Pelicans Report

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Why Anthony Davis CAN win MVP

I think Davis can win the MVP as long as The Pelicans make the playoffs. Going in to last night he was 3rd in scoring, 2nd in rebounds, and first in steals and blocks. Its just amazing. He is on pace thru 10 games to have a higher PER than Lebron has ever had in a season. He could lead the league in scoring if they gave him more chances to score. The last 5 minutes of the game against Portland was horrendous how little Williams and his players gave him the ball. If he continues at this pace I think he can win the MVP

Quote Originally Posted by ILLHornetsFan View Post
    I think Davis can win the MVP as long as The Pelicans make the playoffs.
    This. There have already been national writers who have stated that Davis has a great shot at the MVP even if the Pels make it as the 8 seed. And although LBJ might step up his game during the rest of the season, I think Davis will as well. Once Monty starts pounding it in our guards' heads that they need to feed Davis in the final 5 minutes of close games, I believe he has a very good chance of adding to his points per game by 4,5,6 points.
    Support Louisiana businesses.

Quote Originally Posted by Broadmoor74 View Post
    This. There have already been national writers who have stated that Davis has a great shot at the MVP even if the Pels make it as the 8 seed. And although LBJ might step up his game during the rest of the season, I think Davis will as well. Once Monty starts pounding it in our guards' heads that they need to feed Davis in the final 5 minutes of close games, I believe he has a very good chance of adding to his points per game by 4,5,6 points.
    It's hard to imagine Davis being able to step up his game more in year 3, but i'd be very happy if it happened.

"I don't know if people know — I dislocated my pinkie finger. And [Tyreke] told me, 'You wanna go home or you wanna be here?' I want to be here. And he said, 'All right, then go tape it up and let's play. Let's go. We not stoppin' at no stores. Straight gas. That's what we do, just keep going.'"

http://thebasketbawlblog.com/

Quote Originally Posted by BallSoHard View Post
    It's hard to imagine Davis being able to step up his game more in year 3, but i'd be very happy if it happened.
    Yeah, he's been awesome. But he can be fed the ball more. And there are occasional times throughout the game where he's a bit out of position defensively. But it's all good. I remember when Chris Paul left, I never thought i'd see as dominant a player in a New Orleans uniform again. And here we are.

Quote Originally Posted by BallSoHard View Post
    Next level of step up would be Drummond for Davis. . .obviously.

Quote Originally Posted by Mythrol View Post
    Next level of step up would be Drummond for Davis. . .obviously.

Quote Originally Posted by Caffeinedisastr View Post
    The NBA is too stupid to give him a "Player of the Week" award.

Why would they give him the MVP, being as stupid as they are?
    NBA gives the award due to a series of votes though.. so its not totally bias

In the NBA the better guys are apart of title worthy teams. Of course numbers should factor in, but as I always point out stats are equally about the style of play and role a player serves on the team. I for one think the voters are correct in placing wins on equal footing as numbers.

Quote Originally Posted by da ThRONe View Post
    In the NBA the better guys are apart of title worthy teams. Of course numbers should factor in, but as I always point out stats are equally about the style of play and role a player serves on the team. I for one think the voters are correct in placing wins on equal footing as numbers.

Sort of, but do you think anyone from the Grizzles or Spurs should win MVP? noo.. they're just great teams with solid players and a new system, you don't need an MVP to win many games, and i'll be shocked to see anyone but A.D, Kevin Durant or LeBron win it.. i mean Kevin Durant is barley eligible with the injury, so is Westbrook.. and its gonna be hard improving their record to a record an elite team would hold. LeBrons consistency levels have dropped tremendously this year due to being on a new team, hence why he didn't win MVP in his first year @ miami. Derrick Rose isn't the same, and will probably miss 20-30 games this year. Cp3 and blake griffin are off to slow starts, and cp3 is too unselfish to win an MVP award and blake griffin needs to do more but score as his not at an elite scoring level yet. . What other candidates are there?? I mean, James Harden yes, but his defense and attitude towards his team will be a big reason why people will not vote. That is why i think A.D regardless if we are a top 4 seed or not has a high chance of winning MVP, but i feel like Steph curry might steal it off him in a close battle, much like the Cp3, kobe MVP year.

Quote Originally Posted by Pantazis76 View Post
    Sort of, but do you think anyone from the Grizzles or Spurs should win MVP? noo.. they're just great teams with solid players and a new system, you don't need an MVP to win many games, and i'll be shocked to see anyone but A.D, Kevin Durant or LeBron win it.. i mean Kevin Durant is barley eligible with the injury, so is Westbrook.. and its gonna be hard improving their record to a record an elite team would hold. LeBrons consistency levels have dropped tremendously this year due to being on a new team, hence why he didn't win MVP in his first year @ miami. Derrick Rose isn't the same, and will probably miss 20-30 games this year. Cp3 and blake griffin are off to slow starts, and cp3 is too unselfish to win an MVP award and blake griffin needs to do more but score as his not at an elite scoring level yet. . What other candidates are there?? I mean, James Harden yes, but his defense and attitude towards his team will be a big reason why people will not vote. That is why i think A.D regardless if we are a top 4 seed or not has a high chance of winning MVP, but i feel like Steph curry might steal it off him in a close battle, much like the Cp3, kobe MVP year.
    It's too early to start saying who's going to win it. We can get hot and finish top 3 and if Davis continues to put up those numbers he's a lock IMO. However if his production isn't leading us to a home playoff in the first round how important was those numbers? That IMO is a very valid question and the reason why I agree overall team success has to factor in IMO more than stats.

You are looking for name value, but I don't think the voters will be that interested in handing over the award to a big named player. If Memphis is the top seed I can see Marc Gasol winning it depending on if he has really good(not even great stats).

It'll be interesting to see if we slide into the playoffs as a 6th seed and Davis continues with this type of efficiency will he be a legit candidate.
    Last edited by da ThRONe; 11-20-2014 at 02:51 PM.

Pass-First Point Center Caffeinedisastr's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Pantazis76 View Post
    NBA gives the award due to a series of votes though.. so its not totally bias
    Who votes for Player of the Week though.
    Is that totally bias?

Thread Information