Pelicans Report

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Tyreke's Brother has a problem with Monty

Someone needs to tell Tyreke brother that Monty would be a better coach if Tyreke would pass AD the ball more, and make some layups

When did Monty force Tyreke to start missing so many open layups?

As for AD - if he is that close with this punk, then he is already surrounding himself with the wrong people, so he needs to be careful with that.

Quote Originally Posted by nolaslim213 View Post
    When did Monty force Tyreke to start missing so many open layups?

As for AD - if he is that close with this punk, then he is already surrounding himself with the wrong people, so he needs to be careful with that.
    I thought they meant Ad was close to Monty???

"I don't know if people know — I dislocated my pinkie finger. And [Tyreke] told me, 'You wanna go home or you wanna be here?' I want to be here. And he said, 'All right, then go tape it up and let's play. Let's go. We not stoppin' at no stores. Straight gas. That's what we do, just keep going.'"

http://thebasketbawlblog.com/

Quote Originally Posted by BallSoHard View Post
    I thought they meant Ad was close to Monty???
    no they said he's close with rekes brother cause davis has been in multiple videos posted online with him...like in the car rapping or just chillin out.

Maybe he'll demand a trade to a team that can waste their time teaching him how to make layups.

Jimeert Freedet 4 Prez IamQuailman's Avatar
    So Ad's close to Monty's Brother who also coached Tyreke?

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! Bee-Fense's Avatar
    How many coaches will Tyreke need before his brother realizes that the coach isn't the problem?

Quote Originally Posted by Bee-Fense View Post
    How many coaches will Tyreke need before his brother realizes that the coach isn't the problem?
    The problem is the four of them all share one brain.

Looks like he deleted his tweet

1-6

SO wait Reke and AD are good friends with Monty's brother? They rap together? I bet it's non secular music.

Quote Originally Posted by 504ByrdGang View Post
    Looks like he deleted his tweet
    Reke was probably like WTF dude......You tired of eating, delete that s....t.....asap

My guess is coach got on Tyreke for all the 1 on 3 (fast break and half court), right hand, left side of the goal missed layups. Tyreke told big bro about it. Big bro takes to twitter first chance he gets.

Nobody is worse than ADs dad. I heard a couple times last year that ADs dad and monty dislike each other but I did not think into it too much. But……I have the pleasure of having season tickets with my dad the row and seats right in front of Mr. Anthony Davis Senior and the the Davis crew. First off, his dad loves to drink. He drinks all game and at halftime doesn't come back to the seats until about halfway through the 3rd(AKA: killing the capital one club). When he is in his seats he criticizes everything and everybody the whole game every game. One of the main things I've noticed him say multiple times is, "Man idk what the F Monty is doing here. Other than that he criticizes the shots/decisions players take, the rotations monty makes. It is non stop negativity. Now I am not saying Mr. AD is wrong or right on what he says but does that worry anyone on him having a big effect on AD and convincing him to leave because he doesn't like whats going on even though it seems AD is happy here? I like to believe that AD has smarter and more credited people he look up/listen too.

I would have zero complaints abt tyreke if he would just dunk 1/3 of his layup attempts.

Quote Originally Posted by hornets2daship View Post
    Nobody is worse than ADs dad. I heard a couple times last year that ADs dad and monty dislike each other but I did not think into it too much. But……I have the pleasure of having season tickets with my dad the row and seats right in front of Mr. Anthony Davis Senior and the the Davis crew. First off, his dad loves to drink. He drinks all game and at halftime doesn't come back to the seats until about halfway through the 3rd(AKA: killing the capital one club). When he is in his seats he criticizes everything and everybody the whole game every game. One of the main things I've noticed him say multiple times is, "Man idk what the F Monty is doing here. Other than that he criticizes the shots/decisions players take, the rotations monty makes. It is non stop negativity. Now I am not saying Mr. AD is wrong or right on what he says but does that worry anyone on him having a big effect on AD and convincing him to leave because he doesn't like whats going on even though it seems AD is happy here? I like to believe that AD has smarter and more credited people he look up/listen too.
    Lol....Your observation is spot on. I've observed that as well. I think AD is his own man and he'll be here for a good while....

Banned
    The tweet wasn't after a win, it was after the Clipper blowout and is still on the account (someone should ask him haha). I have heard from people that know some of the players that they are not fond of Monty, including AD. I realize this is contrary to what is reported and seen somewhat, but this is what I've heard for a while now.

So if everyone thinks he's a bad coach fans, national media, and player why has he coached here so long? Oh yea he's the one who got the GM his job so I guess they can get fired together.
    Last edited by 504ByrdGang; 12-09-2014 at 12:15 AM.

It's very simple. Dell will find out if the players actually dislike Monty or not, and along with many other factors, he will make a decision. If we miss the playoffs and guys like Jrue and AD say that they aren't particularly fond of Monty, then I can almost guarantee you we will see a coaching change - much like the GSW did this offseason.

They traded out a young coach who developed their young players for a coach who has a better understanding of Xs and Os, and it is paying MASSIVE dividends. Don't think that Dell hasn't noticed. Monty, like everyone else in this business, has to perform, and if he can't get this team where it needs to be, then I have to problem with Dell cutting him loose.

Quote Originally Posted by nolaslim213 View Post
    It's very simple. Dell will find out if the players actually dislike Monty or not, and along with many other factors, he will make a decision. If we miss the playoffs and guys like Jrue and AD say that they aren't particularly fond of Monty, then I can almost guarantee you we will see a coaching change - much like the GSW did this offseason.

They traded out a young coach who developed their young players for a coach who has a better understanding of Xs and Os, and it is paying MASSIVE dividends. Don't think that Dell hasn't noticed. Monty, like everyone else in this business, has to perform, and if he can't get this team where it needs to be, then I have to problem with Dell cutting him loose.
    Slim, if we miss the playoffs, I don't think Dell will be making any decisions.

Quote Originally Posted by iNolaNightmare View Post
    Slim, if we miss the playoffs, I don't think Dell will be making any decisions.
    Haha, very true. However, I'm just assuming that Monty would go before Dell, if only because we know that we have the TALENT to get us to the playoffs. It is Monty's job to put it all together, not Dell.

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! pelicanchamp's Avatar
    Monty is going to get fired and Demps will hire himself to coach. Remember who did that? Lol

Jimeert Freedet 4 Prez IamQuailman's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by hornets2daship View Post
    da Throne is AD's dad?

I get the feeling Dell and Monty are a package deal.

Either both will have a Pels job or neither will.

I think by allstar break if it doesn't appear that this team is making the playoff get rid of him. Let a guy like George Karl get a early start at building up his system. Why wait for the season to be over with if we're not playing for a pick or playoffs.
    Last edited by 504ByrdGang; 12-09-2014 at 12:19 AM.

Just to be clear, who would have the power to fire Monty? Dell or Cowboy Benson?

Thread Information