Pelicans Report

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: Pels waive Darius Miller & Patric Young

We should try and get Kev Martin though when he gets healthy. We need an off-ball shooter and the T-Wolves have no need for him

Kmart is shooting 48% from 3 and is taking 6 attempts per game which is pretty remarkable.

Quote Originally Posted by Silverfoxx View Post
    Totally ruined my day. I'm beyond pissed off that Patric Young couldn't even get a chance. There is no doubt in my mind this guy energy and passion for the game will make us regret this choice. Unbelievable. Sick. I'll stop now before I'll say something that will get me in trouble.
    I agree with u on Patric

im upset about young too, he was a beast on 2k

Quote Originally Posted by HornetGuru View Post
    i wonder if we would do a ryno and rivers for kevin martin and shabazz trade.

jrue
    kmart
    tyreke
    ad
    asik
    Ryno better be worth more than that.

Quote Originally Posted by Mythrol View Post
    Ryno better be worth more than that.
    He is, no question, I was just throwing things out there.

Jimeert Freedet 4 Prez IamQuailman's Avatar
    i wonder if we would do a ryno and rivers for kevin martin and shabazz trade.

jrue
    kmart
    tyreke
    ad
    asik
    What the eff.....

Now I know the Warriors were very interested in Ryno this offseason, and they look like serious contenders this year, what else would we have to give up with Ryno to get Barnes and Speights?

Now I know the Warriors were very interested in Ryno this offseason, and they look like serious contenders this year, what else would we have to give up with Ryno to get Barnes and Speights?
    That's fair value, Barnes is average and Speights is a good back up. The warriors already have 4 sfs on their roster and need depth at the pf. With Ryan they have the 3 top 3pt shooter is the leauge with the best spacing. I actually think we could get more because the value Ryan brings to that team.

1-6

So they've played great. Makes sense that they'd be looking to jumble up their roster.
    Quote Originally Posted by zakzak View Post
    that dumb Gentry killing Asik morale seriously man he is been good when you compare last season then suddenly he sits whole damn first half barely gets minutes what an idiot we need muscle wee need rebound he took of asik jones,ajinca they got no place on this team play Diallo at least he is decent.
    .......if healthy

@Jabberwalker

He is, no question, I was just throwing things out there.
    So you don't think it's a good trade but you proposed it anyway? Not to be a jerk but what's the point of posting then? Are we so knee jerk reactionary impulsive that we just post stream of consciousness now?

we have send out 2 players from the end of bench. we cannot have less then 15 so that it was not possible to send Patric to DLeague.
    Monty and Dell didnt have time to develop anybody. so 2 new platersbefore Okc home...

Quote Originally Posted by 504ByrdGang View Post
    That's fair value, Barnes is average and Speights is a good back up. The warriors already have 4 sfs on their roster and need depth at the pf. With Ryan they have the 3 top 3pt shooter is the leauge with the best spacing. I actually think we could get more because the value Ryan brings to that team.
    Ya I think it would be a good trade for both teams, just as u said they have enough SF's, 3 of them are starting caliber, plus with ryno it almost wouldn't be pair, curry could do whatever he wanted with ryno dragging their big to the 3 point line.

Also while Barnes is having a very very good season, and being very efficient, it looks like he will be a 3 and D and rebounder in the league, a very athletic 1 at that, that also runs the floor and is good in transition due to his great athleticism.

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! Bee-Fense's Avatar
    Because of his age and contract, I think Barnes has more value than Anderson. Anderson is going to be needing to get paid soon and is also coming off of a major surgery. Warriors aren't shaking up what they've got right now unless it's a clear upgrade and that trade is not. Forget it imo.

Quote Originally Posted by Bee-Fense View Post
    Because of his age and contract, I think Barnes has more value than Anderson. Anderson is going to be needing to get paid soon and is also coming off of a major surgery. Warriors aren't shaking up what they've got right now unless it's a clear upgrade and that trade is not. Forget it imo.
    I don't think this could be any further from the truth.

"I'm not going to allow my putative owner to answer that question, this is an NBA related press conference. Paul Tagliabue and Roger Goodell have collectively sung their praises of Tom and if uh ESPN has a problem with that tell Mr. Skipper to call me at my office."

Hopefully rivers goes

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! Bee-Fense's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by PelsFan2313 View Post
    I don't think this could be any further from the truth.
    Care to explain why? I'm speaking about trade value and also what the Warriors would value more. Not who the more valuable player on the court is at this very moment. Contract, age, chemistry and injury history have got to be taken into consideration.

Quote Originally Posted by Bee-Fense View Post
    Care to explain why? I'm speaking about trade value and also what the Warriors would value more. Not who the more valuable player on the court is at this very moment. Contract, age, chemistry and injury history have got to be taken into consideration.
    The warriors will value Anderson more if they think he is the key to winning a championship this season. Barnes has better value long term, but might not give them that missing piece now.

Lest we not forget. We tend to overvalue our own players. We see Ryno as super awesome but the rest of the world sees him as a shooter that's a liability on defense and pretty 1 dimensional. We can't be unreasonable with what we expect to get back in return for Ryno
    The most overused words on Pelicansreport.com. Wrongly, I might add.

ELITE - (often used with a plural verb) the choice or best of anything considered collectively, as of a group or class of persons.

GREAT - notable; remarkable; exceptionally outstanding

These words should not be used lightly

Quote Originally Posted by UptownFuz504 View Post
    Lest we not forget. We tend to overvalue our own players. We see Ryno as super awesome but the rest of the world sees him as a shooter that's a liability on defense and pretty 1 dimensional. We can't be unreasonable with what we expect to get back in return for Ryno
    I think most people have come to terms with trading Ryno now.

Quote Originally Posted by UptownFuz504 View Post
    Weird. If you look at this board I think the large majority undervalued what Ryno gives you because he is coming off the bench with next to no help with him.

The Voice of Reason Contributor RaisingTheBar's Avatar
    A move has to be coming, but I don't get with getting rid of Young. He hasn't played, but I thought he had potential.

Quote Originally Posted by RaisingTheBar View Post
    A move has to be coming, but I don't get with getting rid of Young. He hasn't played, but I thought he had potential.
    I think if Withey had played bad in these last few games he would have been gone.

Problem was Withey came in and looked decent so that basically sealed Young's fate.

I agree I really liked Young and thought he was so different from our other bigs that it would have been nice to keep him but I understand why it had to be done.

We are stacked on bigs and an undersized C who is limited offensively is not high on our priority list right now.

I do hope he sticks somewhere, hopefully we bring him back at some point, but I'm interested to see what our move is.

Still don't understand the irrational love for Young. He went undrafted... not saying that undrafted players don't make a name for themselves, but that means every GM in the NBA passed over him (in some cases more than twice if they had multiple picks).

I wish the kid luck because he seems like a nice dude but man...

A Soulful Sports Fan Contributor Eman5805's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by DroopyDawg View Post
    Still don't understand the irrational love for Young. He went undrafted... not saying that undrafted players don't make a name for themselves, but that means every GM in the NBA passed over him (in some cases more than twice if they had multiple picks).

I wish the kid luck because he seems like a nice dude but man...
    Don't understand? What's there to get? Everyone loves an underdog. Either everyone was right to pass on him or they screwed up and he becomes the beast of the bench. But we cut 'em.

C'est la vie.

Thread Information