Pelicans Report

Page 16 of 17 FirstFirst ... 6 12 13 14 15 16 17 LastLast

Thread: Game Thread: Pelicans (6-5) Vs. Jazz (5-8) 8pm CT

Quote Originally Posted by HornetGuru View Post
    Thats true but if someone were to ask me, or any GM in the league who the better player was, I would think Jrue would be the answer 9/10.
    It's because he is.
    If you Jimmer it, they will come.

to update it Davis is:

2nd in scoring
    6th in rebs
    1st in blocks
    3rd in steals

Quote Originally Posted by UNO Gracias View Post
    It's because he is.
    I agree.

u sure he's top 10 in apg? that can't be right.
    No he's not I looked at it wrong.

also he's 6th in rebounding, and he is only averaging 1.5 apg. Also he isn't 1st in SPG anymore, he's 3rd.
    Yea I wasn't even factoring tonight into it. Just going off what I saw last night.

Quote Originally Posted by iNolaNightmare View Post
    I was wearing the socks, guys...
    What hapened to the socks Friday night?!

am I the only one who would rather Withey start?
    looking for team to bandwagon, pls help

Quote Originally Posted by dcoop View Post
    His played well the last few games, but this could just be a run for him, i think Ajinca is a lot more consistent

Quote Originally Posted by dcoop View Post
    Hopefully yes

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!!
    I can see that they are learning how to beat and put teams away.

Banned
    Jimmer and AD are awesome together!

Kicking myself for missing this game, of course the night I decide not to watch AD scores a career high. Maybe I am like the lucky socks, when I don't watch the Pelicans win.

Any update on EG's injury status?
    www.flexicarry.com

Twitter: @brian_oleen

I wonder if u could package ryno and gordon for a big expiring and a role player.
    A couple days ago, I proposed Ryno and Gordon for Rondo's expiring and Jeff Green. Would you? I think I would.

A couple question though, if we did this trade, when would we be able to then trade Rondo? Could we sign-and- trade him in the offseason? I think New York would give away an asset for him, making the overall effect of the trade that much more impactful.

Quote Originally Posted by jcamp5 View Post
    A couple days ago, I proposed Ryno and Gordon for Rondo's expiring and Jeff Green. Would you? I think I would.

A couple question though, if we did this trade, when would we be able to then trade Rondo? Could we sign-and- trade him in the offseason? I think New York would give away an asset for him, making the overall effect of the trade that much more impactful.
    Would I? Yes, it gives u an expiring in Rondo so you can go after jimmy butler or draymond green, it also gives u a quality SF in jeff green who also has an expiring the following year that frees up cap.

Zero chance Boston would do that. You proposal of Gordon and Ryno for Amare was more realistic. I think the Knicks would at least consider that. Celtics wouldn't even discuss Rondo and Green for a bottom 3 contract in the league and Ryno. Anderson has value around the league, but not that much. Seperately, the Celtics can move Rondo and Green for positive assets. They could probably get Hardaway, Jr. or McLemore and picks from Sacto or the Knicks for Rondo and something like Montiejunas and picks from the Rockets for Green. So, something like this:

Hardaway, Jr.
    Cleanthony Early
    Montiejunas
    Nick Johnson
    Three 1st round picks

or

Gordon and Anderson

Clearly, Boston would take package A. Gordon and Anderson, at best, could get you an expiring and a young guy who has marginal upside. Gordon's contract is that bad IMO
    @mcnamara247

Quote Originally Posted by Spec3333 View Post
    What hapened to the socks Friday night?!
    Had to go to my girlfriend's homecoming.

Quote Originally Posted by iNolaNightmare View Post
    Had to go to my girlfriend's homecoming.
    Your girlfriend doesn't like gray socks?

Quote Originally Posted by Kurgan View Post
    Your girlfriend doesn't like gray socks?
    She's not a big fan of socks with pencils on them in a formal setting.

