Pelicans Report

Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 LastLast

Thread: Possible trade looming?

Here's the reality. Everyone here overvalues Ryno. You're not reaping the returns that are being suggested. Ryno is not a needle mover on a bad team and a role player on a good team. We need to temper our opinions of Pels players more in line with reality. Ryno would play 15-20 min on a contender and be a chukker on a bad team. Realistically, what do you think another team will give the Pels for Ryno?
    The most overused words on Pelicansreport.com. Wrongly, I might add.

ELITE - (often used with a plural verb) the choice or best of anything considered collectively, as of a group or class of persons.

GREAT - notable; remarkable; exceptionally outstanding

These words should not be used lightly

Quote Originally Posted by UptownFuz504 View Post
    Here's the reality. Everyone here overvalues Ryno. You're not reaping the returns that are being suggested. Ryno is not a needle mover on a bad team and a role player on a good team. We need to temper our opinions of Pels players more in line with reality. Ryno would play 15-20 min on a contender and be a chukker on a bad team. Realistically, what do you think another team will give the Pels for Ryno?
    a team in need of a PF that has SF depth, which is why I think gerald or jeff green are possibilities.

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! Bee-Fense's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by HornetGuru View Post
    I think he can definitely be a true SF, he can shoot, put the ball on the floor and drive and finish at the rim, defend the SF and rebound. I remember him going against lebron and played great defense on him in the past in a heat vs celtics series.
    Even if he can play the SF, he's not a very effective player. He's actually a very bad rebounder given his size and takes over five 3 pointers a game at only 26%. His TS% isn't anything special and he doesn't create for others. He's not a bad player but he's nothing special either. I think his playoff performances have overrated him a bit. He's a guy that will put up nice basic box score numbers but isn't a guy that really helps your team win on a consistent basis.

This post couldn't be more wrong. Anderson would first of all get more than 15-20 minutes on a contender. Robin Lopez gets almost 30 for Portland and we all know who the better player is between the two.

Also, he's the farthest thing from a chucker. He's being asked to shoot a lot right now to make up for how bad our bench is, but for his career Anderson has been known as a hyperefficient scorer and a great complimentary piece that advanced metrics love.

While I agree that some people expect too much in return for Anderson (I have posted here saying as much before) and that they should temper our opinions of our own players, I believe quite often we go overboard with that and begin underrating our own players. Example: Robin Lopez, Trevor Ariza, Greivis Vasquez, Marco Belinelli.

Quote Originally Posted by Bee-Fense View Post
    Even if he can play the SF, he's not a very effective player. He's actually a very bad rebounder given his size and takes over five 3 pointers a game at only 26%. His TS% isn't anything special and he doesn't create for others. He's not a bad player but he's nothing special either. I think his playoff performances have overrated him a bit. He's a guy that will put up nice basic box score numbers but isn't a guy that really helps your team win on a consistent basis.

This post couldn't be more wrong. Anderson would first of all get more than 15-20 minutes on a contender. Robin Lopez gets almost 30 for Portland and we all know who the better player is between the two.

Also, he's the farthest thing from a chucker. He's being asked to shoot a lot right now to make up for how bad our bench is, but for his career Anderson has been known as a hyperefficient scorer and a great complimentary piece that advanced metrics love.

While I agree that some people expect too much in return for Anderson (I have posted here saying as much before) and that they should temper our opinions of our own players, I believe quite often we go overboard with that and begin underrating our own players. Example: Robin Lopez, Trevor Ariza, Greivis Vasquez, Marco Belinelli.
    Good points, who would u rather out of gerald and jeff green?

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! Bee-Fense's Avatar
    Good points, who would u rather out of gerald and jeff green?
    Gerald, but his contract is expiring and he's 29 this year. As someone as athletic as him, I'd be worried about signing him to a long term deal. His shooting makes me less worried but I can't ignore that. Offensively he'd be a tremendous fit with this team though. We could have a top 3 offense with him in this starting line up imo. The defense would be suspect though. I'd be happy to have him here for sure though. Wouldn't give up Anderson for him in a trade cause of the contract but I'd be interested in pursuing him this off-season if possible. Draymond Green is still my favorite Green and SF fit for us, but Gerald is probably 2nd.

I just hope Rivers is involved

Quote Originally Posted by Bee-Fense View Post
    Even if he can play the SF, he's not a very effective player. He's actually a very bad rebounder given his size and takes over five 3 pointers a game at only 26%. His TS% isn't anything special and he doesn't create for others. He's not a bad player but he's nothing special either. I think his playoff performances have overrated him a bit. He's a guy that will put up nice basic box score numbers but isn't a guy that really helps your team win on a consistent basis

This post proved my point.

Pass-First Point Center Caffeinedisastr's Avatar
    Lol @ BySmack!

Whatever you do, bring in one of these guys.

Harrison Barnes
    MKG
    Wilson Chandler
    Gerald Green
    Draymond Green

If one of Ryno or Tyreke is leaving, Dell BETTER fill the gap in our starting lineup.

.......hopefully it's Gordon though. Send him somewhere crappy where you KNOW he'll opt out.

The Voice of Reason Contributor RaisingTheBar's Avatar
    This post proved my point.
    Que?

A backup PG would be great if he's a pass-first guy.

With Ryno & Babbitt on the 2nd string, it would allow them to flourish.

Anyone else think if we sign Cunningham, he starts at the 3 day one?

