Pelicans Report

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Eric Gordon Out Indefinitely with Torn Labrum

Quote Originally Posted by 504ByrdGang View Post
    Same.

I'd rather see Jimmer get a chance. Most people saying Jimmer had no shot due to poor defense said the same thing about Morrow last year. Look how that turned out.

What the hell is a torn LeBron?

This injury clears the way for Dell - nobody will give anything with value for EJ. no matter how he plays next year (hopefully after february)
    We all agreed that he will opt in. His contract was hard to trade before injury. Now it is impossible.

So we have:
    1. EJ stayin' one year in NO
    2. EJ packaged with picks and f.e. Ryno as a great sweetener
    3. stretch provision (1 year deal)

I am starting to think more and more about 3rd option. I know all the stuff about dead money...

I was thinking about this potential injury exception. I know that there is o,o1% chance. But maybe...Ray Allen.
    Why? Because of the Brow

Quote Originally Posted by pawel View Post
    This injury clears the way for Dell - nobody will give anything with value for EJ. no matter how he plays next year (hopefully after february)
    We all agreed that he will opt in. His contract was hard to trade before injury. Now it is impossible.

So we have:
    1. EJ stayin' one year in NO
    2. EJ packaged with picks and f.e. Ryno as a great sweetener
    3. stretch provision (1 year deal)

I am starting to think more and more about 3rd option. I know all the stuff about dead money...

I was thinking about this potential injury exception. I know that there is o,o1% chance. But maybe...Ray Allen.
    Why? Because of the Brow
    The 3rd option made quite a bit of sense before we knew that the cap was jumping by quiet a bit. Now it makes nearly none because he will be off the books as the cap is increasing.

It basically comes down to- do we weather the storm next year and waste a year of AD but have an extra asset and tons of cap or do we package Gordon with a pick and ship him out while being able to make a move or two this summer but give up that asset in a pick?

Personally I'd rather give up the asset and get a couple of guys this summer to round out the roster. We still should have enough money next year to make a decent/big FA signing.

i do not want to waste AD's talent and make him unhappy (lack of success). so I prefer 3 steps
    1. go to the PO and save a pick
    2. package Gordon with a pick
    3. add missing piece
    and then...

Or you can just get somebody with the MLE next year to hold down the fort, and then wait for Gordon to expire and go all out for Durant or Batum in '16
    @mcnamara247

Quote Originally Posted by MichaelMcNamara View Post
    Or you can just get somebody with the MLE next year to hold down the fort, and then wait for Gordon to expire and go all out for Durant or Batum in '16
    With Gordon off the books, do you think the Pelicans have a good shot to land a big name free agent? Do you think the possibility of playing with AD will be attractive enough to overcome us not being a "big market"?

How much do we have for the MLE or in cap to sign a sf considering Gordon opts in and we resign Asik for 12 mil. Also if we do get ine I hope we just move Gordon to the bench why do him any favors when he done none for us.

1-6

MLE will be around 5.5 million next year. Probably enough to get a Demarre Carroll. Maybe a Gerald Green

Or We can just resign Greg Stiemsma.....
    CAW CAW!!!

-Founder and valuable member of the Caw Caw Boyz-

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by DarkHornet View Post
    With Gordon off the books, do you think the Pelicans have a good shot to land a big name free agent? Do you think the possibility of playing with AD will be attractive enough to overcome us not being a "big market"?
    AD is becoming the top player in the league by a wide margin. I know Lebron and KD will likely bridge that gap somewhat, but he will be thought of as a top 3 talent; guys will want to come play with him if they can also get max money, IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by Silverfoxx View Post
    Wash your filthy mouth

Jimeert Freedet 4 Prez IamQuailman's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Perth_Hornet View Post
    I think it's a type of cramp

Pass-First Point Center Caffeinedisastr's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Perth_Hornet View Post
    It's when he made "The Decision".......

and later "The NEXT Decision".

A Soulful Sports Fan Contributor Eman5805's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Silverfoxx View Post
    They'd turn you into a raven and cut out your tongue in some fictional universes for saying less than that.

Yes. That was option one, but I still don't think the MLE will be enough hence why I view it as wasting a year of AD.

It's an option. But one I like less than a package and move Gordon.

Quote Originally Posted by Mythrol View Post
    Yes. That was option one, but I still don't think the MLE will be enough hence why I view it as wasting a year of AD.

It's an option. But one I like less than a package and move Gordon.
    Can you please clarify?
    If we keep our pick this season does this mean the Rocket's gave up Asik for nothing?

If we do keep it then we could package it with Gordon no?

Sorry if this has been asked before.

What about if we pair Gordon and AD and trade both of them together?! I wonder what on gods green earth we could get in return. Chris Paul, Blake griffin and granger for AD/gordon anyone???? Jk, but would be awsome to actually see what we could get if we pair AD with gordon in a trade. If the clippers offered Paul, deandre, griffin, and Crawford for AD, Gordon, and ryno would you take it? I know sounds stupid....

Granger doesn't even play for LAC anymore so that wouldn't work

Quote Originally Posted by AUSSIE_PELICAN View Post
    Can you please clarify?
    If we keep our pick this season does this mean the Rocket's gave up Asik for nothing?

If we do keep it then we could package it with Gordon no?

Sorry if this has been asked before.
    First question, No. It means the Rockets would get our pick the first year that it does fall into the range set according to the trade terms. There might be some point in the distant future it might change to 2 2nd round picks but that could be 10 years in the future. We don't know.

The 2nd question is yes, if we kept the pick we could package it and trade Gordon. It could be a draft day trade where we pick the guy the team wants and then move him w/ Gordon.

Quote Originally Posted by Mythrol View Post
    First question, No. It means the Rockets would get our pick the first year that it does fall into the range set according to the trade terms. There might be some point in the distant future it might change to 2 2nd round picks but that could be 10 years in the future. We don't know.

The 2nd question is yes, if we kept the pick we could package it and trade Gordon. It could be a draft day trade where we pick the guy the team wants and then move him w/ Gordon.
    Thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by MMEmbreno View Post
    What about if we pair Gordon and AD and trade both of them together?! I wonder what on gods green earth we could get in return. Chris Paul, Blake griffin and granger for AD/gordon anyone???? Jk, but would be awsome to actually see what we could get if we pair AD with gordon in a trade. If the clippers offered Paul, deandre, griffin, and Crawford for AD, Gordon, and ryno would you take it? I know sounds stupid....
    The answer is nothing that would even come in the ballpark of being worth it.

Pass-First Point Center Caffeinedisastr's Avatar
    Stupid question:

If we get an exception for Gordon, can we then package said exception AND GORDON to move him?

example: Gordon/Exception for Gerald Green?

Man Batum healthy on this team would make us a serious contender and top 4 seed if you ask me. He is my dream pick up for this team and the perfect fit. Of course Durant would be great just highly unlikely. I see Batum as the perfect guy that Monty and Dell will have as priority #1. I think we will be a destination on Batums list of landing spots when he is a FA also.

MLE will be around 5.5 million next year. Probably enough to get a Demarre Carroll. Maybe a Gerald Green

No way that will get Gerald Green. That guy is gonna have some serious $ thrown at him by somebody especially with the way contracts have been lately.

Thread Information