Pelicans Report

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Ryan Anderson is...

Quote Originally Posted by jcamp5 View Post
    Are you representing the Pelicans in a national way? Maybe you're someone I'm not aware of, but probably not. I'm not saying MM is the only intelligent fan. And intellectualized thought and intelligence are not the same thing; you're taking offense to something I never said.

I have a challenge. I'll give you 24 hours to create an interesting, nuanced question for Pelicans fans to answer that is valid to the team currently. It can not be an obvious question, and it has to be particular and direct to our current team. If you can come up with one, I'll leave the board forever. If you can't, I'll never bring it up - you have nothing at stake. I just want you to begin to appreciate what MM does.
    http://www.pelicansreport.com/showth...mps-worse-move

Are you representing the Pelicans in a national way? Maybe you're someone I'm not aware of, but probably not. I'm not saying MM is the only intelligent fan. And intellectualized thought and intelligence are not the same thing; you're taking offense to something I never said.

I have a challenge. I'll give you 24 hours to create an interesting, nuanced question for Pelicans fans to answer that is valid to the team currently. It can not be an obvious question, and it has to be particular and direct to our current team. If you can come up with one, I'll leave the board forever. If you can't, I'll never bring it up - you have nothing at stake. I just want you to begin to appreciate what MM does.
    Also I directly quoted what you said so how can you say I'm taking offense to something you never said?

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonPelicans View Post
    I agree that MM contributes a lot to this board and fan base. But to say he's the ONLY "true skeptic, or intellectually motivated thinker, associated to our team" is ridiculous and I personally take offense to that. There are many intelligent posters on this board, that is why we all come to this board faithfully.
    Thanks for calling me intelligent.

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonPelicans View Post
    Also I directly quoted what you said so how can you say I'm taking offense to something you never said?
    Because you're offended because I said MM is the only representative of the Pelicans that is skeptical and intellectually focused. You are not a representative of the Pelicans. At least not in the way I described. Also calling someone intellectually focused is not calling them intelligent, which is what you were offended by, implying that I was saying you were not intelligent.

And that question you raised in the link... You should buy a Webster's and look up the following terms: interesting, nuanced, valid, obvious, intellectual, philosophical, intelligence.

But, I appreciate your effort, and will honor our deal.

Saint Pelican of Mile High Contributor DefensiveMind's Avatar
    First Happy Thanksgiving to all!

I just want to say I appreciate his contributions, but lots of fans here have an intense relationship with this team. We all contribute in our own ways to the world of Pelican fandom. Not all are created equal. I understand this. I do not have the requisite knowledge, skills, and ability to provide the content that MM and his peers do for all Pelicans fans to enjoy. I took offense to one thing and one thing only: The comment he made about us taking our frustrations out on AD. It was a poor attempt on his part to downplay our frustrations with the team and that's not his job. My reactions were emotional and bit over the edge, I agree. But the points that I raised were valid and we'll thought out. It was not JUST emotional ranting. So because he's a respected blogger he's allowed to get emotional about our injury luck, but I'm not allowed to say that Ryan Anderson will probably not be on this team when we win a title in the AD era? His emotional roller coaster with this team is acceptable but mine is mocked? Nah, bruh. My fandom is just as important, maybe not to all, but it's personal for me. Debate the merits of my argument or ignore me. Don't try to play me. When he had his public roller coaster, most of us encouraged him and thanked him for what he the others do for Pelican basketball. Only a few knuckleheads were out of line. Just sayin..

Jimeert Freedet 4 Prez IamQuailman's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by UptownFuz504 View Post
    MM, is that you?

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by DefensiveMind View Post
    You're a hypocrite of epic proportions. Calling you the voice of reason was sarcasm. You've had meltdowns in the last 12 months regarding: the level of investment you put in this team, people not reading well thought out arguments, our injury luck, and getting off msg boards/social media.

