Pelicans Report

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Eric Gordon starting to mesh?

Frankly this goes against Pelicansreport dogma but I think Gordon isn't being vocal enough.

There were a number of possessions where Gordon was alone at the arc or on a cut and Evans or Jrue didn't even look to him and took a bad shot, took the play in a poor direction instead or dumped it off to a covered player who took a bad shot.

Gordon frankly should get on their *** and tell them how open he was. But instead he seems to be almost silent out there. Just letting whatever happens, happen. And thinking on all the games I watched his play by play that is something that stuck out. He needs to step up and demand people to recognize his presence so the team stops playing 4 on 5 as often seems to happen with Gordon out there.

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!!
    Hopefully Gordon can elevate his game to the point where another team will be interested in his services.

Defensive win shares is a bad stat. All defensive all-in-one stats are bad. There is too much context needed that currently available numbers can't provide in order for them to be useful.

Irrational Optimist Contributor neworleanshoo's Avatar
    well so much for that. separated shoulder. sigh.

Please don't start Salmons Monty

I am so scared that is going to happen

Quote Originally Posted by neworleanshoo View Post
    well so much for that. separated shoulder. sigh.
    subluxation*. but yeah a partially separated shoulder. He was having a good game too...

Quote Originally Posted by LOLLakers View Post
    Please don't start Salmons Monty

I am so scared that is going to happen
    Nah I bet Rivers starts.

I've honestly been pleasantly surprised with Gordon's attitude and hustle on the court so far this year. I hope he has a speedy recovery. I really wish he would be our 6th man tho and run with the 2s for majority of game and be primary scorer for the 2nd unit. I think it would work so well.

Thread Information