Well it depends, a lot of people on here might over value him, i'm not a GM so I don't know his true value, but I think ryno for gerald green straight up is a fair trade. Green is a little older, but gives us what we need at the 3. Ryno for Jeff Green straight up would also be fair IMO, actually I think Jeff Green is a little better than ryno and he is also younger than gerald green. But the celtics wouldn't have a SF then.
    Here's the problem I see with this thinking. You are selling low on Ryno simply to fill a need on our team. Remember before the draft Phoenix was offering Green AND a 1st round pick for Ryno. We turned them down. Now suddenly Green straight up is fair?

Don't get caught wanting so desperately to fill a hole that you give away a player for nothing. Gerald Green for Ryno straight up makes zero sense because Green is a FA this summer. So we are giving Ryno up to possibly lose Green this summer and are getting nothing extra for giving him away.

Ryno has more value now than in the summer because he has shown he is healthy and can play again.

A lot of the trade ideas tossed out simply don't make sense in context.

Quote Originally Posted by Mythrol View Post
    Here's the problem I see with this thinking. You are selling low on Ryno simply to fill a need on our team. Remember before the draft Phoenix was offering Green AND a 1st round pick for Ryno. We turned them down. Now suddenly Green straight up is fair?

Don't get caught wanting so desperately to fill a hole that you give away a player for nothing. Gerald Green for Ryno straight up makes zero sense because Green is a FA this summer. So we are giving Ryno up to possibly lose Green this summer and are getting nothing extra for giving him away.

Ryno has more value now than in the summer because he has shown he is healthy and can play again.

A lot of the trade ideas tossed out simply don't make sense in context.
    I like ur logic, but im curious, how do u know it was for green and a first? I didnt know that, I thought it was straight up from the get go
    Last edited by HornetGuru; 12-02-2014 at 12:55 PM.

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! pelicanchamp's Avatar
    PELICANS:
    sign Cunningham.
    Trade:
    Anderson, Gordon, to GSW
    For Barnes, Speights, Iggy

If the Celtics would give us Jeff Green you have to do it.

Give me Jeff Green and a decent backup pg and I think we can win more games. Cunningham is a good backup SF. He'll help with spacing. Add a good backup pg and our shooters will play much better.

The main problem with the pelicans right now is the backcourt . Holiday and tyreke are okay , but the rest is below NBA average . I believe we'll have 41-45 wins this year , but we all know that it isn't enough in Western Conference . This team really needs a good sg or sf . Otherwise we'll be playing with only 5 good players . ( AD , Holiday , Tyreke , Asik and Anderson )

Quote Originally Posted by pelicanchamp View Post
    PELICANS:
    sign Cunningham.
    Trade:
    Anderson, Gordon, to GSW
    For Barnes, Speights, Iggy
    This has been said before but I guess I'll just reiterate: with the way the Warriors are playing, it's highly unlikely they make any trades right now, especially a lateral move.

I think if we can figure out a way to swing Ryno and someone else to the Celts for Avery Bradley and Green that'd be cool. It'd probably have to be either Ryno and Gordon/Tyreke. With Bradley, Jrue, and Green we'd have the best perimeter defense in the NBA. A trade involving Bradley couldn't be done until the 15th, though.

Quote Originally Posted by moon54 View Post
    The main problem with the pelicans right now is the backcourt . Holiday and tyreke are okay , but the rest is below NBA average . I believe we'll have 41-45 wins this year , but we all know that it isn't enough in Western Conference . This team really needs a good sg or sf . Otherwise we'll be playing with only 5 good players . ( AD , Holiday , Tyreke , Asik and Anderson )
    Welllllll I would say jrue and tyreke are better than ok... Someone like chase budinger is "ok"

Go watch jrue drop 20-7-4 while locking down john wall, or go watch tyreke drop 40 points on kevin durant.

Quote Originally Posted by iNolaNightmare View Post
    This has been said before but I guess I'll just reiterate: with the way the Warriors are playing, it's highly unlikely they make any trades right now, especially a lateral move.

I think if we can figure out a way to swing Ryno and someone else to the Celts for Avery Bradley and Green that'd be cool. It'd probably have to be either Ryno and Gordon/Tyreke. With Bradley, Jrue, and Green we'd have the best perimeter defense in the NBA. A trade involving Bradley couldn't be done until the 15th, though.
    thats crazy i was just thinking of a deal that involved bradley, mainly because ryno has a slightly higher trade value because he is younger than green, the salaries wouldn't work with gordon or tyreke tho, too much money going out.

thats crazy i was just thinking of a deal that involved bradley, mainly because ryno has a slightly higher trade value because he is younger than green, the salaries wouldn't work with gordon or tyreke tho, too much money going out.
    Maybe Rivers? I don't know because trade machine won't let me check because he can't traded until the 15th, but he is a Monty player and great fit for this team.

jrue and bradley defense be like "thou shall not pass!"

A lowkey trade I wouldn't be surprised to see us go after by the 15th would be Ajinca for Troy Daniels of the Rockets. We were supposedly interested in Daniels during the offseason but he resigned with the Rockets on a cheap deal (under 1 mil annually). He has gotten no run with them but would help our bench. He can shoot the lights out of the building and can actually move unlike Miller, Babbit, and Jimmer. The Rockets could use a fourth big and Ajinca could be good for them.

The Voice of Reason Contributor RaisingTheBar's Avatar
    If we move Ajinca without gaining a big we are then 1 injury away from being ******. Would have to resign Young or take on big back in the deal.

Quote Originally Posted by RaisingTheBar View Post
    If we move Ajinca without gaining a big we are then 1 injury away from being ******. Would have to resign Young or take on big back in the deal.
    is there really much of a difference between ajinca and withey?

Thread Information