Pelicans Report

Thread: Trading our biggest luxury for depth

Trading our biggest luxury for depth

Looking at the hand we have been dealt thus far this season, I think a trade would be in order.

We are top heavy; hence anyone in our starting six getting hurt- hurts really bad. This shines light on our lack of depth.

Trade Ryan Anderson and a guard for a starting SF and some back-up's

I honestly am I little worried about a Dell desperation move.

The consensus going into the season was this was a make or break year for this regime of Monty and Dell.

Dell has clearly been forced into win now mode for a couple years and the result is we are fairly depleted of luxury tradr assets and have little if anything valuable left to trade except assets we really don't want to.

The other side is Monty's system is known to be complicated and he has shown he isn't exactly the quickest in terms of finding the optimal role for transfer players. So what's to say that whoever we trade for doesn't have extensive learning pains and cohesion and rotation issues that exacerbate the problem?

While I am fairly critical of a number of his bigger moves, Dell has shown a real genius for trading scrubs for decent role players(acquiring Jason Smith, Bellinelli, Vasquez, Lopez) And finding hidden talent like Brian Roberts and Gustavo Ayon. That's what I am hoping for TBH. A guy that can come in a full the cracks that isn't asked to do a whole lot and isn't a player that Monty will struggle to fit in to his system.

If there was ever a time Demps needed to pull a rabbit out of a hat it is now. I just don't want a desperation move where Dell feels the heat from his seat and turns into a drunken gambler that risks our future in a last ditch effort.
    Last edited by N.O.Bronco; 11-26-2014 at 12:24 PM.

we should trade something to the bucks lol. tyreke and anderson just worked to get this line-up

Almost identical stats goint to and fro to both teams-

http://basketball.realgm.com/tradech..._trade/6526442

jrue holliday
    oj mayo, austin rivers
    kris middleton, ersan ilyasova
    anthony davis, ersan ilyasova
    omar asik, john henson

brandon knight, nate walters
    tyreke evans, giannas Antetokounmpo
    jabari parker
    ryan anderson
    larry sanders
    Last edited by fullcourtpress; 11-26-2014 at 12:26 PM.

I know someone is going to knock me for some silly trade idea, but remember we can always throw in something else.

I just feel that Davis will now not let us come near the lottery with his play AND the clock is ticking

ersan and giannas for ryan anderson

a back up 4 and a starting wing for Anderson.

Anderson for Thaddeus

Pass-First Point Center Caffeinedisastr's Avatar
    Isn't Ilyasova a PF?

Then we're back in the same boat.

I'm not trading Ryno. He is the catalyst.

He is the microwave.

He is The Flamethrower!

Is there any concrete evidence that Dell (or Monty for that matter) are on the Hot Seat? Benson's, Lauscha's and Loomis' past indicate that they take the long view of things when it comes to organizational success. At least they have where the Saints are concerned. They know they have a once-in-a-generation talent in AD and want to build around him for the long term. Surely Dell had the green light from upper management to make the Anderson, Holiday, Evans and Asik acquisitions. Surely they're not going to deviate from their plan after 13 games into a new season, especially since they're one game over .500 in the brutal Western Conference.

They may make a move before the trading deadline if a good one is offered to them, but I don't see them making one now out of desperation. They'll do what they can to get a decent SF during the offseason and in the summer of 2016 when they have ample cap space AND a superstar in AD to attract talented starters (and talented depth at a discount because we'll be serious contenders) they'll move forward with the roster that'll (hopefully) win an NBA Championship or two.
    Last edited by Tomdda; 11-26-2014 at 01:25 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by fullcourtpress View Post
    ersan and giannas for ryan anderson

a back up 4 and a starting wing for Anderson.
    The Greek Freak is a core piece for them and they won't trade him for Ryan Anderson. I wish they would, but that's simply not going to happen.

Quote Originally Posted by Caffeinedisastr View Post
    Isn't Ilyasova a PF?

Then we're back in the same boat.

I'm not trading Ryno. He is the catalyst.

He is the microwave.

He is The Flamethrower!

He is the offensive flow incinerator...

The guy has the ability to be the best shooting big man in the league but right now he is basically posting career lows in FG% 3p%, ft%, assists and rebounding. While pairing near career highs in FGA and 3PA. With less minutes then anytime in his last 4 years.

I had thought that his emerging post game from last season was going to lead to a more versatile player that would increase his efficiency and lead to better assists, FTA's and more efficient shots. Instead it has had the opposite effect. He takes a lot of bad post shots or post drives and he refuses to pass out of the post.

Pass-First Point Center Caffeinedisastr's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by N.O.Bronco View Post

The guy has the ability to be the best shooting big man in the league but right now he is basically posting career lows in FG% 3p%, ft%, assists and rebounding. While pairing near career highs in FGA and 3PA. With less minutes then anytime in his last 4 years.

I had thought that his emerging post game from last season was going to lead to a more versatile player that would increase his efficiency and lead to better assists, FTA's and more efficient shots. Instead it has had the opposite effect. He takes a lot of bad post shots or post drives and he refuses to pass out of the post.
    I think most of that has to do with our cheap, d-league bench. Ryno is the only real offensive option there and he looks to have developed some quickness and more post moves. As others have said before, he is being asked to do much more than he should. And he does it without complaint.

Aside from Brow, he is the heart and a leader. When he gets going, everyone gets going.

That is not something you can easily replace.

Quote Originally Posted by N.O.Bronco View Post

He's also coming back from a major injury and the only player on our team outside of AD to score more than 25(?) Points in a single game this season. And he did that coming off the bench and with near 0 support from any other bench player.

Yes, he's had a down season. As should be expected with him coming back. But other players have been just as bad or worse and were starters for us.

I find this stance especially amazing when he's coming off a 20-5 game where he shot 50% from the field, 43% from 3, and was perfect from the line in 29 minutes.
    Last edited by Mythrol; 11-26-2014 at 01:48 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Mythrol View Post
    He's also coming back from a major injury and the only player on our team outside of AD to score more than 25(?) Points in a single game this season. And he did that coming off the bench and with near 0 support from any other bench player.

Yes, he's had a down season. As should be expected with him coming back. But other players have been just as bad or worse and were starters for us.

I find this stance especially amazing when he's coming off a 20-5 game where he shot 50% from the field, 43% from 3, and was perfect from the line in 29 minutes.
    I wouldn't care if he shot 100% this game, the shots he takes kill the flow of the game. The other players will start to get frustrated and their play will reflect it. Ryan is that guy at the gym with limited skills but thinks he's kobe and won't play any defense. Everybody hates playing with that guy.

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonPelicans View Post
    I wouldn't care if he shot 100% this game, the shots he takes kill the flow of the game. The other players will start to get frustrated and their play will reflect it. Ryan is that guy at the gym with limited skills but thinks he's kobe and won't play any defense. Everybody hates playing with that guy.
    Is this based off of ANYTHING you have ever heard from ANY player who has ever played with Ryno?

No. I didn't think so. Just so baseless opinion because YOU don't like a player.

Quote Originally Posted by Mythrol View Post
    Is this based off of ANYTHING you have ever heard from ANY player who has ever played with Ryno?

No. I didn't think so. Just so baseless opinion because YOU don't like a player.
    I didn't say anyone said they hate playing with Ryan. I said they hate playing with the guy at the gym I compared Ryan to.

Thread Information