Pelicans Report

Page 10 of 13 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 LastLast

Thread: Game Day Thread! Pelicans vs. Hawks 11/28/14

Banned
    I'm going to support Jimmer until they take him in handcuffs to play basketball in Estonia. He didn't play hard this game and that is a fact. All our gaurds (all) gave up drives. He is just really obvious about it. That being said he was out there clapping his hands for the ball and our individual play didn't even recognize the shooter (yes shooter).

Hell, Kyle Korver would be pissed on this team.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by 504ByrdGang View Post
    The only way to fix this problem is trade Ryan. He's a luxury player and we have needs, also Babbit, Miller, Rivers, and Jimmer has no place on a NBA roster. I say cut them and got out and sign vets like Telfair.
    If Jimmer plays tomorrow I'll shave my head.

Quote Originally Posted by Asteptooslow View Post
    If Jimmer plays tomorrow I'll shave my head.
    How do we know your not bald already?

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by AUSSIE_PELICAN View Post
    How do we know your not bald already?
    true.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by UNO Gracias View Post
    There was a time when Austin Divers was going to make us regret not extending him.
    Austin is always motivated by something to do everything, but never does anything. He hasn't been good since high school.

Rivers just lacks confidence. There is hesitation in practically everything he does, visible or not. He needs some D-League time.

Banned
    Wait, maybe Jimmer should get the call!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=axh5a9x75c4

Anyway. For us to win tomorrow. Asik and Davis have to dominate. They haven't seemed like Twin Towers recently. If they play well we have a chance. I believe that.

For anybody who hasn't, go look at December's schedule. So brutal that I'm going to have to possibly considering not watching games and listening to them on the radio so I don't pull out all my hair. Or just not watch them at all. I love this team so much that it hurts watching games like we've been watching and it puts me in a bad mood all night/next day which makes me a diff person. Something has to change. Goodnight again fellows

Banned
    It does add one or two more beers than I wanted to drink for sure. Like I said at the beginning of the year. I believe on here. We have the worst bench in the league. Ditching Jimmer for Telfair would atleast hold down the fort a little bit. We know coach will always play Rivers.

I'll leave you guys to this. I'm annoying myself.

Quote Originally Posted by MMEmbreno View Post
    For anybody who hasn't, go look at December's schedule. So brutal that I'm going to have to possibly considering not watching games and listening to them on the radio so I don't pull out all my hair. Or just not watch them at all. I love this team so much that it hurts watching games like we've been watching and it puts me in a bad mood all night/next day which makes me a diff person. Something has to change. Goodnight again fellows
    I'm at the same point now the season is a throw away. Dell really hurt this team with absolutely 0 depth, one injury sank the season. We have a roster full of guys the should never touch a nba floor.

1-6

I'm about 10 pages late to this but oh well. We died by the 3 tonight. 7 for 24 is a disgrace. Might be a little too dependent on it. I liked what i saw from Tyreke. Rivers struggled... so painful...

Also

Jimmer...Jimmer...Jimmer!... Jimmer!!... Jimmer!!!

Da replacements have gone 0-11. Guards got outplayed by Jeff Teague and Dennis Schroeder.

This is getting ugly.

Its amazing with how bad this team looked that most of the posts on this page are focusing on a guy who barely saw any offensive looks and was the least of our problems. The Jimmer hate is irrationally strong on this board.

I don't even really care about the guy but the way this team has decided his fate and broad brushed him off of 87 minutes out of a 2707 minute career and off of 28 shots out of the 1110 he has taken in his career is the height of stupidity. The fact the guy has dropped from 44% to 30% and 37% to 12% is likely because of usage, scheme and confidence. A shooter as good as he is doesnt just lose that ability. You all are being irrational.

You know if Salmons stopped after his first 2 shots he would be 0-2 with some bad defensive lapses.

In fact our team as a whole(well, the starters and key bench players) are shooting collectively below their last year average from 3 except for Evans and Rivers(and I guess Babbitt but his sample size is so small) who is the outlier. Jrue is shooting 31% compared to 39% last year and a career AVG. of 37%. Ryno is shooting a career low of 36%. Until recently Gordon was shooting his second career lowest.

