Pelicans Report

Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast

Thread: Game Day Thread! Pelicans vs. Hawks 11/28/14

Quote Originally Posted by Caffeinedisastr View Post
    You never see people holding Pelicans on their hands. Because they're an awesome alpha bird.
    Exactly a hawk is a scavenger, a pelican hunts and eats it prey whole. Like a boss
    Dell Demps PLEASE get us some scorers!

Our next 4 games smh

We just need to make some shots man. That's what it comes down to.

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! pelicanchamp's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Inner_GI View Post
    It's a roster problem, and that is 100% on Dell. His time has come.
    It is a roster AND coaching problem. Both. Dell made some bonehead moves and this offseason he did fine with Asik but everything else is a joke.

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! pelicanchamp's Avatar
    I really want to see an aggressive trade.

As they say "you can lead a horse to water, but you can't make him drink."

It's like defensively without Asik we've never been good, so the the offense is what we've relied on to make headway, but when the team shoots this poorly...
    Quote Originally Posted by Eman5805 View Post
    Impossible. The octopus that lives in my brain hasn't squibbered anything about it to me.

Also, that's how octopi talk. They squibber. Yes, it's a word. Shut up.

Give EG a raise to 30 mil.

Quote Originally Posted by pelicanchamp View Post
    It is a roster AND coaching problem. Both. Dell made some bonehead moves and this offseason he did fine with Asik but everything else is a joke.
    So when Monty had a decent roster(2010), he won 46 games. Since then, you could say his teams have been complete crap.

Guess who joined in 2010 and roster got progressively worse? Dell Demps.

The roster isn't great .. But we have guys on this team that can ball. We have a top 5 player on our roster , a top 10 pg , a top 5 C, a sharp shooter at the 4 , and the ultimate slasher with Tyreke. We should be able to make that work

The Voice of Reason Contributor RaisingTheBar's Avatar
    It's a roster problem, and that is 100% on Dell. His time has come.
    It's Monty's time before Demps'

So when Monty had a decent roster(2010), he won 46 games. Since then, you could say his teams have been complete crap.

The 2010 roster was bad . Chris Paul willed that team to the playoffs. I'm not a CPme fan , but he willed that team to the playoffs

The 2010 roster was bad . Chris Paul willed that team to the playoffs. I'm not a CPme fan , but he willed that team to the playoffs

Quote Originally Posted by Alg_Hornet View Post
    The roster isn't great .. But we have guys on this team that can ball. We have a top 5 player on our roster , a top 10 pg , a top 5 C, a sharp shooter at the 4 , and the ultimate slasher with Tyreke. We should be able to make that work
    With a bench made of players not worthy of a NBA roster spot that gets playinbg minutes, it doesn't really matter how good your starting 5 is supposed to me.

Our starting 5 has the pressure of Drew Brees. Every time they take the floor, they have to be perfect for us to have a chance to win. I'm willing to bet, we are not going to be perfect more than 35 times this year.

Banned
    Rivers took more shots than AD

Yeah it was 100% Demps' idea to waste money on Salmons Monty had nothing to do with that decision.

With a bench made of players not worthy of a NBA roster spot that gets playinbg minutes, it doesn't really matter how good your starting 5 is supposed to me.

Our starting 5 has the pressure of Drew Brees. Every time they take the floor, they have to be perfect for us to have a chance to win. I'm willing to bet, we are not going to be perfect more than 35 times this year.
    I agree the bench is trash. But his top 6 is excellent . We shouldn't be having sub 20 quarters

Good possession.

Quote Originally Posted by Asteptooslow View Post
    Smh.

What would you rather have?

Chris Paul
    David West
    Trevor Ariza
    Emeka Okafor
    Carl Landry
    Marco Bellinelli
    Jason Smith
    Peja Stojakovic
    Jarret Jack
    Marcus Thorton
    Willie Green
    Quincy Pondexter

That's a pretty solid lineup. It's not as top heavy as our current lineup, but that bench had some legitimate NBA players that are still in the league.

I feel like we are currently employing some players that wouldn't be the NBA without us.

Quote Originally Posted by Asteptooslow View Post
    Every time he passes up a mid range shot for a floater or layup he will miss and expect a foul called he needs to be taken out the game. You can't continue to be indecisive game after game.

I agree the bench is trash. But his top 6 is excellent . We shouldn't be having sub 20 quarters
    One of those top 6 is currently out for the season, so.....

Quote Originally Posted by RaisingTheBar View Post
    Yeah it was 100% Demps' idea to waste money on Salmons Monty had nothing to do with that decision.
    This signing had Monty finger prints all over it. Doesn't seem like the kinda guy Dell would sign

What would you rather have?

Chris Paul
    David West
    Trevor Ariza
    Emeka Okafor
    Carl Landry
    Marco Bellinelli
    Jason Smith
    Peja Stojakovic
    Jarret Jack
    Marcus Thorton
    Willie Green
    Quincy Pondexter

That's a pretty solid lineup. It's not as top heavy as our current lineup, but that bench had some legitimate NBA players that are still in the league.

I feel like we are currently employing some players that wouldn't be the NBA without us.
    That team also has players with good IQ. I think that and lack of focus and will to win faults us.
    CAW CAW!!!

-Founder and valuable member of the Caw Caw Boyz-

Thread Information