Pelicans Report

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Ryan Anderson is...

Ryan Anderson is...

So frustrating to watch! He would have to have a career shooting night every night to make up for what he gives up on his defense. I swear every one looks like Jordan on this guy.
    And he feels his self too much, he shoots every time he touches it. Fade away 17 footers with guards on him. He takes the worse shots on the team by far. He's more of a ball stopper than Melo with half the talent. Monty needs to keep him check.
    I love the guy, good person but man he kills us.

So we have topics complaing about Omer Asik and Ryan Anderson

aka the only two other players outside of AD that can play basketball on the Pelicans

Saint Pelican of Mile High Contributor DefensiveMind's Avatar
    Add him to the list of.players Monty needs to check, but it won't happen to much emotion involved there.

Ryno is the hero we deserve.

Just kidding, nobody deserves that.
    If you Jimmer it, they will come.

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonPelicans View Post
    So frustrating to watch! He would have to have a career shooting night every night to make up for what he gives up on his defense. I swear every one looks like Jordan on this guy.
    And he feels his self too much, he shoots every time he touches it. Fade away 17 footers with guards on him. He takes the worse shots on the team by far. He's more of a ball stopper than Melo with half the talent. Monty needs to keep him check.
    I love the guy, good person but man he kills us.
    Please explain the +6 over 30 minutes when the rest of the starters were AD -15, Tyreke -14, Miller -19, Asik -18, Holiday -6.

If what you say was even remotely accurate it would be reflected in the +/- to some degree. The fact of the matter is Ryno helps the team so tremendously on offense it more than makes up for average defense.

Also, the rest of the team did not make a single 3-point shot, which is a major concern for this team with Gordon out. The Pelicans are likely to see a dip in 3's attempted which can only hurt.
    Last edited by ItIsRynosTime; 11-25-2014 at 10:34 PM.

Ryno does give up some on defense. However, when he was playing Cousins, he was severely overmatched. I cannot believe that people are complaining about the one guy who defenses respect from beyond 18 feet.

Quote Originally Posted by ItIsRynosTime View Post
    Please explain the +6 over 30 minutes when the rest of the starters were AD -15, Tyreke -14, Miller -19, Asik -16, Holiday -6.

If what you say was even remotely accurate it would be reflected in the +/- to some degree. The fact of the matter is Ryno helps the team so tremendously on offense it more than makes up for average defense.
    Lol..you can't be serious. +/-?? I mean yea according to that John salmons was better for us than ad. You don't have a clue. Your obsession for a guy you don't even know has skewed your judgement. It's pretty weird actually.

Quote Originally Posted by PELICANSFAN View Post
    Ryno does give up some on defense. However, when he was playing Cousins, he was severely overmatched. I cannot believe that people are complaining about the one guy who defenses respect from beyond 18 feet.
    It's because he took more shots than AD? I think it's pretty funny that one of the few guys who had a good game gets criticized.

Quote Originally Posted by kclaboy504 View Post
    Lol..you can't be serious. +/-?? I mean yea according to that John salmons was better for us than ad. You don't have a clue. Your obsession for a guy you don't even know has skewed your judgement. It's pretty weird actually.
    *yawn* +6 over 30 minutes is significantly more meaningful then +6 over 10 minutes. I didn't see the game unfortunately but I will take a guess that Salmons was only in against the Kings bench while Ryan Anderson plays a lot of minutes against the Kings starters.

If Ryno isn't going to take outside shots, who is?

Quote Originally Posted by Perth_Hornet View Post
    If Ryno isn't going to take outside shots, who is?
    Nobody said Ryno shouldn't take outside shots. But he needs to realize that his bread is buttered when the main options get theres. He needs to understand that fall away jump shots are never an option. He needs to understand how his presences bends the D and that he needs to be helping bend that D. he's the 1 guy whose shot will be there at 24 on the shot clock, 14 and 4. There's absolutely no reason to take the first thing the D gives EVERY single time.

