Pelicans Report

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Eric Gordon Out Indefinitely with Torn Labrum

A Soulful Sports Fan Contributor Eman5805's Avatar
    Phoenix and OKC have been using two small guard lineups. Jrue, Austin, Tyreke, AD, Asik (or whoever starts in his stead).

We can roll like that.

The injury exemption can come into play, I assume. But let's say it does, who can we target?

It's Rivers time to shine. As far as EG, can't wait until he is off this team.
    SIGN A SF

Quote Originally Posted by Eman5805 View Post
    Phoenix and OKC have been using two small guard lineups. Jrue, Austin, Tyreke, AD, Asik (or whoever starts in his stead).

We can roll like that.

The injury exemption can come into play, I assume. But let's say it does, who can we target?
    depends, can anyone chime in how much the injury exemption on him would give us? Please tell me enough for draymond!

Banned
    Austin isn't good though.

Just terrible for Eric. Such a random play, and reminded me so much of Ryno's. Just a normal play in the flow of a game, and you lose an entire season.

As much as I dislike Gordon's game, fit with the team, and contract, we are going to struggle a lot if we have to roll more minutes with Jimmer and Rivers.

Banned
    I don't know if we will be bad with Jimmer or not. I hope we find out quickly and move on or not quickly. This should be his last fair chance or off to Europe or a coaching job.

Rivers got some playng time on his rookie season, complain about injury to justify his poor number. Now he has a second chance, hope he wont blew it.

Eric, you are a cancer btw.

Banned
    My money is on Reke eventually moving over to SG, and probably starting a combination of Salmons/Babbitt/Miller depending on which taste Monty likes better that day.

Honestly I don't think this is that big of a loss.. He does not fit this team and IMO he just takes shots away from Jrue..

Taking away shots from Jrue isn't a bad thing at all. This is definitely a huge loss. Gordon struggled but he is still way better than any alternatives we have right now

Quote Originally Posted by hornetstime247 View Post
    Honestly I don't think this is that big of a loss.. He does not fit this team and IMO he just takes shots away from Jrue..
    This is sarcasm. I got it. I finally get it.

Wow at some of you we get it he shouldn't of got paid that much he's injury prone blah blah blah but come on you seriously think he asks for this type of stuff it's sad Brdon Roy all over again

He doesn't ask for injuries but he's done next to nothing to mesh with the team and become even remotely useful. Reke was ready to come off the bench, as long as it helped the team. Gordon, who is a less than mediocre player oh god no, that was not why he was brought in, he still has to save the planet from the terrorists, aliens, whatever. I can't wait to see his pudgy emotionless face move to some other franchise

Quote Originally Posted by HornetGuru View Post
    I honestly don't know I just found out about it but if a player is out for the season on injury u get a certain % of his salary to use in free agency. And he has a big salary lol.
    As far as I understand, the injury exception only works if Gordon is out for the year. If he plans to return late in the season it doesn't make a difference. If he IS out for the season, we can sign someone for a 1-year contract at up to 50% of gordon's huge salary or the mid-level exception, which ever is lower (hint hint, its the mid-level. which I think is $3 Million since we are over the cap). So if Gordon is out for the season I think we would be looking at spending up to $3 Million, which could mean at least a veteran minimum for someone. Please correct me if I am wrong but that is my understanding.

We would have a 5.3 million dollar exception to sign somebody with (unlikely) or absorb in an uneven trade. Example - we could trade nothing for Corey Brewer or AK47 and that would be a legal trade
    @mcnamara247

Quote Originally Posted by MichaelMcNamara View Post
    We would have a 5.3 million dollar exception to sign somebody with (unlikely) or absorb in an uneven trade. Example - we could trade nothing for Corey Brewer or AK47 and that would be a legal trade
    This is assuming EG is done for the year? Or no?

Quote Originally Posted by jrue_grit View Post
    This is assuming EG is done for the year? Or no?
    Pretty much. The rule doesn't read exactly like that, but its the general idea

Pretty much. The rule doesn't read exactly like that, but its the general idea
    If only the NBA never got rid of the injured reserve. This would be the perfect scenario to throw EG on injured reserve and open up a roster spot as to not disrupt the team majorly. Even though there is no financial advantage outside of injury exception

Yeah but by the time indefinite turning to definite, we probably won't apply for and receive the exception until January. Who will be sellers of expiring MLE or less contracts near the deadline? Gerald Green is the only one I see that we'd want that meets that criteria. I guess the exception could be helpful if someone else is willing to give us some picks (2nds) for a few of our scrubs.

Thanks, so lets say, theoretically, we resign asik, and have 4 mil left in cap space, and draymond agreed to a 9 million a year deal, we could sign him?? Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by HornetGuru View Post
    Thanks, so lets say, theoretically, we resign asik, and have 4 mil left in cap space, and draymond agreed to a 9 million a year deal, we could sign him?? Thanks.
    Not at all. This exception only works within the season. So it's essentially useless for picking up free agent leaving the main practical use of absorbing an MLE or smaller contract that's expiring. It has nothing to do with our cap space for next year.

Quote Originally Posted by BP225 View Post
    Yeah but by the time indefinite turning to definite, we probably won't apply for and receive the exception until January. Who will be sellers of expiring MLE or less contracts near the deadline? Gerald Green is the only one I see that we'd want that meets that criteria. I guess the exception could be helpful if someone else is willing to give us some picks (2nds) for a few of our scrubs.
    Gerald is unrestricted so it's possible they try to move him. Who knows. He is beloved in Phoenix though.

Banned
    Gordon is terrible and I hate watching him play. At least we have only one more year of this crap.

Quote Originally Posted by BP225 View Post
    Not at all. This exception only works within the season. So it's essentially useless for picking up free agent leaving the main practical use of absorbing an MLE or smaller contract that's expiring. It has nothing to do with our cap space for next year.
    ahhhhh I see, well that sucks.

Quote Originally Posted by jrue_grit View Post
    Gerald is unrestricted so it's possible they try to move him. Who knows. He is beloved in Phoenix though.
    Man I love me some gerald green, don't mess with me man, and he's best off ball.

Thread Information