I've got news for you buddy. You are not the only person that spends their personal time, money, and energy rooting on this team. And you should know more than anybody that sometimes you lose focus on why you do it, but don't come here spouting your holier than thou BS when other people go through their own emotional roller coaster with this team.

And lastly, the criticisms made of this team here tonight are completely valid. Whether you chose to bless them with your agreement or not.
    +1

I think we can all agree that we appreciate his contributions, but MM is a huge hypocrite and thinks his opinion is the only one that should carry any weight because he just does more work to formulate it. He's condescending and preaches his opinions as fact. The opinions one this board do get carried away, and I think Anderson had no business on Cousins. But MM is routinely condescending about any opinion that he doesn't share and then when anyone calls him out he either gets disrespectful and alludes that people are dumb or cries and goes into hiding. It's ridiculous. This is a message board. He has been wrong on plenty of things and at the end of the day his opinion is just that, an opinion of a fan, just like everyone else here.

The Kings game was atrocious, but I put a lot of that on coaching. When you choose to put Ryno on Cousins and the first play he puts him under the basket and dunks on him, that should tell you not to let him guard him for the rest of the game. He was put in a position to fail. I am hoping it just takes time to gel and we can start playing consistent good basketball, but that game was ugly. I think after about 20 games we can start to make assessments of the team as a whole. New guys all playing together takes time.

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! pelicanchamp's Avatar
    MM, is that you?
    I think it's him. Actually it's bizarre and painfully obvious. The personality and writing style gives it away. Also, the fact that we rarely see that name posting on here is the other clue.

Quote Originally Posted by NewOrleansBBall View Post
    I'm not defending anyone but could it be....that Ryan was given the green light to shoot because he is probably the main spark off the bench?

Also I was there at that game and Asik just didn't look like himself. He seemed to be shying away from the pounding and bumping. I'm assuming that was because of his back.

If really, AD looked like he was kinda sick. Not sure but maybe these things factored in.
    To get back on track of the post...

He may have the green light, but I hope it is not a green light for taking poor shots. I think that is where most of the frustration with Anderson comes from.

Take a good shot. A high quality shot. If you don't have one, pass the ball. Could it actually be that simple?

Because you're offended because I said MM is the only representative of the Pelicans that is skeptical and intellectually focused. You are not a representative of the Pelicans. At least not in the way I described. Also calling someone intellectually focused is not calling them intelligent, which is what you were offended by, implying that I was saying you were not intelligent.

And that question you raised in the link... You should buy a Webster's and look up the following terms: interesting, nuanced, valid, obvious, intellectual, philosophical, intelligence.

But, I appreciate your effort, and will honor our deal.
    I knew whatever question I came up with you would say did not fit your criteria, no surprise here.

Man I'm not about to continue you to argue with you about a man like he is wearing a Pelican uniform. It's actually quite disturbing how much you are coming to his defense, fan boy.

Anyways what are your thoughts on Ryan? Do you share some of the same concerns I listed in the op?

Quote Originally Posted by HornetGuru View Post
    Thanks for calling me intelligent.
    You're welcome Guru. You are definitely one of my favorite posters.

Wait, why are people getting down on MM? We are all just people with no pull in the happenings of the franchise, and just spouting to c&r opinions, so why get upset about what one person says over another? It's not like the opinion will change the price of a seat, who we trade for, or who the coach is. Let's all just remember how small we are in the grand scheme of the Pelicans, and let's appreciate that.

For the record, MM lives in Utah. I am Mormon and I lived in Utah. I wouldn't want to move back, so I sure do respect somebody willing to live their by their own free will.
    If you Jimmer it, they will come.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by UNO Gracias View Post
    Wait, why are people getting down on MM? We are all just people with no pull in the happenings of the franchise, and just spouting to c&r opinions, so why get upset about what one person says over another? It's not like the opinion will change the price of a seat, who we trade for, or who the coach is. Let's all just remember how small we are in the grand scheme of the Pelicans, and let's appreciate that.