When Ryno entered the game the Pelicans were already down 19-9 with 3:27 left in the 1st quarter. By halftime the Pelicans tied up the score.

When Ryno entered the game with 4:41 left in the 3rd quarter, the Pelicans were down 6. By the end of the 3rd quarter the Pelicans were down 5.

It isn't difficult to see that Ryno is getting into the game too late and the Pelicans are already down so he needs to start the game, it really is that simple.

How can the starters get worked over at home when the Kings are without Rudy Gay and Darren Collision?
    Last edited by ItIsRynosTime; 11-25-2014 at 11:33 PM.

How can the starters get worked over at home when the Kings are without Rudy Gay and Darren Collision?
    As someone who was there tonight we played with no energy, no anger, with complete apathy , no sense of urgency and no pride. By the late third you could tell it was over. Davis was just wandering around at breaks or fouls, smaking gum or his mouth guard or something. The team put in no effort on screens or plays. Me first ball rules the day. Davis became passive and just didt really care. Evans made mistake after mistake. Monty continued to let Ryno guard Cousins with Davis and Asik on the court.

That's how you lose to a depleted team, but not caring enough to win and doing your best to not play smart basketball.

As someone who was there tonight we played with no energy, no anger, with complete apathy , no sense of urgency and no pride. By the late third you could tell it was over. Davis was just wandering around at breaks or fouls, smaking gum or his mouth guard or something. The team put in no effort on screens or plays. Me first ball rules the day. Davis became passive and just didt really care. Evans made mistake after mistake. Monty continued to let Ryno guard Cousins with Davis and Asik on the court.

That's how you lose to a depleted team, but not caring enough to win and doing your best to not play smart basketball.

Quote Originally Posted by N.O.Bronco View Post

I'm glad I didn't see the game now. These are the games the Pelicans are expected to win to make the playoffs. It leads me to believe that Monty got outcoached losing to a short handed team. It was a tie game at half time. The five who started the game didn't work out in the 1st half. The head coach has to keep his players motivated and make necessary adjustments.

Why the hell would u put ryno on cousins if asik was on the court? I guess asik isnt 100% and they didnt want him taking a beating, I can understand that.

I think we lost because salmons is a bad 3pt shooter personally.

I don't remember people complaining about us putting Ryno on Cousins last season when it took their team out of rhythm and stagnated their offense but that's just me.

Winning hides it. Losing brings it out.
    Quote Originally Posted by zakzak View Post
    that dumb Gentry killing Asik morale seriously man he is been good when you compare last season then suddenly he sits whole damn first half barely gets minutes what an idiot we need muscle wee need rebound he took of asik jones,ajinca they got no place on this team play Diallo at least he is decent.
    .......if healthy

@Jabberwalker

Quote Originally Posted by Jabberwalker View Post
    I don't remember people complaining about us putting Ryno on Cousins last season when it took their team out of rhythm and stagnated their offense but that's just me.

Winning hides it. Losing brings it out.
    It was dumb then, too.

Quote Originally Posted by HornetGuru View Post
    I think we lost because salmons is a bad 3pt shooter personally.
    Missed 9 FT's and 3-17 from 3pt is the reason we lost.

Shoot 35% from 3 and 75% FT and we win.

Missed 9 FT's and 3-17 from 3pt is the reason we lost.

Shoot 35% from 3 and 75% FT and we win.
    Lol I was just making a joke pertaining to another thread.

Can't wait for the AD backlash.

And if you don't think its coming, then you don't know our fans.
    @mcnamara247

Quote Originally Posted by MichaelMcNamara View Post

He is terrible, shot 33%! We should bench him. Maybe even a trade but idk if he has any value around the league. Maybe AD for gerald or draymond green?

Maybe even a sign and trade for kawhi leonard? It would fix our sf problem!

Quote Originally Posted by MichaelMcNamara View Post

If AD inexplicably starts hoisting 19 footers out of nowhere, repeatedly gets burned on defense, and acts like he doesn't know how to run an offensive set I'll be the first one in line.

Thread Information