Pelicans Report

Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 LastLast

Thread: Game Thread: Kings vs Pelicans 7pm Ct

Lousy shot Ryno.

Saint Pelican of Mile High Contributor DefensiveMind's Avatar
    We make so many excuses when this team plays poorly. How many good looks have we just missed? How many times has Sacramento played really good D? It's easy to look like crap when you play a team game as a bunch of individuals. Even in our wins we play like that and THEN if AD doesn't play well or the shots don't fall we look like trash. This team is fundamentally flawed and that's before you start poking holes in rosters and skill sets. I mean look at that shot by Ryan. Why?

Quote Originally Posted by IVAN_NOH View Post
    we had casspi, and we decided to keep miller.Bower's style.
    Yeah I was caught off guard when we released Casspi. I thought he was an ideal fix when we knew our biggest need was at the 3 spot.

I think Anderson just shots the ball regardless of play called. There was no one on the glass not one person WTF.

A Soulful Sports Fan Contributor Eman5805's Avatar
    Yeah. I'm about making up my mind about Ryno and our long term outlook.

Unfortunately, this is a classic "Tyreke puts up good stats on a bad team" kind of night.

Kings seems to have our number, been that way since last season, Cousins just matches up well with Davis, similar to the Deron CP3 match up we used to deal with.
    Quote Originally Posted by Eman5805 View Post
    Impossible. The octopus that lives in my brain hasn't squibbered anything about it to me.

Also, that's how octopi talk. They squibber. Yes, it's a word. Shut up.

When 1/5 of your starter gets you 0s across the board and 3 fouls it's hard to do anything.

When AD shoots 33% from the field it's hard to do anything.

When you give up 8 steals, 9 TOs, the other team shoots 91% from FT, 49% from the field it's hard to do anything.

This was a Poor game by our players outside of Ryno, Reke, and a couple bench guys.

I don't think so, we just beat them in their house. That doesn't sound like number owning. I will say a healthy Asik would be much better against Cousins then a bad back one.

Quote Originally Posted by Eman5805 View Post
    Yeah. I'm about making up my mind about Ryno and our long term outlook.
    Welcome to the darkside my friend....
    The most overused words on Pelicansreport.com. Wrongly, I might add.

ELITE - (often used with a plural verb) the choice or best of anything considered collectively, as of a group or class of persons.

GREAT - notable; remarkable; exceptionally outstanding

These words should not be used lightly

It sucks when the assistant coach for the other team shows himself to be far superior to the head coach for your squad.

The problem tonight is the team felt Gordon's injury. We have no replacement for him. Plus, Holiday and Evans just played like "guys" when they need to up their game to near all-star levels.

The missed open shots and boneheaded plays have got to stop by those two. Especially with Gordon out for a while if for the whole season.

Quote Originally Posted by Pelican_Brief View Post
    I don't think so, we just beat them in their house. That doesn't sound like number owning. I will say a healthy Asik would be much better against Cousins then a bad back one.
    Asik wasn't the difference. Our players came out flat and did nothing. Our usual star AD has an off night. I'm already ready to see Salmons get a chance to start. He might actually grab a rebound or assist or something compared to Miller.

Quote Originally Posted by DefensiveMind View Post
    We make so many excuses when this team plays poorly. How many good looks have we just missed? How many times has Sacramento played really good D? It's easy to look like crap when you play a team game as a bunch of individuals. Even in our wins we play like that and THEN if AD doesn't play well or the shots don't fall we look like trash. This team is fundamentally flawed and that's before you start poking holes in rosters and skill sets. I mean look at that shot by Ryan. Why?
    I've always felt like this team isn't well constructed. Asik is a great fit next to Davis and Anderson a great fit with Davis on offense. Other than that IMO this team doesn't complement each other well.

Quote Originally Posted by da ThRONe View Post
    I've always felt like this team isn't well constructed. Asik is a great fit next to Davis and Anderson a great fit with Davis on offense. Other than that IMO this team doesn't complement each other well.
    Bingo....Dell showing up at Reke's crib at midnight must have been a Google maps error. He should have been sitting outside of a SF's house

Quote Originally Posted by da ThRONe View Post
    After 15 games, I'm seeing the light. I like Jrue as he is a go with the flow kinda guy who will take on the identity of the guys he is surrounded by, but Tyreke needs to go and I'm pretty certain I would be okay with giving up Ryan to get rid of Gordon once he's healthy. He's out of shape, doesn't play D. and his decision making is mind boggling. I expect him to be a guy that helps keep the younger guys on the straight and narrow and too many times he's the guy to veer us of course. Just bad fits all around.

Typical overreactions after a loss.

Is it to soon to whisper fire monty?
    If you Jimmer it, they will come.

Quote Originally Posted by UNO Gracias View Post
    Is it to soon to whisper fire monty?
    Mike Budenholzer, Jeff Hornacek, Jason Kidd (2x), Mike Malone and Steve Clifford all have smug looks on their faces.

Banned
    If Jimmer doesn't get 10 shots a game we are doomed.

Quote Originally Posted by Asteptooslow View Post
    If Jimmer doesn't get 10 shots a game we are doomed.
    If AD isn't getting as many shots as Ryno and Evans you have bigger problems than Jimmer not getting touches.

Quote Originally Posted by UNO Gracias View Post
    If AD isn't getting as many shots as Ryno and Evans you have bigger problems than Jimmer not getting touches.
    Best post of the night

Quote Originally Posted by Mythrol View Post
    Sac shooting 51% from the field doesn't help us any.
    And neither did AD having a fever and bad headcold.
    Season ticket holder since 2002
    Mostly just trying to satisfy my OCD tendencies by getting to 3,000 posts

We lost a game to a good team. We shot abysmally, and had a number of things go against us (Kings FT%, Casspi, etc.). Sometimes this happens. Doesn't mean we need to clean house. We all know the Kings are a tough matchup for us, as evidenced 1 week ago in our win in Sac. Let's move on.

Quote Originally Posted by DRDJ1 View Post
    And neither did AD having a fever and bad headcold.
    And he still played 38 min. 38 min 12 shots.
    Reke 38 min 17 shots.
    Ryno 30 min 14 shots.

Thread Information