Pelicans Report

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4

Thread: Ryan Anderson is...

Also in Ryno's defense, he scored 20 points tonight, shooting 50%, now 50% for a jump shooter is a very good field goal percentage. Not to mention he added 7 rebounds, once again its hard to be a good rebounder when u live on the perimeter but he finds a great way to do it.

I'm not saying we will trade him because he sucks, because he doesn't, he is a great player, but I still don't like the fact that he plays the same position as AD, who is the next mvl in the league. It would be like having draymond green behind kevin durant. Is Draymond good? Yes, but will he get the minutes he deserves and contribute as much as he could on another team playing behind KD? No.

I like Ryan but if we can pull a 3 team trade and with
    Pels: Green

Suns: Ryan

Sixers: PHX first and Gordon

1-6

Quote Originally Posted by 504ByrdGang View Post
    I like Ryan but if we can pull a 3 team trade and with
    Pels: Green

Suns: Ryan

Sixers: PHX first and Gordon
    Possible but I don't see the suns giving up a 1st rounder and green for ryno, but maybe.

Quote Originally Posted by HornetGuru View Post
    Possible but I don't see the suns giving up a 1st rounder and green for ryno, but maybe.
    With Dragic soon to get paid they can't keep green and will struggle to improve their roster without. Ryan is the perfect fit for phx and tried hard to get him over the summer. Meanwhile they just resigned 2 other small forwards on their roster. I'm also down for George Karl hire. We need a hard *** coach the doesn't care about getting into it with a player and doesn't just watch the team play themselves out a game.

With Dragic soon to get paid they can't keep green and will struggle to improve their roster without. Ryan is the perfect fit for phx and tried hard to get him over the summer. Meanwhile they just resigned 2 other small forwards on their roster. I'm also down for George Karl hire. We need a hard *** coach the doesn't care about getting into it with a player and doesn't just watch the team play themselves out a game.
    Didn't think about the Dragic thing salary wise. Not a bad idea and yes they were very interested in Ryno, could be a possibility. I would only due it if we could get Green to agree to a contract extension because I would hate to give up Ryno for a 1 year rental. But once again Gerald Green would be a perfect fit. Big, freak athlete who runs the floor, has a beautiful jumper and is best off ball.

Dunno how, but we need to clear cap and offer Jimmy Butler the Max or get a sign and trade with Chicago that could involve Reke & or Ryno.

inb4flamefestdirectedatme
    looking for team to bandwagon, pls help

Ryno is the obvious trade piece. Gordon can't be traded until he's an expiring contract. Reke is fools gold IMO. He'll wreck chemistry because of his style of play. Asik is a free agent plus we need him. Jrue is a keeper. That leaves only Ryno as a trade piece. No one else on this team has any value. Maybe Ajinca could go to a team like the Spurs and be productive. This team needs a SF and Ryno is the way to get one.
    The most overused words on Pelicansreport.com. Wrongly, I might add.

ELITE - (often used with a plural verb) the choice or best of anything considered collectively, as of a group or class of persons.

GREAT - notable; remarkable; exceptionally outstanding

These words should not be used lightly

Where do I sign for George Karl?
    If you Jimmer it, they will come.

Quote Originally Posted by HornetGuru View Post
    Didn't think about the Dragic thing salary wise. Not a bad idea and yes they were very interested in Ryno, could be a possibility. I would only due it if we could get Green to agree to a contract extension because I would hate to give up Ryno for a 1 year rental. But once again Gerald Green would be a perfect fit. Big, freak athlete who runs the floor, has a beautiful jumper and is best off ball.
    At worst if we don't resign Green we still clear up 20 mil in cap to sign a sf like Draymond and get a bench.

NO out: Anderson, Gordon, Ajinca

NO in: G. Green, J. Green, Wallace, Tolliver, Zeller

Holiday/Russ/Jimmer
    Reke/Rivers
    G.Green/J.Green/Wallace
    AD/Tolliver/Young
    Asik/Zeller/Withey

New Orleans gets Gerald, who is shooting well and would be a great fit with that athletic team, and swaps Anderson out for him while moving Gordon for Wallace's deal and Jeff Green. SF becomes a strength. Anderson plays the same position as the best player, he should be traded for better fits.

BOS out: Wallace, Jeff Green, Zeller

BOS in: Gordon, Ajinca, PHO lotto protected 1st

Rondo/Smart/Pressey
    Bradley/Thorton/Gordon
    Turner/Young
    Sully/Bass
    Olynyk/Ajinca/Fav

Boston moves Wallace's deal with Green and Zeller and gets back a nice 1st from PHO that should be between 15 and 17 this year or next. Stockpiling the assets.

