These are some quotes I found on NBAdraft.net

http://www.nbadraft.net/forum/debate...er-may-be-over

After tonight's monster 43-14 performance by Anthony Davis, it only adds to the argument that he's only behind LeBron and a healthy KD. Last night could have been considered an "off game" of 18 and 9. Davis is simply a transcendent, once-in-a-decade type of talent and is putting up numbers that the league hasn't seen since Hakeem Olajuwon and David Robinson.

Oh yeah, and he's only 21 years old.

He is definitely 3rd right now and slowly sneeking in there with LeBron and Durant. LeBron I think is on the decline already, though physically only. While Durant right now is injured but definitely would be the same player when he comes back. With the way Davis is playing right now, being no.1 is not too far away. He is currenly no. 1 in PER that would be no. 1 all-time. He needs to win though, and so far Pelicans is on the rise.

Before the season started and the MVP talk arose, many were quick to dismiss him taking home the award citing although he will have a great year, it is not his time.

Anyone with the opinion AD was too young or not his year to win it willing to change their positions?

Or do you still think it is not his time just yet? He is border lining 25PPG, 11RPG, 2SPG, 4BPG territory which is absolutely nuts. I am not sure the last player to do it, but I would guess it is an elite club. What is also just as impressive he is averaging only 1.3 turnovers a game and doing a good job not fouling, which as a big man would be hard in today’s NBA.

Wether AD can get the MVP award really depends on how good the pelicans are. If he can get the Pelicans into the playoffs and a solid seed and averages a tad under those figures I cannot see anyone else taking home the award. It is still early and only 11 games into the seasons for his Pelicans but it is a real chance.

Also, before he got drafted the site really put their neck out and saying how he was going to have a Garrnet, Duncan like career and potential. I am convinced we are witnessing one the best bigs ever.

He's amazing, yet still has so much room to grow. We've still not seen him develop a real back to the basket game, draw doubles and make the right passes to teammates. Imagine when or if he gets that... Scary. He'd be the best player in the NBA I think.

I would take Davis over Durant I'm sorry.