For the record, MM lives in Utah. I am Mormon and I lived in Utah. I wouldn't want to move back, so I sure do respect somebody willing to live their by their own free will.
    Speaking strictly for myself, I appreciate his insight and writing, it's great. However, anytime anyone airs a grievance or complaint about something that he doesn't feel the same way about he is very condescending and acts like a know-it-all. He routinely holds his opinion out as gospel because he thinks he does all the leg work and not one else knows as much as he does. Instead of respecting that others know what they are talking about, yet reach a different conclusion, he is rude and demeaning and then cries when people say negative things about him. For a guy that has no issue with disrespecting other's opinions, he sure is sensitive when people call his into question.

There is no reason to make comments that the fan base as a whole is a bunch of whinny people who know nothing. He think that he is the only one validated in making complaints because he knows more, which is false. If you don't agree with something someone says then just address the argument; no need to always come with little quips about how dumb and whinny people are. Either join the conversation or save it.

Quote Originally Posted by pelicanchamp View Post
    I think it's him. Actually it's bizarre and painfully obvious. The personality and writing style gives it away. Also, the fact that we rarely see that name posting on here is the other clue.
    Both of you see. Pretty pathetic just putting that out there and I mean you and "uptown"

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! pelicanchamp's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by notime View Post
    Both of you see. Pretty pathetic just putting that out there and I mean you and "uptown"
    There's plenty of weird unnecessary drama on here. I am looking forward to the PELS vs CAVS. I'll be there for that one.

The people getting mad at what MM said are the people that act like the sky is falling with every bad thing. I thought his post was funny and completely true. I don't agree with everything he says and never will just like with everyone else. The guy has done a lot for this site and given everyone here a voice so he deserves some respect. Too many people get their panties in a wad and try to bring up a past "meltdown" which is ridiculous. No matter how much I disagree with you MM thanks for what you and the other writers do for the site!

Quote Originally Posted by saintsinNO View Post
    +1

I think we can all agree that we appreciate his contributions, but MM is a huge hypocrite and thinks his opinion is the only one that should carry any weight because he just does more work to formulate it. He's condescending and preaches his opinions as fact. The opinions one this board do get carried away, and I think Anderson had no business on Cousins. But MM is routinely condescending about any opinion that he doesn't share and then when anyone calls him out he either gets disrespectful and alludes that people are dumb or cries and goes into hiding. It's ridiculous. This is a message board. He has been wrong on plenty of things and at the end of the day his opinion is just that, an opinion of a fan, just like everyone else here.

The Kings game was atrocious, but I put a lot of that on coaching. When you choose to put Ryno on Cousins and the first play he puts him under the basket and dunks on him, that should tell you not to let him guard him for the rest of the game. He was put in a position to fail. I am hoping it just takes time to gel and we can start playing consistent good basketball, but that game was ugly. I think after about 20 games we can start to make assessments of the team as a whole. New guys all playing together takes time.
    Everything you are saying is so ridiculous. Yes he can be smart with people cause the work he puts in to knowing what he is talking about could get a little aggravating when he gets attacked by someone who knows very little to nothing. The only problem people have is that he is not allowed to be a fan for some reason and get in a argument with others cause he runs the site. He is just like most of us and should be allowed to argue or say what he wants. Everyone wants him to back down and be held to some higher standard like he's not allowed to be smarter then who he is talking to when every fan here does the same. God forbid MM argue with a fan and try to be right while he gets attacked for being wrong. Let him attack every fan for being wrong and see what happens.
    Last edited by GuardianAngel25; 11-28-2014 at 04:54 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by DefensiveMind View Post
    If AD inexplicably starts hoisting 19 footers out of nowhere, repeatedly gets burned on defense, and acts like he doesn't know how to run an offensive set I'll be the first one in line.
    AD has played like that before. He still has terrible games on defense where he hesitates or relies on his gifts instead of fighting to stay in the proper position to defend.

