Pelicans Report

Thread: Pelicans would have to be the only team in the league stupid enough to

Pelicans would have to be the only team in the league stupid enough to

Not get the second leading scorer in the NBA involved in a game after a 43 point burst..
    Davis had to basically force shots up to try get himself going because he was constantly wide open and no one was giving it to him, making him visibly frustrated and out of the game..

Why is our team like this? quite frankly i'm so certain we need a rebuild because i cant see this team working together at all, it hasn't worked to start the season and it didn't work last year, to bad Dell is stupid enough to give these players long term contracts.
    And don't say it does, because when you have the best player in the league and your only 7-5 there is a problem, much like there is with cleveland aswell.

I'm the first to jump on the, tyreke needs to be traded bandwagon because i've never been more frustrated with how a player plays like him.

Saint Pelican of Mile High Contributor DefensiveMind's Avatar
    Tyreke is the single biggest reason we will be stuck in 44 win hell. He has one speed, one motive and that's it. I'm tired of watching him play basketball like a cocky high schooler.

let me just add.. omri casspi the dude we waived, and ramon sessions took more shots than davis tonight.. let that sink in.

Hate to say it, and his play is less than defensible today, but Tyreke is not the reason we lost this game tonight.

Every player on this team played poorly tonight. As far as players given the green light to chuck, this is all on the coach.

Jimeert Freedet 4 Prez IamQuailman's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Pantazis76 View Post
    Not get the second leading scorer in the NBA involved in a game after a 43 point burst..
    Davis had to basically force shots up to try get himself going because he was constantly wide open and no one was giving it to him, making him visibly frustrated and out of the game..

Why is our team like this? quite frankly i'm so certain we need a rebuild because i cant see this team working together at all, it hasn't worked to start the season and it didn't work last year, to bad Dell is stupid enough to give these players long term contracts.
    And don't say it does, because when you have the best player in the league and your only 7-5 there is a problem, much like there is with cleveland aswell.

I'm the first to jump on the, tyreke needs to be traded bandwagon because i've never been more frustrated with how a player plays like him.
    AW YEA I KNEW A LOSS MEANT ANOTHER RANT THREAD BY PANTINAZI! MY FAVORITE TIME OF THE YEAR!~

Saint Pelican of Mile High Contributor DefensiveMind's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by NDHornet View Post
    Hate to say it, and his play is less than defensible today, but Tyreke is not the reason we lost this game tonight.

Every player on this team played poorly tonight. As far as players given the green light to chuck, this is all on the coach.
    uhh did you see the stretch of the game where Tyreke misses two free throws, misses a layup, and then forces a pass that everyone saw coming on a span 4 possessions when we were only down by 7.

Quote Originally Posted by IamQuailman View Post
    AW YEA I KNEW A LOSS MEANT ANOTHER RANT THREAD BY PANTINAZI! MY FAVORITE TIME OF THE YEAR!~
    Pantazis* sorry, autocorrect again

Quote Originally Posted by IamQuailman View Post
    Pantazis* sorry, autocorrect again
    yeah right

Quote Originally Posted by AUSSIE_PELICAN View Post
    yeah right
    Srs

Ryno and Reke took more shots than AD.

Bravo guys! Now it's not even like Westbrook bypassing Durant, this is like Ibaka and Perkins bypassing Westbrook and Durant.
    If you Jimmer it, they will come.

Quote Originally Posted by UNO Gracias View Post

Bravo guys! Now it's not even like Westbrook bypassing Durant, this is like Ibaka and Perkins bypassing Westbrook and Durant.
    Lol
    The most overused words on Pelicansreport.com. Wrongly, I might add.

ELITE - (often used with a plural verb) the choice or best of anything considered collectively, as of a group or class of persons.

GREAT - notable; remarkable; exceptionally outstanding

These words should not be used lightly

Exactly. Perfect analogy.

Did we watch the same game? AD was frustrating the heck out of me. Every time he touched the ball, he would give it up. He acted as if he did not want the ball. He was very passive on offense tonight. However, I think the point about Tyreke is right on. Overall, this team has too many individuals and not enough team players. My concern is that both Tyreke and Jrue just do not fit. They seem to want to do their own thing and try to be the stars.

Quote Originally Posted by Pantazis76 View Post
    let me just add.. omri casspi the dude we waived, and ramon sessions took more shots than davis tonight.. let that sink in.
    I don't care what some said about Casspi not being worth keeping. After watching him play this year, he is better than anything we have on this team at the 3 other than Tyreke (who is really not a 3). He would have garnered a lot of minutes on this team.

