Pelicans Report

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Eric Gordon starting to mesh?

Eric Gordon starting to mesh?

Eric gordon is 15-23 from the field the past 3 games, 7-10 from 3 pt land. He also has had a positive ast/TO ratio and looked impressive last night against the kings. To me it looks like he is becoming more comfortable in our scheme and is definitely starting to knock down all of his open looks, which is really all we need him to do offensively.

What are you guys' thoughts? I like to think he just had to knock the rust off and is also motivated lately from the way Rivers has been playing (we all know how EG feels about being in the starting lineup).

CP3 has deceitful eyes ohnosono's Avatar
    i hope so cuz his game been meshed up until recently ya dig

What i've seen from him to far:

Hustle
    Defense
    Willing Passer
    Unselfishness

He's been a good 3 and D, if only he were 6 inches taller and getting paid half as much.

Quote Originally Posted by HornetGuru View Post

Hustle
    Defense
    Willing Passer
    Unselfishness

He's been a good 3 and D, if only he were 6 inches taller and getting paid half as much.
    He has definitely hustled and I love his selfless play. And if he continues to hit his open shots at this rate his teammates will have more confidence and awareness in kicking it out to him.

Maybe he's been reading all our comments. He was down and just go over it.

Quote Originally Posted by HornetGuru View Post

Hustle
    Defense
    Willing Passer
    Unselfishness

The effort is there. Really it has been more all this season than it has been in the past. I can see that. The execution has been off. And he's just not the explosive player he was when he was with the Clippers.

If he can give us what he's given us over the last few games for the rest of the season, I think we shake out pretty well.
    Support Louisiana businesses.

Quote Originally Posted by Broadmoor74 View Post
    The effort is there. Really it has been more all this season than it has been in the past. I can see that. The execution has been off. And he's just not the explosive player he was when he was with the Clippers.

If he can give us what he's given us over the last few games for the rest of the season, I think we shake out pretty well.
    I agree and he will never be as explosive as he used to be.

Quote Originally Posted by WhoDatPelican View Post
    haha this is great with your AD horrified face gif in the signature.

The effort has been there for the majority of it, and I think it is starting to pay off for him which is great for the team. Full credit to him for keeping it going, even when things weren't working. Some of his drives to the basket have looked brilliant - the speed on a few in the Kings game looked awesome. More importantly, his shot is falling. Hopefully we should see things keep improving as the team builds.

Eric Gordon starting to mesh?

He is posting a 7.3PER. Rivers "worse player ever" year was 5.8. He's less than 2 points away from that. That's all that should really need to be said about him so far this year. Hot. Garbage.

If there was a way I could make him disappear and the Pels get that cap space today, I'd seriously think about it.

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! Bee-Fense's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Mythrol View Post
    He is posting a 7.3PER. Rivers "worse player ever" year was 5.8. He's less than 2 points away from that. That's all that should really need to be said about him so far this year. Hot. Garbage.

If there was a way I could make him disappear and the Pels get that cap space today, I'd seriously think about it.
    To be fair, he started out in the negatives after the first few games so he must be posting a PER somewhere around league average probably since the Spurs game. History says there's no reason to believe Gordon won't return to his usual production and he might even have an improved season by the end of it all considering his defense has been better this year.

I still would rather the cap space despite that.

He's not nearly as bad as the fan base makes him out to be.. But he did it to himself with the 'heart in Phoenix' comment knowing we would match. Can't wait till he's off the books and see what else Dell can add to the puzzle
    ITS A UNIBROW UNIVERSE

So Rudy Gay just re-signed with the Kings at a reduced rate after that mega contract. Could the Pels be interested in re-signing him at a very reduced rate and Gordon take a reasonable contract to stick with a winning core? He's a decently good player lately, at a reasonable contract he'd be a good player to have on the team. But then again, the two sides might see that they want to grow in different directions, and that'll be fine too.

Gordon should work for free for us the rest of his career for all the money he stole from us.

