Pelicans Report

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Jrue Holiday opinions

Jrue Holiday opinions

What is your opinion on him so far this season?

I think he's played ok, I think with Gordon being out now he need to become more agressive in play. He seems to defer a lot if he doesn't have a easy bucket but has shown during some games he's able to score at will. I would like to see him average 17/7 this season which I think he's very capable of. With him inserting him self as a constant threat it will make this a better team.
    Last edited by 504ByrdGang; 11-27-2014 at 06:00 PM.

1-6

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! pelicanchamp's Avatar
    Jrue needs to make himself a bigger threat. He's the 2nd best behind Davis. I am very happy with his defense but I want more offense from him. How often does he get to the line? We need more aggressiveness.

I agree he needs to be more aggressive. Once Tyreke starts running the point more, I think Jrue will score more.

Part of that is because he just does not get whistles when he drives. Not sure why though.

Quote Originally Posted by SaintPelican225 View Post
    I agree he needs to be more aggressive. Once Tyreke starts running the point more, I think Jrue will score more.
    If Reke runs the point, it is most likely that Jrue will score less
    The most overused words on Pelicansreport.com. Wrongly, I might add.

ELITE - (often used with a plural verb) the choice or best of anything considered collectively, as of a group or class of persons.

GREAT - notable; remarkable; exceptionally outstanding

These words should not be used lightly

He has been playing solid on ball defense mostly. And I really enjoyed watching him defend Damian Lillard. He turned Lillard over 3 times and Damian really only got his points from the line, shot only 7-18 from the field. Jrue is still young and his understanding and energy on defense is really impressive. Iguodala did say he thought Jrue was the best on ball defender in the NBA too.

Offensively he is strong, knows when to take his guy to the post, and is 4th in the league in Assist to Turnover ratio!!!

Love me some Jrue. His 3pt numbers are down from his career averages though.

Jrue is probably my favourite player on the team aside from Davis. His on-ball defense has been great, but I do agree that the team is better when he's a little more aggressive offensively.

he seems to play conservative for 90% of the time and then go on a scoring spree for a few consecutive possessions somewhere down the stretch

he's 24 and coming off of injury, his defense and passing has been great. Not to mention he never turns it over. This team is still going, and still is jrue. AD and Jrue are going to be here for a longggg time, anyone else is fair game.

Jrue was one of my favorite point guards before he got here and has continued to be. If I knew when we got rid of CP# we would have a chance to get Jrue for 2 1sts I would have been ecstatic. I think he has played very well but still leaves more to be desired. His defense is to me better than any PG in the league and only 1 close is Westbrook but he is way to much of a risk taker which cost him a lot. Great thing about Jrue is he hasn't even entered his prime yet. This is really his 1st extended time playing with the group we have and should continue to get better and more comfortable. We have the best PG we can possibly get our hands on with our team right now. Teams don't just give them up or let them hit FA to often. In 2 years with Gordons contract gone and our team complete how we want it he will explode and be in his prime ready to compete for championships. This season and next season I want to use as learning and growing experiences for these young guys to get better and better. Hopefully the next 2 seasons we can make the playoffs to get that experience so this group is ready when they hit their prime and be serious contenders.

Jimeert Freedet 4 Prez IamQuailman's Avatar
    bump

His defense made me moist.

So excited to see how he does against Curry Thursday. One of the best perimeter defenders in the NBA easily.

G.O.A.T.    Contributor   
    Quote Originally Posted by 504ByrdGang View Post
    His defense made me moist.
    Was moist as well.

y'all are disgusting lmao.

But ya, he is getting better every game, u can see his chemistry with the team building, had some no look passes thru double teams, hit players for open 3's, him and AD on the pick n roll is looking very good.
    Remember he is 24, and he isn't really aggressive because he's a PG, not a SG, jrue kind has a throw back kinda players game for a PG. Pass first, play good D.

he's quick to defer to his teammates. when hes more aggressive i love him

Jrue seems like a different player every few minutes

Quote Originally Posted by IamQuailman View Post
    bump
    You are my hero for this.
    Quote Originally Posted by zakzak View Post
    that dumb Gentry killing Asik morale seriously man he is been good when you compare last season then suddenly he sits whole damn first half barely gets minutes what an idiot we need muscle wee need rebound he took of asik jones,ajinca they got no place on this team play Diallo at least he is decent.
    .......if healthy

@Jabberwalker

Quote Originally Posted by Jabberwalker View Post
    You are my hero for this.
    For every forum over reaction, there's a smart *** bump or equally snarky reaction

For every forum over reaction, there's a smart *** bump or equally snarky reaction
    #freeMonty

Jrue was solid tonight. His early D on Russ was a big key in the win tonight. He picked his spots scoring wise...I don't think he's a 100 percent healthy yet. But, conserving energy on offense,so he could frustrate Westbrook on the defensive end was genius tonight. ....
    Last edited by SaintPelican225; 12-02-2014 at 10:47 PM.

I think he's now hit almost full fitness and is balling. Absolutely straight ballin'.

Must be the premier defensive PG in da leeg.

But srs drew ****ing sucks

Quote Originally Posted by Perth_Hornet View Post
    I think he's now hit almost full fitness and is balling. Absolutely straight ballin'.

Must be the premier defensive PG in da leeg.
    him and patrick beverly

But srs drew ****ing sucks
    Drew Bees?

Thread Information