Pelicans Report

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5

Thread: Eric Gordon Out Indefinitely with Torn Labrum

Quote Originally Posted by Caffeinedisastr View Post
    Stupid question:

If we get an exception for Gordon, can we then package said exception AND GORDON to move him?

example: Gordon/Exception for Gerald Green?
    Nope.

But if we get the exception for Gordon, it'll be the MLE + $100k. Are there any expiring contract players out there we could use who are only making the MLE, that we could trade for? (preferably trading just the exception, or the exception and a distant future 2nd rounder)

Quote Originally Posted by daybreaker View Post
    But if we get the exception for Gordon, it'll be the MLE + $100k. Are there any expiring contract players out there we could use who are only making the MLE, that we could trade for? (preferably trading just the exception, or the exception and a distant future 2nd rounder)
    MM has already posted the short list. Its basically Chris Copeland, AK47, and a couple others.

Quote Originally Posted by GuardianAngel25 View Post
    No way that will get Gerald Green. That guy is gonna have some serious $ thrown at him by somebody especially with the way contracts have been lately.
    Not necessarily true if they try to trade him since he's about to be an UFA. I mean we have nothing to offer in a trade. So its not realistic. But he could easily end up on some other team come february.

Quote Originally Posted by jrue_grit View Post
    Not necessarily true if they try to trade him since he's about to be an UFA. I mean we have nothing to offer in a trade. So its not realistic. But he could easily end up on some other team come february.
    I don't think MM meant trade for him. He meant offer the full MLE this summer.

It's possible we could get him for that. He's a guy that gives you shooting but not a ton else. I mean PJ Tucker basically got the MLE as a FA.

Quote Originally Posted by Mythrol View Post
    I don't think MM meant trade for him. He meant offer the full MLE this summer.

It's possible we could get him for that. He's a guy that gives you shooting but not a ton else. I mean PJ Tucker basically got the MLE as a FA.
    Oh that makes a lot more sense. Apologies. Yeah if he goes shopping this summer it could get interesting. I think PJ is a better player too all things considered.

Quote Originally Posted by Bee-Fense View Post
    What is the usual timetable on this sort of injury?
    The good news is that the surgery is comparatively simple. The bad news is that the recovery process is usually accompanied by immobilization of the shoulder for a couple of weeks, lingering numbness, and pain when the arm is lifted above the collarbone. There is also a high probably of re-injury if EG were to fall and brace himself or land on that arm.

Some people can play through partially torn labrums, but once the surgery is performed, the patient can't be rushed back. It wouldn't surprise me if most or all of his season is done.
    Old fan. Tired fan. I want to believe.

I tore my labrum back when I was 17-18 yrs old and my shoulder would then dislocate all the time just doing the simplest things. I was never able to get surgery until 7-8 years later. Once I got the arthroscopic surgery required. It took me a good 2 months to get 3/4 range of motion back in my arm. So, it depends if he gets surgery or not. It also depends on how bad of a tear it was too. Without the surgery there is such a high risk of dislocating again. I think surgery is best option for him personally.

Thread Information