Pelicans Report

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Ryan Anderson is...

Quote Originally Posted by DefensiveMind View Post
    If AD inexplicably starts hoisting 19 footers out of nowhere, repeatedly gets burned on defense, and acts like he doesn't know how to run an offensive set I'll be the first one in line.
    It will take less than that
    @mcnamara247

Saint Pelican of Mile High Contributor DefensiveMind's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by MichaelMcNamara View Post
    It will take less than that
    Okay Mr. Voice of Reason.

Okay Mr. Voice of Reason.
    I love how that is an insult on this board.

Sums it all up perfectly.

Saint Pelican of Mile High Contributor DefensiveMind's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by MichaelMcNamara View Post
    I love how that is an insult on this board.

Sums it all up perfectly.
    You're a hypocrite of epic proportions. Calling you the voice of reason was sarcasm. You've had meltdowns in the last 12 months regarding: the level of investment you put in this team, people not reading well thought out arguments, our injury luck, and getting off msg boards/social media.

I've got news for you buddy. You are not the only person that spends their personal time, money, and energy rooting on this team. And you should know more than anybody that sometimes you lose focus on why you do it, but don't come here spouting your holier than thou BS when other people go through their own emotional roller coaster with this team.

And lastly, the criticisms made of this team here tonight are completely valid. Whether you chose to bless them with your agreement or not.

We are 7-6 with the best player on the planet atm..
    Lebron took the cavs "by himself" to a 60 win season, and people would argue that if he had the supporting cast A.D had, he could of won it all in Cleveland.
    Now let me question this, Why are we 7-6 when we have A.D playing like he is, and a better supporting cast than LeBron did with Cleveland.
    Because we have cancers, whether LeBrons cleveland team was talented or not, they all knew their role recognising that when it came down to it, getting LeBron hot is our priority, why is this different for the Pelicans, why do they act like they don't want anything to do with AD on the offensive end.
    This creates a visibly frustrated A.D who then slacks off on defense and is hesitant on offense like he was tonight, hence we lose.
    I really don't know who to put the blame game on, Monty, Tyreke, Jrue, Anderson, but those are the members of this organisation that are steering the ship backwards.

The fact some people on this board doesn't think there is a problem is mind boggling, if a franchise is mediocre with the player leading the MVP there is a problem, and don't tell me we are just really young, because Jrue, Tyreke and Anderson ain't going to be any better as players from here on end as a member of the New Orleans Pelicans.

Today Ryno.
    Tomorrow Monty.
    The day after tomorrow - Dell.

I am not complaining after every losing games. I have seen many loses (since 1992 Hornets). I understand the process and other stuff.

We are losing because of the lack of solid bench players. Was it because of the scouting mistakes (Dell), coaching wishes/mistakes (Monty) or lack of funds (Benson)? Hard to say...
    It is small sample data and also the new situation with one of the 'pillars' injured. But look on our bench. Not to the stats. Only eye test. There is an answer.
    The team must go through it together. On the AD's back. And don't think that players did not understand that they have failed... They do.

you seriously expect a ,f who is is half the size of demarcus cousins to stop him gtoh

I miss the days when it was always Gordon's fault
    The most overused words on Pelicansreport.com. Wrongly, I might add.

ELITE - (often used with a plural verb) the choice or best of anything considered collectively, as of a group or class of persons.

GREAT - notable; remarkable; exceptionally outstanding

These words should not be used lightly

Quote Originally Posted by HornetGuru View Post
    Why the hell would u put ryno on cousins if asik was on the court? I guess asik isnt 100% and they didnt want him taking a beating, I can understand that.
    It's simple, Asik can't defend anyone five feet from the basket even if healthy. DMC would go right around Asik and dunk over RA. So Monty took the lesser evil.

To be fair, if a player can't be criticized after a bad performance, or a coach can't be criticized after a bad game plan, we should probably just mail our balls back to mom with a note saying "Why do I have these again?"

I am not going to blame fans for poor play or bad coaching, I'm going to blame players and coaches.
    If you Jimmer it, they will come.

This has NOTHING to do with losing, I wanted to wait for a winning streak before complaining just so it wouldn't be blamed on losing. And this definitely has nothing to do with Ryno guarding Cousins.

This is about Ryno not being able to guard ANYBODY, like seriously almost every time someone catches it in the post on Ryan it's 2 points. Guards get free layups when he's in the game. He doesn't bother the shot at all, just hold his hands up. There's nothing positive about his defense.

On offense, he is a great shooter I understand that. But 17ft step backs? Even when he makes em I hate that shot. The same people who complained about Jason Smith taking wide open 17 footers are perfectly fine with Ryan taking contested stepbacks. Take off the rosy colored glasses. Ryan is the definition of a black hole.

Nobody said Ryno shouldn't take outside shots. But he needs to realize that his bread is buttered when the main options get theres. He needs to understand that fall away jump shots are never an option. He needs to understand how his presences bends the D and that he needs to be helping bend that D. he's the 1 guy whose shot will be there at 24 on the shot clock, 14 and 4. There's absolutely no reason to take the first thing the D gives EVERY single time.
    Exactly he takes end of the clock shots every time he catches it. Those shots might as well be recorded as turnovers.

You're a hypocrite of epic proportions. Calling you the voice of reason was sarcasm. You've had meltdowns in the last 12 months regarding: the level of investment you put in this team, people not reading well thought out arguments, our injury luck, and getting off msg boards/social media.

