Pelicans Report

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: Pels waive Darius Miller & Patric Young

Does he still have pending felony charges?
    Season ticket holder since 2002
    Mostly just trying to satisfy my OCD tendencies by getting to 3,000 posts

Quote Originally Posted by MMEmbreno View Post
    rivers is next
    Lol.....what could we get in return...swamp land in Phoenix and some lemon pepper wings ?

Quote Originally Posted by DRDJ1 View Post
    No it was found out she lied

1-6

Quote Originally Posted by DRDJ1 View Post
    Nope....she made a false claim.....charges dropped completely......

He and AD where about to fight the last time Pels played in Minny....I hope AD has a forgiving heart....lol

Dante Cunningham....another SF who can't hit the 3???

Quote Originally Posted by SaintPelican225 View Post
    He and AD where about to fight the last time Pels played in Minny....I hope AD has a forgiving heart....lol
    We need a gritty player for once. Him and salmons will be nice. Now just need a legit back up pg, and back up center and a starting wing, not a lemon pepper wing.

Quote Originally Posted by MMEmbreno View Post
    We need a gritty player for once. Him and salmons will be nice. Now just need a legit back up pg, and back up center and a starting wing, not a lemon pepper wing.
    Not gonna lie, lemon pepper wings sounds delicious.
    Quote Originally Posted by Eman5805 View Post
    Impossible. The octopus that lives in my brain hasn't squibbered anything about it to me.

Also, that's how octopi talk. They squibber. Yes, it's a word. Shut up.

Cunningham would be nice. Career 20 MPG bench guy. Decent mid range game and willing defender. Can't shoot the 3 and is a tweener. The reason he's available is the (false) domestic violence accusations and the bad PR, not because he can't play.

We lack depth and Dell is trying to find capable players for the second unit. Good.

I mean is he an upgrade over what we just cut? Yeah. Does he fill a need? Yes and No. He can play some three but he can't really start if an injury occurs.
    Last edited by N.O.Bronco; 11-30-2014 at 06:40 PM.

Banned
    Didn't think they would have gotten waived. Thought a couple of others maybe. I don't like getting rid of length and hustle. It isn't a big deal but they are always good to have in practice.

Quote Originally Posted by N.O.Bronco View Post
    I mean is he an upgrade over what we just cut? Yeah. Does he fill a need? No.

Hope there is more to this story.
    Any legitimate rotation player fills a need. Our biggest need is pure depth.

Quote Originally Posted by greewe View Post
    Any legitimate rotation player fills a need. Our biggest need is pure depth.
    But how does he actually fit in the rotation of things? I mean we need depth but we need depth that works with what we have.

Banned
    Dante Cunningham is no different than anyone else we have.

Quote Originally Posted by Asteptooslow View Post
    I mean he is a proven role player that is pretty decent. My issue though is fit.

I mean if he comes off the bench how does it work? Ryno plays the 3? Cunningham at the 3? He can't really ever play with the starters because he would kill floor spacing. But I guess since Rivers isnt really getting our shooters off the bench quality looks to keep the floor spaced then we mine as well bring in a guy that can maybe slow the bleeding during critical periods we struggle like between the end of the third quarter and the beginning of the fourth quarter.

I wrote this about you Mr. West's Avatar
    Cunningham may become the best wing defender on this team not named "Holiday" and honestly he's just slightly above average.
    @DanielVeuleman

Quote Originally Posted by N.O.Bronco View Post
    I mean he is a proven role player that is pretty decent. My issue though is fit.

I mean if he comes off the bench how does it work? Ryno plays the 3? Cunningham at the 3? He can't really ever play with the starters because he would kill floor spacing. But I guess since Rivers isnt really getting our shooters off the bench quality looks to keep the floor spaced then we mine as well bring in a guy that can maybe slow the bleeding during critical periods we struggle like between the end of the third quarter and the beginning of the fourth quarter.
    He fits well with Ryno. He doesn't necessarily kill spacing--he hits the mid range jumper pretty reliably. He is 41% on his career between 16' and 3. For reference, AD this year is 42% from that range. And over his career, he has taken over half of his shots from that range. He's definitely a "stretch" player who is capable of defending the wing against lesser players. I don't know if that makes him a 3 or a 4, but he can fit with Ryno and Withey on the second unit IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by Asteptooslow View Post
    Cunningham has career stats as a role player....Miller has had plenty of opportunities to carve out his niche with this team...couldn't do it.....time to move on.....

Oh nos, we cut two players who will struggle to make a roster for the rest of their careers.

"I don't know if people know — I dislocated my pinkie finger. And [Tyreke] told me, 'You wanna go home or you wanna be here?' I want to be here. And he said, 'All right, then go tape it up and let's play. Let's go. We not stoppin' at no stores. Straight gas. That's what we do, just keep going.'"

http://thebasketbawlblog.com/

He fits well with Ryno. He doesn't necessarily kill spacing--he hits the mid range jumper pretty reliably. He is 41% on his career between 16' and 3. For reference, AD this year is 42% from that range. And over his career, he has taken over half of his shots from that range. He's definitely a "stretch" player who is capable of defending the wing against lesser players. I don't know if that makes him a 3 or a 4, but he can fit with Ryno and Withey on the second unit IMO.
    I agree....hopefully this will relieve Ryno from chucking so many shots.....If only we could find a backup PG

Ok this makes me start to see the full picture.

Quote Originally Posted by BallSoHard View Post
    Oh nos, we cut two players who will struggle to make a roster for the rest of their careers.
    To be fair, I haven't seen anyone complain about cutting Miller hahaha.

"I'm not going to allow my putative owner to answer that question, this is an NBA related press conference. Paul Tagliabue and Roger Goodell have collectively sung their praises of Tom and if uh ESPN has a problem with that tell Mr. Skipper to call me at my office."

Quote Originally Posted by PelsFan2313 View Post
    To be fair, I haven't seen anyone complain about cutting Miller hahaha.
    ; but that's AD's boy.

Quote Originally Posted by BallSoHard View Post
    ; but that's AD's boy.
    Thank god that project has been scrapped. Too many zeros on the scoring sheet to be a everyday rotation player.

A Soulful Sports Fan Contributor Eman5805's Avatar

This game is why that name seemed so familiar...

Thread Information