Pelicans Report

Thread: N/P Would the Kentucky Wildcats win a 7 game series with the 7Sixers?

Banned

NBA N/P Would the Kentucky Wildcats win a 7 game series with the 7Sixers?

I wonder if the 76ers would look to grab a Jalil Okafor. And if so, which of their bigs would they move? I would love to get Brandon Davies down here as a backup.
    If you Jimmer it, they will come.

Quote Originally Posted by UNO Gracias View Post
    I wonder if the 76ers would look to grab a Jalil Okafor. And if so, which of their bigs would they move? I would love to get Brandon Davies down here as a backup.
    better off getting Mudiay or trading the pick. seem pretty set at starting C & PF

I doubt it. 7sixers has no incentive to loose
    Please visit http://playbal.blogspot.com/ to read my articles

Banned
    They would get destroyed. The NBA is a whole different ball game.

The Voice of Reason Contributor RaisingTheBar's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Asteptooslow View Post
    They would get destroyed. The NBA is a whole different ball game.
    It's not even close. It's like when people back in the day used to say that LSU could beat the Saints.........yeah sure

Majority of the time I'm siding with the pros. However, I wouldn't be quick to dismiss it. 95% of phillys roster consist of guys 2 years in the league or less. They have like 2 guys that are legit vets. It's pretty much a glorified college team as is.

Would never even entertain the thought in football. Too much physical difference.

While Kentucky is very talented team, 76ers would sweep them in a series by an avg of 25pts per game. NBA is grown men game...

College Stats:
    Michael Carter-Williams: 8.2 PPG, 5.2 APG, 3.6 RPG PER 20.9
    Nerlens Noel: 10.5 PPG, 1.6APG, 9.5RPG, PER 26.7
    Tony Wroten: 16.0PPG, 3.7APG, 5.0RPG, PER 20.4
    KJ Mcdaniels: 11 PPG, 0.9APG, 4.8RPG, PER 25.1
    Hollis Thompson: 8.7 PPG, 1.1APG, 4.1RPG, PER 17.7

Hopefully this helps put this to bed. Even on AD's championship team, only 3 players had a PER over 20 (MKG, AD, TJones). This isn't factoring in experience or the increased BBIQ from playing in the NBA.

Not to mention the pro 3 point line is 3 feet farther back. Huge difference

Exactly all of these guys were great college players and now have a year or so of NBA experience. They would destroy Kentucky. I mean look where Wall, Bledsoe, Cousins are now and that team didn't win the title. Look at the NBA learning curve for those guys.

Not in this college era. Go back a few decades though.

'92 Duke?
    '92 Arkansas?
    '91 UNLV?
    '85 Georgetown?

'90 LSU (sans coach)?

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Pelifan View Post
    Exactly all of these guys were great college players and now have a year or so of NBA experience. They would destroy Kentucky. I mean look where Wall, Bledsoe, Cousins are now and that team didn't win the title. Look at the NBA learning curve for those guys.
    Wall, Bledsoe and Cousins aren't on the 76ers

Whatever top pick is injured coming into next draft the sixers will snag, not even an argument.

No way in hell they would win even a game. The worst players on the 76ers are stars at Kentucky. One of my favorite coaching strategies that I think will be used more on the college level is what Coach Cal is doug with the lineups. He is letting his starting 5 play together while bring a whole new 5 off the bench. It is absolutely genius especially with the talent he has.

Quote Originally Posted by GuardianAngel25 View Post
    No way in hell they would win even a game. The worst players on the 76ers are stars at Kentucky. One of my favorite coaching strategies that I think will be used more on the college level is what Coach Cal is doug with the lineups. He is letting his starting 5 play together while bring a whole new 5 off the bench. It is absolutely genius especially with the talent he has.

Perry Clark did this with Tulane back in the early 90s. Was called "The Posse." Was fun to watch especially because they were good.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=je28npJPwwo

This is always the argument when there is a historically bad team. "Would (insert good college team) beat (insert worst NBA team)?

See here
    Quote Originally Posted by zakzak View Post
    that dumb Gentry killing Asik morale seriously man he is been good when you compare last season then suddenly he sits whole damn first half barely gets minutes what an idiot we need muscle wee need rebound he took of asik jones,ajinca they got no place on this team play Diallo at least he is decent.
    .......if healthy

@Jabberwalker

Quote Originally Posted by luckyman View Post
    Perry Clark did this with Tulane back in the early 90s. Was called "The Posse." Was fun to watch especially because they were good.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=je28npJPwwo
    Great video that was awesome! Thanks for posting!

UK is winning primarily with defense right now. They make opponents tentative due to their length and depth. They block and alter so many shots, that their opponents wear down just trying to find open looks. UK hasn't shot well so far (pity whoever is playing them when they are stroking it), but they score because the 2nd chance points are there game after game.

They wouldn't have these automatic advantages against the 76ers. They would face a team with similar physical gifts (Embiid, Noel) and guards who are used to playing at a greater speed.
    Old fan. Tired fan. I want to believe.

I gotta say, I usually disagree with any sentiment that a college team cAn beat ANY NBA team BUT this 76ers team is a different breed of an NBA team. Cause it's actually not a legit NBA team. They have only 4-5 guys who are truly NBA players. The rest wouldnt start on any other NBA team. With that said I think the 76ers win a 7 game series but I don't think they would sweep them.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Jabberwalker View Post
    This is always the argument when there is a historically bad team. "Would (insert good college team) beat (insert worst NBA team)?

See here
    lol kentucky would do the same things to random people off the street.

Quote Originally Posted by kclaboy504 View Post
    I gotta say, I usually disagree with any sentiment that a college team cAn beat ANY NBA team BUT this 76ers team is a different breed of an NBA team. Cause it's actually not a legit NBA team. They have only 4-5 guys who are truly NBA players. The rest wouldnt start on any other NBA team. With that said I think the 76ers win a 7 game series but I don't think they would sweep them.
    ^ This. The 76ers are historically bad.

Thread Information