Pelicans Report

Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 4 10 11 12 13 14

Thread: Game Day Thread - Pelicans vs Nuggets

Last night was abysmal but let's try to maintain some perspective here...all good teams lay an egg once in awhile. That was the first truly awful game we've played all season. We've had less than stellar play in spurts in a few games, but last night was bad pretty much from about the mid first quarter on.

Burn the tape, learn from your mistakes, and go close out the road trip with a win tonight.
    the Legend has spoken!

Banned
    If they win we will be the greatest thing again.

Even with Asik out, we have enough depth to maintain two of Tyreke, Holliday, and Davis on the court at most if not all times. Our lineups missing all 3 of those guys are dead in the water. Of course, when 2 of those guys stink it up in the same game as Anderson does (like last night), we might lose anyway.....

Quote Originally Posted by Asteptooslow View Post
    If they win we will be the greatest thing again.
    Do we not expect wins from teams such as the Utah Jazz tonight? If not, then we must not expect wins against the rest of the WC, which puts us below .500. We have to win these games against sub .500 teams and we need to learn how to win on the road especially. I don't know if people will think we are the greatest team after beating teams like the nuggets and jazz, they expect it, and they/me get irritated when we don't play our game and we lose games that we have to win to just simply make the playoffs.

Banned
    We should act accordingly, but we don't. Sometimes we aren't rational when we need to vent.

Quote Originally Posted by N.O.Bronco View Post
    Ill say it again, I will bite my tongue a few more games but the evidence is mounting that Monty just does not "get it."

When everything isn't going ideal: No classic big center to start, original gameplan falls apart and rotations as he game-planed them aren't working - he falls apart. We are over ten games into the season and he still has done nothing to fix the rotations at the end of the third and going into the fourth. That span of 5-7 minutes kills us every game and Monty has done NOTHING to address it. We literally lucked out against the Kings playing mostly poor basketball down the stretch again.

I honestly completely regret the bandwagon I jumped on for him a few games ago. ITs like I completely forgot all the things he struggles with and is emerging to have carried over once again.

I was disgusted to see us go down by almost twenty before he put any starter back in. Yes it is a back to back at high altitude and you are down a player, so maybe you spread out your staters a little better? I don't know, maybe bring Tyreke or Gordon out a littler earlier in the first and third and let at least one starter play the whole game.
    Its the rotations and substitutions that drive us crazy. Monty is a freaking rotation robot. He does not feel the flow of the game, it is just - oh look what time it is, time to substitute x for y. Seriously, without foul trouble, you tell me the quarter and time remaining, and ill tell you who is on the floor........THIS IS A PROBLEM!!!!

Too many saints fans on here pretending to be basketball experts. The NFL is all about the x's and o's, the NBA is about match-ups and game management. Our "coach" sucks at what is important, and is "supposedly" good with x's and o's. Yet he has his assistants do the game plans for each game?

For those of you who think its funny that posters only call for Monty's head after a loss, well, welcome to the real world. When we win, either because or despite Monty, it is still a win. A win = happy. Happy people (should) have better things to do than go and tell the world they are happy. When people are upset, they want to express this. Its called venting. ---->Hilarious!

What I truly find hilarious is want-to-be contrarians defending a clearly inept coach, because its the cool thing to do. (How is that for irony?)

Banned
    I think he coaches like Thibs but doesn't have the bench to work with.

Thread Information