Pelicans Report

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: EG Prognosis

Quote Originally Posted by durun View Post
    I see personal hatred by many. For example, how you intentionally skewed stats. Even Gerry V called you out on BSS. How about that statement you are to suppose to release when Gordon is no longer a Pel. Release the statement and stop hiding in Utah. That alone shows ity personal. The sad part is that you do not even attend games atthe SKC.
    I wish I could be you. Have nobody care about my thoughts or any thing I say. Then, I could try to be an internet tough guy, telling everyone else how dumb and biased they are. Must be nice. Quite a life you have made for yourself there.
    @mcnamara247

I see personal hatred by many. For example, how you intentionally skewed stats. Even Gerry V called you out on BSS. How about that statement you are to suppose to release when Gordon is no longer a Pel. Release the statement and stop hiding in Utah. That alone shows ity personal. The sad part is that you do not even attend games atthe SKC.
    A married man, who teaches, coaches, and is the chief editor of a widely read basketball blog, is supposed to fly out from Utah to attend regular season basketball games in New Orleans?

"I'm not going to allow my putative owner to answer that question, this is an NBA related press conference. Paul Tagliabue and Roger Goodell have collectively sung their praises of Tom and if uh ESPN has a problem with that tell Mr. Skipper to call me at my office."

Quote Originally Posted by MichaelMcNamara View Post
    I am confused. I know he is not saying that. That's my point.

He is implying that people here argue that we would be better without him. When, what people here actually argue, is that if we can get rid of him and use his 15 mil for a SF and depth, most of our problems would be solved.
    I'm not convinced Tyreke as the full-time SG is a viable answer. He has never been proven to be an efficient player on both ends of the floor. He's really limited when the ball is not in his hands.

Emeka Okafor - Joe Smith - Carmelo Anthony - Manu Ginobili - Jason Williams

Al Jefferson - James Posey - Aaron McKie - Shaun Livingston

Banned
    Jimmer won't be getting anymore minutes Russ and others will. He will get 8 at the most. This too will die down.

Our new starting 5 should be
    Jrue
    Reke
    Salmons
    AD
    Asik

Anderson should sub in asap and the 2nd sub rivers, will replace salmons and move Reke to the 3. However, idk how effective a jrue, rivers, Reke lineup will be for an extended period of time.

All I wanted from this season was for the core 5/6 players to play at least 60 games together.
    I didn't even really have high expectations for the playoffs.

I can't believe the lack of luck this team has.

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! pelicanchamp's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by MMEmbreno View Post
    Jrue
    Reke
    Salmons
    AD
    Asik

Anderson should sub in asap and the 2nd sub rivers, will replace salmons and move Reke to the 3. However, idk how effective a jrue, rivers, Reke lineup will be for an extended period of time.
    I think we might see Babbitt start and put Reke at the 2. If Salmons can be productive for 10 min I am comfortable with him starting. Babbitt is more effective especially when he gets open shots

Quote Originally Posted by MMEmbreno View Post
    Jrue
    Reke
    Salmons
    AD
    Asik

Jrue
    Reke
    Babbitt
    AD
    Asik

Sub in: Ryno and Rivers
    Eventually Anjinca or Withey depending on circumstance.

What about D Miller starting at the 3?

Quote Originally Posted by Pelicans_fan_504 View Post
    What about D Miller starting at the 3?
    Tell me why he would be best?

Banned
    We are in deep trouble.

Quote Originally Posted by Asteptooslow View Post
    We are in deep trouble.
    I think we'll keep winning. Gordon is a loss but Asik will be back and we'll be fine.

Quote Originally Posted by pelicanchamp View Post
    I think we might see Babbitt start and put Reke at the 2. If Salmons can be productive for 10 min I am comfortable with him starting. Babbitt is more effective especially when he gets open shots
    Yeah I've never had a problem with Babbitt's hustle. Just worried about how effective he can be on O if his shot isn't falling and how effective he would be on the defensive end if his confidence is down on the offensive end. Basically same with salmons, we have a problem going forward, but I just think salmons would be more vocal with AD and help him Out more on the floor than babbit would. It's going to be an interesting few days...