All-Star
    Quote Originally Posted by Mythrol View Post
    Gordon should work for free for us the rest of his career for all the money he stole from us.
    you sign their checks?

The Voice of Reason Contributor RaisingTheBar's Avatar
    I'm still not seeing the defense you are referring to Guru. I haven't seen Gordon play good defense in a long time. I just hope he plays good enough and long enough (health) so that we can trade him come February or that he has a false sense of security that he can get a bigger contract and opt out.

Sadly, my hope at this point is he'll play himself into good trade value. Perhaps he's hitting his spot with the team, but I'd still like to cut my losses and maybe even get a little value for him in the offseason. Then again, if we can get him on a much better deal... who knows.

Jimeert Freedet 4 Prez IamQuailman's Avatar
    Seriously though, last few games, his offense has started to finally come around. Not to mention, he's hustling on defense and passing the ball on offense. I'm cheering for the guy, because he sure as heck is playing hard. harder than he has in all the other years he's been here

I think it has to do with Gordon finally starting off the year healthy. Last year he had no off-season still trying to rehab and get back in shape and conditioning his body during preseason and early in the regular season. This year he was prepared and able to participate in training camp, get in shape, gel a little with players etc. That alone makes a big difference. The first few games he was rusty but look at how many other stars in the league that were not playing well the first few games. I've been saying all along that Gordon just needs to be and stay healthy (along with the rest of the team) and he will make a big difference. Now I'm not saying I would pay $15 mil for him but I am saying I'm glad he is on the team and hope he stays in NOLA 4eva lol. If we keep the same core and main role players and sign a good 3 next year this team will have aspiration of at least conference finals instead of just making the playoffs (assuming we stay healthy and chemistry keeps building).

Gordon has played selflessly, taken mostly good shots, been a good passer, hustled on defense and played well off the ball since day one this season. On the other hand his over aggressive defense has led him to a number of games in foul trouble and he has made some critical mistakes in almost every game.

The difference between then and now is that Gordon's shots are finally falling.

Much of everything else is the same. The same criticisms from the first paragraph still apply today. So to do his positives. But it goes to show hoenhitting shots or not hitting shots really changes your perception of a player... Not without good reason.

Band of Skulls & Neon Trees ramsters60's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by IamQuailman View Post
    Seriously though, last few games, his offense has started to finally come around. Not to mention, he's hustling on defense and passing the ball on offense. I'm cheering for the guy, because he sure as heck is playing hard. harder than he has in all the other years he's been here
    I don't disagree with you about this, but I just have a really hard time accepting what I might be witnessing.... without going into all the negative aspects already associated with his career, the "niche"of a healthy Gordon might be nothing more than the 5th or 6th best option on this team.....I just can't get over my personal hurdle and find something like that acceptable.... and no, I don't sign their checks either.....
    "we might make dollars, but we don't necessarily make sense"

"always be sincere....whether you mean it or not"

Quote Originally Posted by RaisingTheBar View Post
    I'm still not seeing the defense you are referring to Guru. I haven't seen Gordon play good defense in a long time. I just hope he plays good enough and long enough (health) so that we can trade him come February or that he has a false sense of security that he can get a bigger contract and opt out.
    I know you said in the gameday thread you didn't get to watch the Kings game or something like that. Well have you a gotten a chance to yet? If not, Gordon played great defense when matched up with Rudy Gay. gay had 4 turnovers, 15 points on 6-17 shooting in 37 minutes.

I said this in the gameday thread:
    I think he's been humbled by the criticism and the fact that he's been largely ignored down the stretch. I think it was a slap in the face for him, which he desperately needed.

The Voice of Reason Contributor RaisingTheBar's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by iNolaNightmare View Post
    I know you said in the gameday thread you didn't get to watch the Kings game or something like that. Well have you a gotten a chance to yet? If not, Gordon played great defense when matched up with Rudy Gay. gay had 4 turnovers, 15 points on 6-17 shooting in 37 minutes.
    No not the Kings game. Basing what I've seen from him the other 9 games.

Thread Information