Quote Originally Posted by MichaelMcNamara View Post
    Zero chance Boston would do that. You proposal of Gordon and Ryno for Amare was more realistic. I think the Knicks would at least consider that. Celtics wouldn't even discuss Rondo and Green for a bottom 3 contract in the league and Ryno. Anderson has value around the league, but not that much. Seperately, the Celtics can move Rondo and Green for positive assets. They could probably get Hardaway, Jr. or McLemore and picks from Sacto or the Knicks for Rondo and something like Montiejunas and picks from the Rockets for Green. So, something like this:

Hardaway, Jr.
    Cleanthony Early
    Montiejunas
    Nick Johnson
    Three 1st round picks

or

Gordon and Anderson

Clearly, Boston would take package A. Gordon and Anderson, at best, could get you an expiring and a young guy who has marginal upside. Gordon's contract is that bad IMO
    I would also do the amare trade. Would free up a ton of cap.

Hardaway, Jr.
    Cleanthony Early
    Montiejunas
    Nick Johnson
    Three 1st round picks

or

Gordon and Anderson

You think Boston would take Montejunas, Johnson, and a late 1st for Green? That would be a terrible trade. I'm not saying my proposal was a take, but your counter is weak sauce. Who's the piece they want? Donatas with 6 point, 6 boards, 3 fouls, and 2 turnovers in 23 minutes? And is having his best year, by the way. I assume Jonson is filler?

You think Boston would take Montejunas, Johnson, and a late 1st for Green? That would be a terrible trade. I'm not saying my proposal was a take, but your counter is weak sauce. Who's the piece they want? Donatas with 6 point, 6 boards, 3 fouls, and 2 turnovers in 23 minutes? And is having his best year, by the way. I assume Jonson is filler?
    1st round picks have a ton of value. Note: Not one was traded at the deadline last year. If the Celtics could get a 1st for Green, they would take it. The rest would just be some low risk/medium reward icing on the cake.

1st round picks have a ton of value. Note: Not one was traded at the deadline last year. If the Celtics could get a 1st for Green, they would take it. The rest would just be some low risk/medium reward icing on the cake.
    I guess. I just can't understand GMs infatuation with first round picks. After the first few picks -- if that, even -- it's a total game of chance. I can't think of more than maybe 5 current NCAA players worth the known value of Jeff Green. It's like when people shat the bed when we made the Jrue trade. Crazy. And the twenty-seventh, or so, pick plus scraps is nearly worthless in my mind.
    Last edited by jcamp5; 11-23-2014 at 11:21 AM.

I guess. I just can't understand GMs infatuation with first round picks. After the first few picks -- if that, even -- it's a total game of chance. I can't think of more than maybe 5 current NCAA players worth the known value of Jeff Green. It's like when people shat the bed when we made the Jrue trade. Crazy. And the twenty-seventh, or so, pick plus scraps is nearly worthless in my mind.
    For them it would be more about shedding salary and getting an asset. Also, you have to consider that their own first round pick would be better if Green was off the team.

But I agree - give me a known quality player over a late 1st round pick any day. But its all about what phase your program is in. The Celtics probably believe they are 3-4 yrs away from being a contender, so Green isn't on that team when they become one. The guy they pick might.

If and when he gets moved, it will be for an expiring and a late first if they are lucky. Heck, they might only be able to get 2nd's

For them it would be more about shedding salary and getting an asset. Also, you have to consider that their own first round pick would be better if Green was off the team.

But I agree - give me a known quality player over a late 1st round pick any day. But its all about what phase your program is in. The Celtics probably believe they are 3-4 yrs away from being a contender, so Green isn't on that team when they become one. The guy they pick might.

If and when he gets moved, it will be for an expiring and a late first if they are lucky. Heck, they might only be able to get 2nd's
    You make a great point that a team needs are based on where they are now or expect to be moving forward. Smart teams have a quality plan in place leaving room for flexibility. No need keeping an asset that will just expire and go somewhere else.

Thread Information