Pelicans Report

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Found our Future Small Forward

Quote Originally Posted by tdcreator View Post
    If we get some kind of exemption for Gordon being out, I'd like to go after a few players. My first would be Wilson Chandler. I don't know if they plan on blowing it up in Denver but I believe they are close to 73 Million in salary and will be 64 Mil with Faried's contract coming up. It is possible that they may want to shed some salary and the best part is he has a team option next year for 7 plus million.

My second would be Gerald Green from the Suns. I doubt this would happen because I don't think there is anything we could give them that they would need or want, but we would need outside scoring from the SF position if Reke moves to the SG.

My third would be Harkless. If Orlando doesn't want him lets give a young man a test drive and see, he should be cheap and we could maybe give up a small asset for him. He might not be great but maybe some new scenery will do him good and there won't be the expectations because he'll only be a role player.
    These are dream scenarios but realisticly just that...

Again - the player has to be on the last year of his contract to use that exception on him. So, you couldn't use it on Harkless or Chandler.

The list of guys you could get if the league gives the Pels an exception is very grim.
    @mcnamara247

Quote Originally Posted by MichaelMcNamara View Post
    Again - the player has to be on the last year of his contract to use that exception on him. So, you couldn't use it on Harkless or Chandler.

The list of guys you could get if the league gives the Pels an exception is very grim.
    The grass is always GREENer on the other side

Quote Originally Posted by jrue_grit View Post
    That is a wish list, not a realistic one. Suns would have no reason to just give us Green.

Realistic list includes: AK47, Luc Mbah a Moute, Jonas Jerebko, Gigi Datome, Chris Copeland, Mo Williams, Willie Green, Jeremy Evans, and Andre Miller. Thats about it.

That is a wish list, not a realistic one. Suns would have no reason to just give us Green.

Realistic list includes: AK47, Luc Mbah a Moute, Jonas Jerebko, Gigi Datome, Chris Copeland, Mo Williams, Willie Green, Jeremy Evans, and Andre Miller. Thats about it.

Even if they are trying to move Goran and need to free space? And AK47 has ring chaser written all over him

Even if they are trying to move Goran and need to free space? And AK47 has ring chaser written all over him
    No - a playoff team is not going to give away a major rotation player for nothing. Like I said, the options are incredibly grim, and that's IF we get the exception. I wouldn't get my hopes up with this. Instead, hope the guys we have step up or Dell can get a diamond in the rough from D-League or overseas

No - a playoff team is not going to give away a major rotation player for nothing. Like I said, the options are incredibly grim, and that's IF we get the exception. I wouldn't get my hopes up with this. Instead, hope the guys we have step up or Dell can get a diamond in the rough from D-League or overseas
    well he is a UFA and Marcus Morris has been getting some burn at the 3 (not to mention PJ Tucker)... I'm not saying this is a likely deal, I just wouldn't be surprised if Goran is moved by February for a big piece that requires cap space. But there are definitely other teams that have the space and actually have something to offer in return.

well he is a UFA and Marcus Morris has been getting some burn at the 3 (not to mention PJ Tucker)... I'm not saying this is a likely deal, I just wouldn't be surprised if Goran is moved by February for a big piece that requires cap space. But there are definitely other teams that have the space and actually have something to offer in return.
    exactly. The unrealistic part is not that Green could be moved - its thinking he will be moved for nothing.

We have nothing to offer but the ability to save a team money by taking a guy they don't want to pay. That basically limits us to looking for older guys on terrible teams. And to limit the pool even more, they have to be making less than 5.4 mil and have to be on the final year of their deal. Very thin pool. I mean, if we are dreaming, give me Demarre Carroll over Green!

exactly. The unrealistic part is not that Green could be moved - its thinking he will be moved for nothing.

We have nothing to offer but the ability to save a team money by taking a guy they don't want to pay. That basically limits us to looking for older guys on terrible teams. And to limit the pool even more, they have to be making less than 5.4 mil and have to be on the final year of their deal. Very thin pool. I mean, if we are dreaming, give me Demarre Carroll over Green!
    Demarre is showing out this year. But yeah the chances of us getting the exception are even slimmer. Dreaming one day Russ Smith will wake up one day a mature player and swag out into our rotation.

