Pelicans Report

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: Pels waive Darius Miller & Patric Young

Pelicans Pels waive Darius Miller & Patric Young

"The pelican is fearsome. Take a raven, for example: it's omnivorous. It eats bugs, and seeds, and fruit, and carrion. Compared to the well-rounded citizen that is the raven, the pelican is the serial killer of birds." - Barry Petchesky, Deadspin

I dont really get it! Has anyone an explanation? Why would you just waive them?

Totally ruined my day. I'm beyond pissed off that Patric Young couldn't even get a chance. There is no doubt in my mind this guy energy and passion for the game will make us regret this choice. Unbelievable. Sick. I'll stop now before I'll say something that will get me in trouble.
    CAW CAW!!!

-Founder and valuable member of the Caw Caw Boyz-

I doubt we'd just waive them, very thin at the wing position & cutting Miller doesn't help. I'd expect an acquisition in near future.

Quote Originally Posted by Silverfoxx View Post
    Totally ruined my day. I'm beyond pissed off that Patric Young couldn't even get a chance. There is no doubt in my mind this guy energy and passion for the game will make us regret this choice. Unbelievable. Sick. I'll stop now before I'll say something that will get me in trouble.
    No need to stop this organization is terrible. I feel the same way about young.

The guy went undrafted for a reason.

Quote Originally Posted by joetzeng View Post
    I doubt we'd just waive them, very thin at the wing position & cutting Miller doesn't help. I'd expect an acquisition in near future.
    yeah this all screams another move (signing, trade, whatever) is coming in the very near future

Trade coming?

could we send Young... or both of them... down to the D League?

Quote Originally Posted by rt0307 View Post
    could we send Young... or both of them... down to the D League?
    No, they're no longer part of the team.

Formerly "Rocket Man" groundpatty's Avatar
    Deep breaths, everybody. We know that Demps is rarely a one-move guy. This is likely setting up for a future move. Let's see what happens.

Well this means Dell is working on something. You don't just cut two players for no reason.

...Cue the speculation.

SO let me get this straight, they decide to keep soft *** Withey who cant even palm a ball to save his life and is beyond soft and one of the dumbest bigs in the league who cant stay out of foul trouble and is a pencil stick? Young presence ALONE would have at least made defenders think twice about going hard in the lane. The kid passion and intensity would have been a GREAT spark that this sorry *** team greatly lacks. There is no more beasts or tough guys on this team. No Carl Landrys, No Vasquez, David West,No Birdman etc. just soft guys. Im sick of this quiet guy approach this team has and we will NEVER be respected by Refs, opponents, and make the playoffs because we have a lack of edge, passion, and energy with this team outside of AD. AD will eventually grow tired of playing with players who dont give a damn about except pay checks and individual stats. Young deserved a chance, now watch him go to a contender and become a valuable role player with a imposing edge of the bench. We seen this with the Pels/Hornets of the past.

SO yeah our bench is now composed of Salmons, Babbit, Withey, Ajninca, etc. FOH, just release Russ Smith now by the way.....

2 out of 3 of the Pelicans non-guaranteed contracts. The other is Luke Babbitt if I'm not mistaken.
    Season ticket holder since 2002
    Mostly just trying to satisfy my OCD tendencies by getting to 3,000 posts

SO let me get this straight, they decide to keep soft *** Withey who cant even palm a ball to save his life and is beyond soft and one of the dumbest bigs in the league who cant stay out of foul trouble and is a pencil stick? Young presence ALONE would have at least made defenders think twice about going hard in the lane. The kid passion and intensity would have been a GREAT spark that this sorry *** team greatly lacks. There is no more beasts or tough guys on this team. No Carl Landrys, No Vasquez, David West,No Birdman etc. just soft guys. Im sick of this quiet guy approach this team has and we will NEVER be respected by Refs, opponents, and make the playoffs because we have a lack of edge, passion, and energy with this team outside of AD. AD will eventually grow tired of playing with players who dont give a damn about except pay checks and individual stats. Young deserved a chance, now watch him go to a contender and become a valuable role player with a imposing edge of the bench. We seen this with the Pels/Hornets of the past.

SO yeah our bench is now composed of Salmons, Babbit, Withey, Ajninca, etc. FOH, just release Russ Smith now by the way.....
    Not that it matters but I think Russ Smith's minimum salary is guaranteed this year.

SO let me get this straight, they decide to keep soft *** Withey who cant even palm a ball to save his life and is beyond soft and one of the dumbest bigs in the league who cant stay out of foul trouble and is a pencil stick?
    Withey may have more money guaranteed on his contract and be harder to cut than Young. Also, Withey has played well the last several games. Granted it was against bad front lines, but he looked much better than he did in summer league and preseason.

That soft *** guy is actually playing fairly well for the Pels this year. Try watch some games.

So what FA are available that we could be looking to bring in? I have to imagine this is to clear space for a signing or two. Maybe a shotgun approach? Bring in 2 SF and see if either sticks.

Were having meltdowns about end of bench guys instead of talking about either what were getting as a result or the guys who play meaningful minutes.
    Quote Originally Posted by zakzak View Post
    that dumb Gentry killing Asik morale seriously man he is been good when you compare last season then suddenly he sits whole damn first half barely gets minutes what an idiot we need muscle wee need rebound he took of asik jones,ajinca they got no place on this team play Diallo at least he is decent.
    .......if healthy

@Jabberwalker

Withey is our 4th best big and it's not close.

Band of Skulls & Neon Trees ramsters60's Avatar
    Might be nice to hear from MM and get his perspective on this....
    "we might make dollars, but we don't necessarily make sense"

"always be sincere....whether you mean it or not"

Calm down buddy. You don't just cut 2 players for no reason - 1 at a position of need. This isn't Shinn trying to pinch every penny. I may be questioning Dell in threads right now but this is pretty much common sense that this is a signal for something that is coming. Lets wait and see what transpires over the next couple days and judge the game Dell is playing as a whole, not just jump to conclusions based on his move in the first quarter.
    Last edited by N.O.Bronco; 11-30-2014 at 04:51 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ramsters60 View Post
    Might be nice to hear from MM and get his perspective on this....
    He probably is sick and tired of a number of people around here that disagree with him devolving threads into personally attacking him.

I would be.

I can't see these moves not being for a trade. It has to be for a trade.

Why do we have to overreact to every single move Demps makes? It's not like we waived Ryno. 2 end of the bench players that showed nothing worth fight for. If it means one or 2 better players coming to NOLA, I'm totally down with it.

Demps taught us we need to wait before reacting to any of his moves, he's always a couple of moves ahead of everybody. Wait and enjoy whatever we're doing, stop criticizing an unfinished move!

Thread Information