Pelicans Report

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Darius Miller will start and Tyreke will be at the 2.

Quote Originally Posted by AD23nEG10 View Post
    i know he practiced a little yesterday, which is an improvement. if i had to put money on it i would say he plays tonight
    Weird. With the news of Gay out I'd think odds are very low Asik plays. Let him rest one more game. Cousins by himself won't be able to carry their team to a win.

I know Darius didn't show out in preseason, but I'm still interested in seeing him as the starting three, mainly because it allows Tyreke to move to his natural position and play next to Jrue, which has been a good combo in the backcourt. It also doesn't disrupt the bench like moving Austin into the starting line up would. And if you really want a complimentary "3-n-D" guy at SF, Miller may be the best option. Like Luke's shot and hustle, but he can't guard most opposing 3s. Salmon's has shown so little, it's very disappointing. He looks like he's going through the motions. Miller showed some good things at the end of last year. Let's see if he can take step forward, knock down some shots and improve on the boards. If not, you can shuffle again.

I like Darius starting. If he can keep his fouling down, he is a better defender than Babbit and Salmons, and he won't be asked to do anything but stand in the corner and shoot 3s or pump fake drive and kick. He's good at those 2 things.

Shouldn't hurt our lineup too much, and it keeps our bench unit together to keep learning.

Milller sucks at grabbing boards, so we will defintely need him to be somewhat productive with the three ball and hustle. Or just good passing at least. Sigh my expectations is so low for this guy, but im truly rooting for him.
    CAW CAW!!!

-Founder and valuable member of the Caw Caw Boyz-

A Soulful Sports Fan Contributor Eman5805's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by jhow0036 View Post

I'd rather he come back only when fully healthy. A back ain't something to toy with. Granted. At some point, he has to play just to keep his conditioning up. So I'll just need to trust our staff.

Quote Originally Posted by Silverfoxx View Post
    Milller sucks at grabbing boards, so we will defintely need him to be somewhat productive with the three ball and hustle. Or just good passing at least. Sigh my expectations is so low for this guy, but im truly rooting for him.
    not as much of an issue with Asik on the floor... Gordon was only averaging 2 a game, just gotta hope Reke's boards don't take a dip while he plays the 2 but I dont expect them to. Stephenson rebounds well at the 2 for Charlotte.

Quote Originally Posted by CarnbY View Post
    I'm surprised but relieved. Thought Babbit would start, and I cringe every time I see him come on the floor now, his defense is just atrocious. Defensively I expect Miller to do an adequate job, and if he hits a few 3's I'll take that as a bonus.
    You and me both. Yes he has been great at shooting the 3 but this guy deserves nothing more then a few garbage bench minutes a game. He has to be the most spastic looking NBA player I have ever seen. He should be used as a spark for some 3s at the stretch 4 but him coming in guarding a starting 3 is the only rotation I do not like Monty has done or understand at all. Besides that I think Monty has been great with his rotations and use of players. I just would like to see Babbit come as a late bench guy instead of the 1st one off the bench like we have seen multiple times.

Quote Originally Posted by new city champ View Post
    I know Darius didn't show out in preseason, but I'm still interested in seeing him as the starting three, mainly because it allows Tyreke to move to his natural position and play next to Jrue, which has been a good combo in the backcourt. It also doesn't disrupt the bench like moving Austin into the starting line up would. And if you really want a complimentary "3-n-D" guy at SF, Miller may be the best option. Like Luke's shot and hustle, but he can't guard most opposing 3s. Salmon's has shown so little, it's very disappointing. He looks like he's going through the motions. Miller showed some good things at the end of last year. Let's see if he can take step forward, knock down some shots and improve on the boards. If not, you can shuffle again.
    I wanted to see Austin take Gordons role but I think it would kill our bench like you said. He can still get his extended minutes but he mite be more valuable off the bench as a spark when Miller isn't the same and is more suited for the role in the starting line up. I would have said start Darius at the 3 from the minute the injury happened but I honestly didn't think it was gonna be an option. He is perfect for what we need and he can cover the 2 guard if him and Tyreke happen to get switched off unlike Babbit. Hopefully Miller can be what we brought him in to be and turn into what we lost in Pondexter.

Quote Originally Posted by Eman5805 View Post
    I'd rather he come back only when fully healthy. A back ain't something to toy with. Granted. At some point, he has to play just to keep his conditioning up. So I'll just need to trust our staff.
    I was hoping he would sit and be fully healthy for the game this Friday in Atlanta. Since I am going to the game. Woot Woot!

Darius Miller good choice! Keep asik out and let him rest he doesn't need to bang against a very aggressive Cousins. is Patric Young an option? I'd really like to see that guy be a poor mans manimal. I also think Miller would play better D than Babbit but i could be wrong.

Well asik is active

Collinson is out also, i hope they come out playing hard.

1-6

We need to go on a winning streak so we can solidify a position in the top 8..
    I say wins against the Kings, Atlanta and Wizards would put us in a good position to take on the big dogs of the western conference after that

Darius gets an easier assignment tonight with Rudy gay out

I trust the staff on Asik. But the phrase "try and play" hasn't instilled confidence in me. Hopefully that's just the Twitter guys wording and not from the staff or Asik.

Quote Originally Posted by Kurgan View Post
    Gay is out?

Heck if we don't win this i'm going to kill someone..
    Reporting this to the authorities
    SIGN A SF

Quote Originally Posted by Kurgan View Post
    Gay is out?

Heck if we don't win this i'm going to kill someone. Especially considering the amount of utter and bamboozling suckage the saints have been inflicting on me.
    R.I.P

Thread Information