There are 20 minutes up for grabs. Russ, Jimmer, Miller, and Salmons will all get a shot. I just hope one of them grabs it - I honestly don't care which one

For sure. It'd be funny if Salmons figured it out. The other fan bases would be pissed.

Band of Skulls & Neon Trees ramsters60's Avatar
    There are 20 minutes up for grabs. Russ, Jimmer, Miller, and Salmons will all get a shot. I just hope one of them grabs it - I honestly don't care which one
    Just curious as to how you arrived at 20 minutes and why no mention of Babbitt?
    "we might make dollars, but we don't necessarily make sense"

"always be sincere....whether you mean it or not"

Quote Originally Posted by ramsters60 View Post
    Just curious as to how you arrived at 20 minutes and why no mention of Babbitt?
    Because thats how many mins Rivers was getting, and Babbitt is already in the rotation.

And at a cheap price. If he was cut by Cleveland then he has no nba contract and could be had at vet minutes mum. Which is just what we need

Quote Originally Posted by HornetGuru View Post
    I wanted him also, he's huge at 6"10, very athletic, a good rebounder and defender and can hit the 3. Sounds like the type of player we need.
    With him having no NBA contract he could be had at vet min which is just what we need. Cmon MM jump back on the bandwagon

I think we are all assuming that we go after a SF, but we lost a guard. I think its very possible we go after a PG or SG. If you move Rivers to the starting lineup, there is a need for a guard on the 2nd unit. Its not like one of our 3 SF's or Tyreke got hurt.

Dell might be targeting guard

Pass-First Point Center Caffeinedisastr's Avatar
    I think we are all assuming that we go after a SF, but we lost a guard. I think its very possible we go after a PG or SG. If you move Rivers to the starting lineup, there is a need for a guard on the 2nd unit. Its not like one of our 3 SF's or Tyreke got hurt.

Dell might be targeting guard
    I think Russ gets less DNPs and Dell stands pat. I mean, last year he got the exception for Ryno and never used it.
    Then again, last year the Ryno injury was the straw that broke the camel's back. There really was no hope for the season after that.

I still think Babbitt/Miller/Salmons starts, Tyreke moves to SG, Rivers continues to be 7th man & Russ gets activated.

However, given Dell's history I think he may still bring someone over from Europe. I just don't think he uses the exception. (assuming we even get one)

Miller starting! Love the decision. Jrue and Reke should be our starting guards for the next 5-10 years. And that starts tonight.

Question is: Who finishes? All 3 of the bigs or Rivers and just two of the bigs?

If only miller was as good as he's in nba 2k *sigh*

I don't think we can finish with ryno covering gay honestly...more probable the 2 bigs on the court in my mind. Unless you'd have davis covering the kings' 3 buuuut...well

Finishing unit is either

Asik/Davis/Ryno/Tyreke/Jrue
    or
    Davis/Ryno/Tyreke/Rivers/Jrue

Love the Miller decision as well. I think he benefits more playing with those 4 guys around him.

Quote Originally Posted by Kurgan View Post
    If only miller was as good as he's in nba 2k *sigh*

I don't think we can finish with ryno covering gay honestly...more probable the 2 bigs on the court in my mind. Unless you'd have davis covering the kings' 3 buuuut...well
    Miller is boss in 2K.

However, Oladipo is my favorite 2K player of ALL TOYME!

Quote Originally Posted by Caffeinedisastr View Post
    Miller is boss in 2K.

However, Oladipo is my favorite 2K player of ALL TOYME!
    Oladipo in 2k is like go go gadget dunk

Quote Originally Posted by Caffeinedisastr View Post
    Finishing unit is either

Asik/Davis/Ryno/Tyreke/Jrue
    or
    Davis/Ryno/Tyreke/Rivers/Jrue

Love the Miller decision as well. I think he benefits more playing with those 4 guys around him.
    I would say that in some cases, like tonight vs. Sacto, you can argue that:

Asik/AD/Tyreke/Rivers/Jrue is a possibility

Monty will have to decide: Rivers and two bigs. Or all 3 bigs

Thread Information