PHO out: Gerald Green, Tolliver, lotto protected 1st

PHO in: Anderson

G.Dragic/IT/Ennis
    Bledsoe/Z.Dragic/Goodwin
    Marcus Morris/Tucker/Warren
    Anderson/Markieff/Randolph
    Plumlee/Len

Phoenix trades Gerald, who is playing well but expiring and due for a raise, along with a mid first for Ryan Anderson, who is a better version of Channing Frye and can really fill a void for them.

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! pelicanchamp's Avatar
    NO out: Anderson, Gordon, Ajinca

NO in: G. Green, J. Green, Wallace, Tolliver, Zeller

Holiday/Russ/Jimmer
    Reke/Rivers
    G.Green/J.Green/Wallace
    AD/Tolliver/Young
    Asik/Zeller/Withey

New Orleans gets Gerald, who is shooting well and would be a great fit with that athletic team, and swaps Anderson out for him while moving Gordon for Wallace's deal and Jeff Green. SF becomes a strength. Anderson plays the same position as the best player, he should be traded for better fits.

BOS out: Wallace, Jeff Green, Zeller

BOS in: Gordon, Ajinca, PHO lotto protected 1st

Rondo/Smart/Pressey
    Bradley/Thorton/Gordon
    Turner/Young
    Sully/Bass
    Olynyk/Ajinca/Fav

Boston moves Wallace's deal with Green and Zeller and gets back a nice 1st from PHO that should be between 15 and 17 this year or next. Stockpiling the assets.

PHO out: Gerald Green, Tolliver, lotto protected 1st

PHO in: Anderson

G.Dragic/IT/Ennis
    Bledsoe/Z.Dragic/Goodwin
    Marcus Morris/Tucker/Warren
    Anderson/Markieff/Randolph
    Plumlee/Len

Phoenix trades Gerald, who is playing well but expiring and due for a raise, along with a mid first for Ryan Anderson, who is a better version of Channing Frye and can really fill a void for them.
    Trade idea is pretty cool. I don't think PHX would give up the first with Green. Why would they?

Ryno has very high value. It is risky to trade him though. He's young and he's proven and has a great contract.

Quote Originally Posted by pelicanchamp View Post
    Ryno has very high value. It is risky to trade him though. He's young and he's proven and has a great contract.
    This is all true, but he is playing less than 30 minutes a game. He also plays behind our best player. We also lack depth to have such a luxury.

Quote Originally Posted by pelicanchamp View Post
    If it wasn't risky he wouldn't be worth trading.

Quote Originally Posted by da ThRONe View Post
    True

Quote Originally Posted by da ThRONe View Post
    Exactly lol

I totally like Ryno. But he, or he paired with someone else is the only way to fix our roster.

Perhaps Tyreke is 'foul's gold' there are some teams where his style wouldn't be problematic, in Golden State they could use him to the max cause everyone else on the roster can shoot lights out.
    http://basketball.realgm.com/tradech..._trade/6527291

Igoulada
    Speights
    Barnes

for

Ryno
    Tyreke
    Igoudala
    Barnes
    Jrue

Curry
    klay
    tyreke, draymond greene
    Lee, draymond green
    Bogut
    it works, and both teams fair equally in the result

Asik
    Davis

Quote Originally Posted by fullcourtpress View Post
    I totally like Ryno. But he, or he paired with someone else is the only way to fix our roster.

Perhaps Tyreke is 'foul's gold' there are some teams where his style wouldn't be problematic, in Golden State they could use him to the max cause everyone else on the roster can shoot lights out.

Igoulada
    Speights
    Barnes

for

Ryno
    Tyreke
    Igoudala
    Barnes
    Jrue

Curry
    klay
    tyreke, draymond greene
    Lee, draymond green
    Bogut

Asik
    Davis
    I have a headache now

Quote Originally Posted by fullcourtpress View Post

Igoulada
    Speights
    Barnes

for

Ryno
    Tyreke
    Igoudala
    Barnes
    Jrue

Curry
    klay
    tyreke, draymond greene
    Lee, draymond green
    Bogut

Asik
    Davis
    Good thing you added the link. Just based off the post I had no idea what was going on. As for the trade I don't see us getting Barnes and Iguodala it's likely one or the other. Not a terrible trade either way. But I doubt they'd want to disturb what's working for them.

Quote Originally Posted by UNO Gracias View Post
    Where do I sign for George Karl?
    The old folks home.

Quote Originally Posted by Kibner View Post
    The old folks home.
    Lol..funny but I must say. I think for certain he coaches again.

If u look deep into that trade just ryno and tyreke are outscoring and out assisting all 3 of those warrior players combined in less minutes too

Jimeert Freedet 4 Prez IamQuailman's Avatar
    bump

Thread Information