Pelicans Report

Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3 9 10 11 12 13

Thread: Game Day Thread! Pelicans vs. Hawks 11/28/14

Quote Originally Posted by da ThRONe View Post
    We'll have to agree to disagree about him being elite at beating people off the dribble. He's been effective which is good enough(and yes I've been on the record saying it was an area he came into the league weak at).

When you start calling a player top 5 like many people have not just here those are the things you expect otherwise that player isn't a top 5 superstar type player.
    If your metric for determining top players is ridiculously tilted in how you perform in isolation sets offensively then I guess you would be right. Thankfully most experts look at the entire body of work and production in determining a players value. And in doing so I cant name 5 players this year that I would take over Davis.

Quote Originally Posted by N.O.Bronco View Post
    If your metric for determining top players is ridiculously tilted in how you perform in isolation sets offensively then I guess you would be right. Thankfully most experts look at the entire body of work and production in determining a players value. And in doing so I cant name 5 players this year that I would take over Davis.
    Again in crunch time a superstar player has to be able to put an incredible amount of pressure on the defense with his on abilites on top of all the other things Davis is doing so well. So it's not ridculously tilted it's a ridiculously difficult title to capture. Again for the first time watching Davis throughout his career I think he can get there. So this isn't being negative just realistic. That is the next and final step Davis has to over to be a superstar IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by Bee-Fense View Post
    If AD played like his normal 30+ PER self, I think this game is probably a win. He's apparently sick so let's wait a few more games before we make a judgment on the team. Also, it appeared that Tyreke was hitting his layups at a better rate tonight so perhaps that can be a trend.

This team still needs to figure itself out with Gordon out of the rotation and Rivers needs to step it up as a secondary ball handler. Obviously the playoffs would be a great achievement this season, but look at how stacked the West is. There are eleven teams with at least a .500 record right now, and that doesn't even include OKC. Let's not lose sight that this is a process and not everything hinges on our success this year.

Look at what Portland has done. They kept their core together the past couple of years and just strengthened their bench each off-season and are now a contender (or close to it, depending on your definition). That type of patient approach is what we need. We just need another off-season or two to fill out the gaps. But for now, we have gaps and we have to deal with that.
    Wow a smart post and not over reacting to a loss.

Quote Originally Posted by Bee-Fense View Post
    If AD played like his normal 30+ PER self, I think this game is probably a win. He's apparently sick so let's wait a few more games before we make a judgment on the team. Also, it appeared that Tyreke was hitting his layups at a better rate tonight so perhaps that can be a trend.

This team still needs to figure itself out with Gordon out of the rotation and Rivers needs to step it up as a secondary ball handler. Obviously the playoffs would be a great achievement this season, but look at how stacked the West is. There are eleven teams with at least a .500 record right now, and that doesn't even include OKC. Let's not lose sight that this is a process and not everything hinges on our success this year.

Look at what Portland has done. They kept their core together the past couple of years and just strengthened their bench each off-season and are now a contender (or close to it, depending on your definition). That type of patient approach is what we need. We just need another off-season or two to fill out the gaps. But for now, we have gaps and we have to deal with that.
    Can we sticky this one post
    Most intelligence displayed here in a while.
    Quote Originally Posted by zakzak View Post
    that dumb Gentry killing Asik morale seriously man he is been good when you compare last season then suddenly he sits whole damn first half barely gets minutes what an idiot we need muscle wee need rebound he took of asik jones,ajinca they got no place on this team play Diallo at least he is decent.
    .......if healthy

@Jabberwalker

Thread Information