Pelicans Report

Page 12 of 14 FirstFirst ... 2 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 LastLast

Thread: Game Day Thread - Pelicans vs Nuggets

Routine "can't get the lid off" loss. No one got in any kind of rhythm. Denver is a pretty good squad.

Banned
    Poor Jimmer...I feel worse for him than anyone. He isn't even worth garbage time. Why not deactivate him and bring up Russ.

30-34 FT and got blown out by 20. Not even Omer Asik would have won the Pelicans this game. The Pelicans had their worst game of the season.

Banned
    and yet we still complain about refs.

I wasn't wearing the socks...

Quote Originally Posted by JMash24 View Post
    Routine "can't get the lid off" loss. No one got in any kind of rhythm. Denver is a pretty good squad.
    Denver is one of the weaker teams in the West. They are tough at home but they are not a playoff team.

Quote Originally Posted by JimmerTime View Post
    lol

Dude hates Jimmer.

And Jimmer performed so well in the preseason.
    Playing Jimmer, Ryno, and Luke Babbit would be incredibly asinine. Luckily, Monty sees the best two of the three. And don't make this a racial thing, I'm white

This was growing pains. Like we learned Withey needs more minutes than Ajinca. His coordination has regressed this year. Last year at least he snagged rebounds. Now the ball is a hot potato and he plays no paint defense whatsoever.

Salmons also needs to stop playing. Gives you absolutely nothing but fouls.

Denver also has at least 2 players that can post up for easy buckets (Afflalo, Chandler). Pelicans have 0.

So do we pass the blame of this loss on to one of the usual suspects, or is everyone blameless, and we chaulk it up to Denver having a better squad than ours (tonight)?

I agree about the Jimmer part though. What a waste of a roster spot.
    If you Jimmer it, they will come.

Banned
    Jimmer can play G-time. I mean don't rub it in on the guy. Weird.

U-L-M...Geaux Hawks Geaux djpaul89's Avatar
    Denver got off to a bad start this season, but in preseason seems like plenty of people predicted Denver to be in that last playoff tier with us.

I must say that on paper, they are deep. NRob, Gallinari, Foye, McGee head their bench mob, thats not half bad.

The players had tired legs, and I know they aren't in the best shape. Who knows what they did in practice but their conditioning is lacking. Denver is the better conditioned team.

This team once again is underachieving.. I'm sick and tired of Monty.. Please please hire George Karl!

On another note.. Nba finals will be Dallas vs Toronto... IMO they are far and way the best teams in their respective conferences.

Banned
    Denver's record is skewed because they didn't have Lawson. They are totally different with him.

Quote Originally Posted by hornetstime247 View Post
    This team once again is underachieving.. I'm sick and tired of Monty.. Please please hire George Karl!

On another note.. Nba finals will be Dallas vs Toronto... IMO they are far and way the best teams in their respective conferences.
    Funny, I was on the board a lot the last two days and didn't see this sentiment anywhere.

But after a loss......
    @mcnamara247

We can chaulk this up to playing in the mile high city. That is hard on the body.

Banned
    The weather is fair tonight.

Quote Originally Posted by Asteptooslow View Post
    Denver's record is skewed because they didn't have Lawson. They are totally different with him.
    Didn't realize that. We didn't play well and the refs didn't make things any better the first half but Denver played a solid game, hit a handful of YOLO threes...it happens.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by djpaul89 View Post
    Didn't realize that. We didn't play well and the refs didn't make things any better the first half but Denver played a solid game, hit a handful of YOLO threes...it happens.
    I'm wrong...he did play.

Quote Originally Posted by djpaul89 View Post
    They did shoot 52% (45% from three) while we could only muster 39% and 31% respectively. That counts for a lot, but how crazy that only 2 pf's separated us, but they took 9 more ft's.

We couldn't do anything right tonight... and the refs didn't help any either. Every team plays a stinker like this... even the best teams do. Get out of Denver and head to Utah and get ready for tomorrow.

And shout out to the people calling for Monty's head (as usual after a loss) lol. You guys are hilarious.

Banned
    Utah is sucking tonight as well.

Quote Originally Posted by iNolaNightmare View Post
    I wasn't wearing the socks...
    What did I tell you

Quote Originally Posted by DroopyDawg View Post
    We couldn't do anything right tonight... and the refs didn't help any either. Every team plays a stinker like this... even the best teams do. Get out of Denver and head to Utah and get ready for tomorrow.

And shout out to the people calling for Monty's head (as usual after a loss) lol. You guys are hilarious.
    I'm waiting on my favorite Monty flamer to show up...any minute now

We played badly. No coach wins with how out players played tonight and how well the other team played. You lose some games. There are takeaways, but this one didn't feel like some monumental collapse, or some giant problem that must be immediately changed. We need to win against the bad teams even when they play well if you want to make the playoffs though. On to the next game.
    Quote Originally Posted by zakzak View Post
    that dumb Gentry killing Asik morale seriously man he is been good when you compare last season then suddenly he sits whole damn first half barely gets minutes what an idiot we need muscle wee need rebound he took of asik jones,ajinca they got no place on this team play Diallo at least he is decent.
    .......if healthy

@Jabberwalker

Thread Information