He has also had many games where he missed nearly every 15+ footer but took still took a bunch.
    Quote Originally Posted by durun View Post
    It's simple, Asik can't defend anyone five feet from the basket even if healthy. DMC would go right around Asik and dunk over RA. So Monty took the lesser evil.
    Asik is actually one of the more effective centers against mobile bigs. He's not Noah, but more than holds his own against bigs with dribble moves. He wasn't healthy enough to do so last game, though.

Quote Originally Posted by Kibner View Post
    AD has played like that before. He still has terrible games on defense where he hesitates or relies on his gifts instead of fighting to stay in the proper position to defend.

He has also had many games where he missed nearly every 15+ footer but took still took a bunch.
    He is 21 years old! He has had many games where he kept missing 15+ footer but still takes them? That is a good thing and shows confidence. He has also shown the ability to adjust when he isn't making them and going to other spots while constantly shooting 50%+ from the field. Just doesn't make since cause he misses a few to stop shooting them. We need him to keep firing when he has space for the floor to open up. If he misses them o well its called a bad night.

Quote Originally Posted by notime View Post
    I just said what I said as a joke but since you dragged me into this fight, you wanna know what's pathetic? What's pathetic is 1 grown man defending another grown man that basically created this unlikable persona (I don't know him personally so he may be a swell guy. I can just go by the tone of his posts) and you coming on here to defend both of them. They don't need your help when they're dishing it out so don't help them when they're on the other end.
    The most overused words on Pelicansreport.com. Wrongly, I might add.

ELITE - (often used with a plural verb) the choice or best of anything considered collectively, as of a group or class of persons.

GREAT - notable; remarkable; exceptionally outstanding

These words should not be used lightly

I just said what I said as a joke but since you dragged me into this fight, you wanna know what's pathetic? What's pathetic is 1 grown man defending another grown man that basically created this unlikable persona (I don't know him personally so he may be a swell guy. I can just go by the tone of his posts) and you coming on here to defend both of them. They don't need your help when they're dishing it out so don't help them when they're on the other end.
    Oh **** mad u are relax you must

Quote Originally Posted by GuardianAngel25 View Post
    Everything you are saying is so ridiculous. Yes he can be smart with people cause the work he puts in to knowing what he is talking about could get a little aggravating when he gets attacked by someone who knows very little to nothing. The only problem people have is that he is not allowed to be a fan for some reason and get in a argument with others cause he runs the site. He is just like most of us and should be allowed to argue or say what he wants. Everyone wants him to back down and be held to some higher standard like he's not allowed to be smarter then who he is talking to when every fan here does the same. God forbid MM argue with a fan and try to be right while he gets attacked for being wrong. Let him attack every fan for being wrong and see what happens.
    Everything that you said is true. IMO, where MM goes wrong is when he talks down to people and basically belittles them. 42 has the same problem. If you're going to be the resident expert and make statements like the only place that you can get good Pels info is at BSS, you have to be able to teach and respond to fans in a respectable manner, which MM often does not. I have no problems with him. I enjoy sparring with him from time to time but I definitely get where some are coming from. The guy from The Bird Writes that posts here occasionally never has negative undertones in his responses. IMO, that's the issue with MM. Not his knowledge but the way that he imparts his wisdom. At the end of the day, it's text. We don't know his intent. We can only interpret for ourselves how he meant it.

Banned
    It has nothing to do with him 'being a fan' or having a different opinion. The guy is a know it all and is condescending when people have a different opinion. Simply put, he thinks his opinion is fact because he think he's the only one who knows anything or does the research and is disrespectful to anyone who doesn't share his sentiment. On top of that, when someone calls him on that he cries about it and goes into hiding. It's ridiculous. The dude is condescending, period.

As soon as you see a GuardianAngel post, you know the first sentence is more likely than not to include an insult of sorts. Get off your high horse bro.

"I'm not going to allow my putative owner to answer that question, this is an NBA related press conference. Paul Tagliabue and Roger Goodell have collectively sung their praises of Tom and if uh ESPN has a problem with that tell Mr. Skipper to call me at my office."

MM, is that you?
    Lmao. I thought the same thing.

Thread Information