Pelicans Report

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Eric Gordon Out Indefinitely with Torn Labrum

Quote Originally Posted by HornetGuru View Post
    Thanks, so lets say, theoretically, we resign asik, and have 4 mil left in cap space, and draymond agreed to a 9 million a year deal, we could sign him?? Thanks.
    Not at all. Exceptions don't work like that. Cant combine them
    @mcnamara247

Man I love me some gerald green, don't mess with me man, and he's best off ball.
    Not highly likely, unless they are trying to shoot for a big trade near the deadline. They are under the cap and it looks like Goran is wanting to test free agency. You never know though! They are like 8 mil under the cap so moving Gerald's 3.5 could open up the space for a big contract.

Quote Originally Posted by jrue_grit View Post
    Not highly likely, unless they are trying to shoot for a big trade near the deadline. They are under the cap and it looks like Goran is wanting to test free agency. You never know though! They are like 8 mil under the cap so moving Gerald's 3.5 could open up the space for a big contract.
    good point, hopefully they wanna clear space for like jimmy butler or something.

good point, hopefully they wanna clear space for like jimmy butler or something.
    I'll hope for that and EG deciding to nurse his injury for better long-term resiliency (giving us the injury exception). And maybe the Suns look to get a prominent Center (mark gasol) and dump goran (who is a UFA) and gerald (another UFA)? We could be a recipient.

Again, this is all HIGHLY unlikely. But a man can dream.

Quote Originally Posted by MichaelMcNamara View Post
    Not at all. Exceptions don't work like that. Cant combine them
    So if Gordon is out for the year we can take on a player worth up to 5.3M without sending anything out?
    Other than AK47 or Brewer which other guy's are viable options?

I just can't think of anyone within the NBA.
    I just hope Dell uses all that money instead of signing a Euro hack.

Quote Originally Posted by AUSSIE_PELICAN View Post
    So if Gordon is out for the year we can take on a player worth up to 5.3M without sending anything out?
    Other than AK47 or Brewer which other guy's are viable options?

I just can't think of anyone within the NBA.
    I just hope Dell uses all that money instead of signing a Euro hack.
    See above. But thinking rationally I doubt that would ever happen. There are a lot of NBA teams with the space to soak up Green's contract and also offer a future pick, etc. But many teams have their own Gerald Greens and may not want to waste their space on depth, while the Pelicans would gladly take his talent because we are in dire need of a player like him.

This pretty much puts to bed him opting out next season.

So my hope is that we make the playoffs and keep our pick and then flip it to trade Gordon.

Worse case is we give our pick to Houston this year and then have to combine next year's pick to move him. Either way I'd want him gone this summer to make a move at all possible.

Quote Originally Posted by AUSSIE_PELICAN View Post
    This pretty much puts to bed him opting out next season.
    He'd have to be an idiot to opt out. We have gordon for another year.

Quote Originally Posted by Mythrol View Post
    So my hope is that we make the playoffs and keep our pick and then flip it to trade Gordon.

Worse case is we give our pick to Houston this year and then have to combine next year's pick to move him. Either way I'd want him gone this summer to make a move at all possible.
    That would be awesome. The suns might want him again? They would have the space with Goran exiting and a pick would sweeten the deal. Especially if they don't keep Green either, it would actually fulfill a need.

G.O.A.T.    Contributor   
    I actually had labrum surgery while in high school. I played baseball not basketball, but I do know a lot about labrum tears.

I have no idea how bad EG's labrum surgery, but surgery is always a last option. If it's a partial tear they will definitely try to rehab it first and no do the surgery. The only problem is there is a very good chance of him re-injuring. My shoulder would often pop out of place just from doing simple tasks like picking up a pencil. My tear was not 100%, but it was pretty close. I probably rehabbed for about 5-6 months before getting surgery, although at first they were not sure if it was a labrum tear (sometimes an MRI with contrast dye has to be used in order to see the tear). When they did the surgery the tear was actually much worse than they initially believed.

Back to EG, the most likely scenario is that he gets surgery, but unless it's a pretty severe tear they will not do the surgery right away. Honestly though, I think he would probably have to get surgery at some point down the line because a labrum tear is a pain in the ***.

The nba should give us his salary money back in compensation, we payed 15mil a year for high fives off the bench

Quote Originally Posted by RekeHavoc View Post
    I actually had labrum surgery while in high school. I played baseball not basketball, but I do know a lot about labrum tears....

Thanks for the input. From the articles posted, it looks like the severity determines everything, but is difficult to pinpoint. They said Jason Smith played 20 games before he opted for surgery. Monty Williams also played through when he did it, but didn't say whether he got surgery.

Then you have the extreme Drew Brees case.

Quote Originally Posted by Pantazis76 View Post
    The nba should give us his salary money back in compensation, we payed 15mil a year for high fives off the bench
    If he's done for the season I think the team gets 80% back from insurance, but that doesn't change our cap situation this offseason. But that could help pay for stretching Gordon.

G.O.A.T.    Contributor   
    Quote Originally Posted by luckyman View Post
    Thanks for the input. From the articles posted, it looks like the severity determines everything, but is difficult to pinpoint. They said Jason Smith played 20 games before he opted for surgery. Monty Williams also played through when he did it, but didn't say whether he got surgery.

Then you have the extreme Drew Brees case.
    While doing the surgery, mine was revealed to be very similar to Drew's. Although I didn't have any rotator cuff damage, apparently the entire "back" of the labrum was torn.

i would not be surprised if gordon just retires..

You can't trade your own consecutive first round picks.

Quote Originally Posted by Pantazis76 View Post
    i would not be surprised if gordon just retires..
    Doubt he leaves 15 million on the table knowing he will want that money to sustain the rest of his life. He would be foolish not to at least wait it out another year.

There's zero chance he opts out with this injury. Him being healthy would alredy be a tough scenario for him to get big bucks, now that he's probably out for the year, he won't see anything close to 15 M in any contract he's to be offered. We're officially stuck to him for another year. Hope he has a speedy and full recovery, though. Nobody deserves to be injuried, much less that many times.

Plus, Brandon Roy kept receiving the paychecks sustaining a much worse injury, Gordon wouldn't never retire due to a torn labrum. It took about 2 years without a single game for Roy to finally retire, didn't it?

Quote Originally Posted by AD23nEG10 View Post

Rivers is a PG now?

Banned
    Pleeeeeeeeeeeease let this be Jimmer time.

Quote Originally Posted by Perth_Hornet View Post
    Rivers is a PG now?
    Are we still using PG and SG as "real" positions?

Rivers handles the ball. Call him whatever you want to call him.

Quote Originally Posted by N.O.Bronco View Post
    You can't trade your own consecutive first round picks.
    This has been Discussed multiple times here already. The rule is you can't OWE two consecutive first round picks.

If he don't give up our Houston pick it will be ours and we can just do a draft day trade.

If Houston receives the pick then it has been paid and we won't owe it. Meaning we could then trade next year's.

This has been Discussed multiple times here already. The rule is you can't OWE two consecutive first round picks.

If he don't give up our Houston pick it will be ours and we can just do a draft day trade.

If Houston receives the pick then it has been paid and we won't owe it. Meaning we could then trade next year's.
    You must get frustrated having to remind people of the same things over and over again. I couldn't imagine having to do that.

Thread Information