Quote Originally Posted by PELICANSFAN View Post
    Did we watch the same game? AD was frustrating the heck out of me. Every time he touched the ball, he would give it up. He acted as if he did not want the ball. He was very passive on offense tonight. However, I think the point about Tyreke is right on. Overall, this team has too many individuals and not enough team players. My concern is that both Tyreke and Jrue just do not fit. They seem to want to do their own thing and try to be the stars.
    I was actually saying the same thing to myself tonight. He seemed to be very passive tonight and not himself. I think holiday will be just fine on this team. Reke needs to go tho. Ryno needs to learn better shot selection if he is to stay. Those horrible 17-18 ft fadeaways over 6ft guards are the most ridiculous shots. He has been a very bad ball stopper so far this year. Yes he was over matched by cousins as is everyone, but what about Carl Landry for christs sake?? The guys was scoring with ease and doing what he wanted with Ryno. That's horrible. This ain't Landry 6-7 years ago.

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!!
    Im guessing the coaches told Anderson to shoot as much as possible. The Pelicans aren't a good shooting team and started with low FG%, he's the only guy (besides AD) with a nice jumper. Although the coaches have also probably noticed he's forcing it up too much now and it will get addressed.

After hearing the postgame interviews AD was clearly sick. I sat four rows back and initially posted last night how I thought AD looked disinterested, had no energy, wasn't speaking and seemed aloof but on having that context given to me his behavior now seems to git perfectly with what a sick person trying to play a high energy sport would look like in between bursts.

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! Tinman's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by PELICANSFAN View Post
    Um, Evans was 10-17 shooting ! Thats 60% (and three of the misses were 3 pt shots !) 1 of those was a 50 footer due to shot clock ! Anderson on, Anderson off ! hes a streaky 3 point shooter ! WOW, thats odd ! He also had to guard Cousins last night ! Thats not possible ! Evans had 7 rebounds, 4 assists & 5 TO's in 37 minutes & its his FAULT ? This team is 2nd in the league in not committing TO's !

As far Asik getting burned by Cousins ! NOT TRUE ! Cousins scored 25% of his points against Davis & Anderson & hit 5 shots in the 15-18 ft range ! I'll let him shoot that all night !

Reke was 10-17 ! Whats wrong with that !?

Yeah AD was passive last night, it has nothing to do with the team overall. This rant is a waste of time.

Quote Originally Posted by Pelican_Brief View Post
    Yeah AD was passive last night, it has nothing to do with the team overall. This rant is a waste of time.
    At times rants are good, but this one is goofy ! Reke played well, as did Anderson (guarding Cousins is Monty's fault) ! Asik allowed 3 baskets underneath ! Cousins was hitting longer mid range jumpers last night ! His shot to points scored ratio was not GOOD ! Looka, when the biggest engine on your ship is sputtering, your bound to crash, no matter how well the other engines perform ! Submarine just wont get to the surface as fast ! GUESS WHAT >. It didnt !

Quote Originally Posted by Tinman View Post
    At times rants are good, but this one is goofy ! Reke played well, as did Anderson (guarding Cousins is Monty's fault) ! Asik allowed 3 baskets underneath ! Cousins was hitting longer mid range jumpers last night ! His shot to points scored ratio was not GOOD ! Looka, when the biggest engine on your ship is sputtering, your bound to crash, no matter how well the other engines perform ! Submarine just wont get to the surface as fast ! GUESS WHAT >. It didnt !
    Same stuff, different thread. People need a scapegoat and Tyreke is the easiest target (despite having the best game of anyone on our team, of course). AD, Ryno, and Asik playing poorly (regardless of the reason) seems to have no bearing on the loss.

Quote Originally Posted by NDHornet View Post
    Same stuff, different thread. People need a scapegoat and Tyreke is the easiest target (despite having the best game of anyone on our team, of course). AD, Ryno, and Asik playing poorly (regardless of the reason) seems to have no bearing on the loss.
    Exactly how does Ryno going 20-5 on 50% from the field, 43% from 3, and perfect from the FT indicate he played poorly against Sac?

AD was sick last night. Monty said most people wouldn't have played.

"I don't know if people know — I dislocated my pinkie finger. And [Tyreke] told me, 'You wanna go home or you wanna be here?' I want to be here. And he said, 'All right, then go tape it up and let's play. Let's go. We not stoppin' at no stores. Straight gas. That's what we do, just keep going.'"

http://thebasketbawlblog.com/

Thread Information