Pelicans Report

Page 6 of 17 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 16 ... LastLast

Thread: Game Thread: Pelicans (6-5) Vs. Jazz (5-8) 8pm CT

Quote Originally Posted by thiefinthenight View Post
    Sorry, quoted wrong post. It's updated.
    lol oh, i was like wtf did i say lol

Quote Originally Posted by Mythrol View Post
    It's what we got when Ryno went down for the year last year. Gives you a certain % of the player's salary to bring in and replace him. I'm sure BSS has an entire article explaining the details from when we got it for Ryno.
    oh i see, and no ur not wrong for thinking that lol. Im sure if gordon hurts his knee he will be fine sitting on his 15.5 mil a year.

Jrue has to take that shot and give AD the assist.

It's days like this when I wonder where DaThrone is hiding.

Quote Originally Posted by HornetGuru View Post
    oh i see, and no ur not wrong for thinking that lol. Im sure if gordon hurts his knee he will be fine sitting on his 15.5 mil a year.
    And even more next year. Gordon playing like he has the past couple games could equal and opt out if he kept it up... I want that more

AD with 21 points and 6 rebounds in 18 minutes shooting 80%.

This kid isn't human......

Quote Originally Posted by Inner_GI View Post
    And even more next year. Gordon playing like he has the past couple games could equal and opt out if he kept it up... I want that more
    Agreed, I never wish injury, and gordon has been playing good. Hope he doesn't get hurt, plays well, and opts out, but i seriously doubt it.

I don't think there's a chance he opts out.

neither do i. His next contract will be in the 7 million a year range, regardless if he opts out or not. No reason for him to walk away from 15.5 million. Injury clause!!!

Especially if he is injured... That was my only point. There is always a chance unless he doesn't play any basketball. Lol

Especially if he is injured... That was my only point. There is always a chance unless he doesn't play any basketball. Lol
    any idea how many games u have to miss for this injury exemption thing?

AD with 21 points and 6 rebounds in 18 minutes shooting 80%.

This kid isn't human......
    at 21 years old this is insane. I'm scared to think what he will average at 25. 30-15? yup!

neither do i. His next contract will be in the 7 million a year range, regardless if he opts out or not. No reason for him to walk away from 15.5 million. Injury clause!!!
    The worst part is that he's playing much worse than a 7 mil player right now.

any idea how many games u have to miss for this injury exemption thing?
    The season.

I never thought even with him playing all 82 that he'd opt out.

7 million for 4 or 3 years is more money. It's a big long shot but not impossible. An injury is really the only way I say he 100% doesn't opt out.

7 million for 4 or 3 years is more money. It's a big long shot but not impossible. An injury is really the only way I say he 100% doesn't opt out.
    its more money, but i think he would get the same contract in free agency regardless if he opted out this year or waited til net year.

The season.
    But Ryno didn't miss the whole season. Do you mean once you get injured u miss the remainder of the season? I would expect a certain amount of games.

its more money, but i think he would get the same contract in free agency regardless if he opted out this year or waited til net year.
    And what if he hurts his knee next year?

Quote Originally Posted by nolaslim213 View Post

Injury-prone players find ways to be injured.

Quote Originally Posted by nolaslim213 View Post

Just a quick search says anywhere from 10 days to 3+ months depending on the severity. It didn't look high impact, so hopefully it's just a few games.

A Soulful Sports Fan Contributor Eman5805's Avatar
    Separated shoulders tend to linger.

This is going to push Babbitt or Salmons into the starting lineup.

No bueno.

How is AD the only guy in double figures?
    If you Jimmer it, they will come.

But Ryno didn't miss the whole season. Do you mean once you get injured u miss the remainder of the season? I would expect a certain amount of games.
    Yes. The cut off time is in January. But if you are injured before then and are out for the season you can get the exemption. Doesn't sound like it will be possible with Gordon however. Separated shoulder should be a couple weeks.

Thread Information