Quote Originally Posted by pelicanchamp View Post
    Yeah I've never had a problem with Babbitt's hustle. Just worried about how effective he can be on O if his shot isn't falling and how effective he would be on the defensive end if his confidence is down on the offensive end. Basically same with salmons, we have a problem going forward, but I just think salmons would be more vocal with AD and help him Out more on the floor than babbit would. It's going to be an interesting few days...

Babbit with some passers is and should be the only reason he is out there. Running Babbit with Rivers is a waste.

Jrue
    Tyreke
    Luke
    AD
    Asik

Sub Anderson for Babbit early and give him 30+ minutes, and Ajinca or Withey whenever Asik gets tired. Rotate Rivers with Jrue and Tyreke. AD plays every minute that we are not leading by more than 8 points.......

Quote Originally Posted by NOEngineer View Post

AD plays every minute that we are not leading by more than 8 points.......
    Hahahahaha you and be both know the chances of that happening are zero to none.

Monty williams is as clueless as it gets with sub rotations and when to put players back in etc. It's frightening.

Starting: Jrue/Reke/Babbit/AD/Asik

6 mins First subs: Rivers/Jimmer/Reke/Ryan/AD

Close to the end of the second subs: Russ/Rivers/Miller/Ryan/Ajinca

Start of the second: Jrue/Rivers/Miller/Babbit/Asik

Close the quarter Subs: Jrue/Reke/Ryan/AD/Asik

Start of the 3rd: Jrue/Reke/Babbit/AD/Asik

3 mins to end the 3rd: Rivers/Reke/Miller/Ryan/Ajinca

Staring the 4th: Rivers/Reke/Babbit/Ryan/Asik

3 mins into the 4th: Russ/Jrue/Babbit/AD/Ajinca

Finishing out the game: Jrue/Reke/Ryan/AD/Asik

1-6

The Voice of Reason Contributor RaisingTheBar's Avatar
    I'm seeing some personal hatred right now.

Quote Originally Posted by Pelicans78 View Post
    I'm not convinced Tyreke as the full-time SG is a viable answer. He has never been proven to be an efficient player on both ends of the floor. He's really limited when the ball is not in his hands.
    I'm hoping we keep him at the 3 and start Rivers in Gordon's place.

Quote Originally Posted by RaisingTheBar View Post
    I'm hoping we keep him at the 3 and start Rivers in Gordon's place.
    Who handles the ball with the second unit? Also I don't get this why keep Reke at the 3, Jrue and Reke are a mismatch for most back courts and with Babbit at the 3 it keeps the defense honest. Jrue and Reke are also both great passers so he will get a bunch of open looks. If Rivers starts he'll stop ball movement and hesitate to shoot 3's or brick them. At least Babbit has the size for most 3's and hustles on D. With Ad and Asik in the paint it should be able to help him more on defense.
    Last edited by 504ByrdGang; 11-23-2014 at 07:13 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by 504ByrdGang View Post
    Who handles the ball with the second unit? Also I don't get this why keep Reke at the 3, Jrue and Reke are a mismatch for most back courts and with Babbit at the 3 it keeps the defense honest. Jrue and Reke are also both great passers so he will get a bunch of open looks. If Rivers starts he'll stop ball movement and hesitate to shoot 3's or brick them. At least Babbit has the size for most 3's and hustles on D. With Ad and Asik in the paint it should be able to help him more on defense.
    Reke comes out at around the 6min mark anyway. He wil get mins with the backups

On offense yeah but what about on the other end? Reke has shown some laziness and lack of concentration guarding SFs. How do you think that is going to work out defensively against quicker guys? Maybe i would think differently if we had a better defending 3 in there and Asik was healthy but that isn't the case right now.
    Last edited by RaisingTheBar; 11-23-2014 at 07:20 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by RaisingTheBar View Post
    Reke comes out at around the 6min mark anyway. He wil get mins with the backups.

On offense yeah but what about on the other ed? Reke has shown some laziness and lack of concentration guarding SFs. How do you think that is going to work out defensively against quicker guys?
    Reke size and length against sg's will bother them more rather than with sf's who can already shot over him.

Quote Originally Posted by 504ByrdGang View Post
    Reke size and length against sg's will bother them more rather than with sf's who can already shot over him.
    I'm not worried about his size. I'm more worried about his awareness or another way to put it his "giving a **** on defense" against a smaller quicker guy.

Thread Information