4 10 11 12 13 14

Thread: Game Day Thread: Pels vs Knicks

The Voice of Reason Contributor RaisingTheBar's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Jabberwalker View Post
    Not to be a Debbie downer but I thought we played pretty poorly tonight. It was a close game at home against a terrible team. Our defense looked horrific. If that was a compitant team we would have been blown out at home. Glad we got the win in the end though and hopefully it was another game to learn lessons and improve before this tough stretch.
    Knicks have played a lot of teams tough and have been close in those games. They just find ways to lose it in the end. Recent Loses by points: Us-11, Portland-4, Charlotte-2, Cleveland-3, Brooklyn-5.

Also we won every quarter. That is something I look for in games that is usually pretty telling. I'll take winning every quarter of a game even if it's by 2 points.
    Last edited by RaisingTheBar; 12-10-2014 at 08:00 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Jabberwalker View Post
    Not to be a Debbie downer but I thought we played pretty poorly tonight. It was a close game at home against a terrible team. Our defense looked horrific. If that was a compitant team we would have been blown out at home. Glad we got the win in the end though and hopefully it was another game to learn lessons and improve before this tough stretch.
    I don't think we're going to go out every night and blow the door off the hinges, but this team did do something to impress me. We beat a team that we should have beat at home despite a poor game. We all have to remember at the end of the day, we are playing another NBA team and 30 point victories are rare. I think this type of win is the next step of out team evolution. There's certain things required of teams that make the playoffs and one of them is beating teams you should beat at home. I think the next step is beating teams that are better than us at our house. I'm happy with the progress of our team.

One piece that is somewhat worrisome to me is how we will play with Gordon coming back eventually. Tonight everyone seemed to know their roles very well. I'm not sure where Gordon fits in.

"I don't know if people know — I dislocated my pinkie finger. And [Tyreke] told me, 'You wanna go home or you wanna be here?' I want to be here. And he said, 'All right, then go tape it up and let's play. Let's go. We not stoppin' at no stores. Straight gas. That's what we do, just keep going.'"

http://thebasketbawlblog.com/

I'm just happy Melo didn't drop 50 on us again like he did last year. Therefor our super small forward Babbingham > Aminu

I was really happy to see us pull away in the 4th while Davis was on the bench. It was good to see the bench guys carrying the load.

Thread Information