The question shouldn't be about Jimmer but about what it is that is leading to so many players that are known for having a good shooting stroke to be struggling and having near career low years in shooting.

To me the problem is players being poorly utilized, not the players suddenly becoming garbage. Jrue, Anderson. Jimmer, Gordon and even Evans to an extent are historically having bad years and so the question should be what is this team doing wrong that is producing this outcome?
    Last edited by N.O.Bronco; 11-28-2014 at 10:13 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by MMEmbreno View Post
    I'm at the same point now the season is a throw away. Dell really hurt this team with absolutely 0 depth, one injury sank the season. We have a roster full of guys the should never touch a nba floor.
    My thoughts exactly.

"I'm not going to allow my putative owner to answer that question, this is an NBA related press conference. Paul Tagliabue and Roger Goodell have collectively sung their praises of Tom and if uh ESPN has a problem with that tell Mr. Skipper to call me at my office."

This is the other elephant in the room. Dell has been here long enough and his legacy isn't looking too good. His best move he lucked into and outside of that we have a team with shallow depth, one of the worst contacts in the league and mismatched parts with a major gaping hole at arguably the position with the most amount of talent in the league right now.

Quote Originally Posted by N.O.Bronco View Post
    This is the other elephant in the room. Dell has been here long enough and his legacy isn't looking too good. His best move he lucked into and outside of that we have a team with shallow depth, one of the worst contacts in the league and mismatched parts with a major gaping hole at arguably the position with the most amount of talent in the league right now.
    I agree with all of this accept for this part. PG is the most talented position in the league right now by far.

I didn't get to watch the game, but from what I'm reading... this years team is no better than last years team.

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! pelicanchamp's Avatar
    :/

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

PANICCCCC!!!!!!!!!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by zakzak View Post
    that dumb Gentry killing Asik morale seriously man he is been good when you compare last season then suddenly he sits whole damn first half barely gets minutes what an idiot we need muscle wee need rebound he took of asik jones,ajinca they got no place on this team play Diallo at least he is decent.
    .......if healthy

@Jabberwalker

Atleast Holiday went 20-7-4 with only 1 turnover. find the good in the bad lol.

There's gonna be a lot of bad coming up. Embrace it.

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! Bee-Fense's Avatar
    If AD played like his normal 30+ PER self, I think this game is probably a win. He's apparently sick so let's wait a few more games before we make a judgment on the team. Also, it appeared that Tyreke was hitting his layups at a better rate tonight so perhaps that can be a trend.

This team still needs to figure itself out with Gordon out of the rotation and Rivers needs to step it up as a secondary ball handler. Obviously the playoffs would be a great achievement this season, but look at how stacked the West is. There are eleven teams with at least a .500 record right now, and that doesn't even include OKC. Let's not lose sight that this is a process and not everything hinges on our success this year.

Look at what Portland has done. They kept their core together the past couple of years and just strengthened their bench each off-season and are now a contender (or close to it, depending on your definition). That type of patient approach is what we need. We just need another off-season or two to fill out the gaps. But for now, we have gaps and we have to deal with that.

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! pelicanchamp's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Bee-Fense View Post
    If AD played like his normal 30+ PER self, I think this game is probably a win. He's apparently sick so let's wait a few more games before we make a judgment on the team. Also, it appeared that Tyreke was hitting his layups at a better rate tonight so perhaps that can be a trend.

This team still needs to figure itself out with Gordon out of the rotation and Rivers needs to step it up as a secondary ball handler. Obviously the playoffs would be a great achievement this season, but look at how stacked the West is. There are eleven teams with at least a .500 record right now, and that doesn't even include OKC. Let's not lose sight that this is a process and not everything hinges on our success this year.

Look at what Portland has done. They kept their core together the past couple of years and just strengthened their bench each off-season and are now a contender (or close to it, depending on your definition). That type of patient approach is what we need. We just need another off-season or two to fill out the gaps. But for now, we have gaps and we have to deal with that.
    I like your attitude about it. My problem is that I am tired of waiting. I think this team will get better but we could actually miss the playoffs this year and next year. I really believe that if we see this pattern continue we are in big trouble this season.

Quote Originally Posted by UNO Gracias View Post
    There was a time when Austin Divers was going to make us regret not extending him.
    It lasted all of about 2 games.

Thread Information