I've got news for you buddy. You are not the only person that spends their personal time, money, and energy rooting on this team. And you should know more than anybody that sometimes you lose focus on why you do it, but don't come here spouting your holier than thou BS when other people go through their own emotional roller coaster with this team.

And lastly, the criticisms made of this team here tonight are completely valid. Whether you chose to bless them with your agreement or not.
    +1k

After watching Gerald Green tonight, I wish we would've made that Anderson for Green trade that was rumored this past summer.

You guys really suck the life out of everything

"I don't know if people know — I dislocated my pinkie finger. And [Tyreke] told me, 'You wanna go home or you wanna be here?' I want to be here. And he said, 'All right, then go tape it up and let's play. Let's go. We not stoppin' at no stores. Straight gas. That's what we do, just keep going.'"

http://thebasketbawlblog.com/

There's a lot of interesting banter on this board....Hell, why not blame Pierre the Pelican......Lol......Relax everyone

Thr AD backlash will come from the main stream media first, then here. I dont know what the criticism will be if he stays healthy though. The pendulum always swings as far one way as it does another. Blake Griffin was a media darling his rookie season and could do no wrong. After his forst season everyone turned on him. People will turn on AD justly or unjustly because without that you dont have a narrative to get clicks on. Sorry to derail the derailment from the derailment. Carry on with yelling at everything in front of you like a caveman trying to use a TV.
    Quote Originally Posted by zakzak View Post
    that dumb Gentry killing Asik morale seriously man he is been good when you compare last season then suddenly he sits whole damn first half barely gets minutes what an idiot we need muscle wee need rebound he took of asik jones,ajinca they got no place on this team play Diallo at least he is decent.
    .......if healthy

@Jabberwalker

Jimeert Freedet 4 Prez IamQuailman's Avatar

Wow. So, if you were to say that MM's intellectual prowess has been self-inflated, I'd agree. However, nothing he's stated here is hypocritical to his past "meltdowns". And his contribution to this site, us, the team -- however you state it -- has been wonderful, contrarian or not. What do you add to Us? Not much. So cut him some slack, man. He's one of how many that can raise a nuanced, yet valid, question about this team? You see anyone doing it? You don't. This isn't his job, or his worth; it's his passion, maybe a hobby. Either way, he doesn't have to do any of this, but he does. And he's the only true skeptic, or intellectually motivated thinker, associated to our team. If that leaves, what do we have? We have the rest of you and me. That's not much.
    Last edited by jcamp5; 11-27-2014 at 03:49 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by jcamp5 View Post
    Wow. So, if you were to say that MM's intellectual prowess has been self-inflated, I'd agree. However, nothing he's stated here is hypocritical to his past "meltdowns". And his contribution to this site, us, the team -- however you state it -- has been wonderful, contrarian or not. What do you add to Us? Not much. So cut him some slack, man. He's one of how many that can raise a nuanced, yet valid, question about this team? You see anyone doing it? You don't. This isn't his job, or his worth; it's his passion, maybe a hobby. Either way, he doesn't have to do any of this, but he does. And he's the only true skeptic, or intellectually motivated thinker, associated to our team. If that leaves, what do we have? We have the rest of you and me. That's not much.
    I agree that MM contributes a lot to this board and fan base. But to say he's the ONLY "true skeptic, or intellectually motivated thinker, associated to our team" is ridiculous and I personally take offense to that. There are many intelligent posters on this board, that is why we all come to this board faithfully.

I'm not defending anyone but could it be....that Ryan was given the green light to shoot because he is probably the main spark off the bench?

Also I was there at that game and Asik just didn't look like himself. He seemed to be shying away from the pounding and bumping. I'm assuming that was because of his back.

If really, AD looked like he was kinda sick. Not sure but maybe these things factored in.
    NEW ORLEANS
    There is NO place like Home!

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonPelicans View Post
    I agree that MM contributes a lot to this board and fan base. But to say he's the ONLY "true skeptic, or intellectually motivated thinker, associated to our team" is ridiculous and I personally take offense to that. There are many intelligent posters on this board, that is why we all come to this board faithfully.
    Well said.

Lots of friendly fire in this thread. Just remember that we're all on the same side.

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonPelicans View Post
    Are you representing the Pelicans in a national way? Maybe you're someone I'm not aware of, but probably not. I'm not saying MM is the only intelligent fan. And intellectualized thought and intelligence are not the same thing; you're taking offense to something I never said.

I have a challenge. I'll give you 24 hours to create an interesting, nuanced question for Pelicans fans to answer that is valid to the team currently. It can not be an obvious question, and it has to be particular and direct to our current team. If you can come up with one, I'll leave the board forever. If you can't, I'll never bring it up - you have nothing at stake. I just want you to begin to appreciate what MM does.

Quote Originally Posted by jcamp5 View Post
    Are you representing the Pelicans in a national way? Maybe you're someone I'm not aware of, but probably not. I'm not saying MM is the only intelligent fan. And intellectualized thought and intelligence are not the same thing; you're taking offense to something I never said.

I have a challenge. I'll give you 24 hours to create an interesting, nuanced question for Pelicans fans to answer that is valid to the team currently. It can not be an obvious question, and it has to be particular and direct to our current team. If you can come up with one, I'll leave the board forever. If you can't, I'll never bring it up - you have nothing at stake. I just want you to begin to appreciate what MM does.
    MM, is that you?

Thread Information