Pelicans Report

Thread: Hear me Out; we can win a title!

Jimeert Freedet 4 Prez IamQuailman's Avatar

Trade Idea Hear me Out; we can win a title!

We are 1 or 2 pieces away from making this team a title contender for years to come; and I've just discovered the pieces that will complete our puzzle... hear me out.

Pelicans receive:
    Demarcus Cousins
    Lebron James

Cavs receive:
    Cash Considerations
    Eric Gordon
    Jeff Withey

Kings receive:
    Cash considerations
    Omer Asik
    Austin Rivers
    John Salmons

Why? We could use a small upgrade at the 3, and I think the difference from Tyreke to LBJ is big enough to make a small impact. Lebron has that opt out clause; why would Cleveland want to put themselves through those shenanigans again. They are struggling now; for every step forward they go, they take 2-3 back. Getting Eric Gordon and Jeff Withey, they get Gordon who could come in and fill a temporary need for them. In his past game, EJ has been on fire, averaging 17ppg, 4apg, and a blistering hot 50% from 3pt (over 50% from the field). It's an upward trend for the guy who started out ice cold. If he keeps this up, Gordon quite possibly could opt out, giving Cleveland the much-desired cap space to build around Kyrie (Love gone at the end of the year). Withey is just a consolation to come off the bench for them.

Kings may lose a prominent member of their team, but look at what they get back! They get Austin Rivers, who is having a 6MOY-candidate season, defensive force in the paint in Omer Asik, and hometown hero John Salmons. Everyone loves a homecoming story. Austin rivers gets his own team to create his new beginning (after being named a bust for seasons in New Orleans by locals and media pundits alike). He gets an future all-star crew surrounding him in Omri Casspi, Ben Mackelmore, and Jason Thompson (and of course, Omer Asik teehee).

As for the cash considerations, Benson isn't afraid to spend money to make things happen (see Benson Tower, Pelicans purchase, self-made bronze statue of himselve, etc.)

Let me know what you think. It's a Wednesday morning, and I'm still feeling pretty high off that great team in last night! Let's build off that momentum.

"I don't know if people know — I dislocated my pinkie finger. And [Tyreke] told me, 'You wanna go home or you wanna be here?' I want to be here. And he said, 'All right, then go tape it up and let's play. Let's go. We not stoppin' at no stores. Straight gas. That's what we do, just keep going.'"

http://thebasketbawlblog.com/

Are you drunk?! If the Cavs traded Lebron for ANYONE, their fan base would burn down the arena. Lebron will be a Cav for a number of years to come; he's waiting for the new tv deal to take effect before he signs a multiyear deal to stay in Cleveland. He's not leaving that town until he delivers at least one championship.

I'm all for trades, but come on man... LeBron and Cousins? No way Cleveland trades LeBron, and Cousins is Sacramento's whole team.

Can we just lock this?

I think we're giving up a little too much here. Maybe if we could get Cleveland to throw in a few firsts and Sacramento to give us Stauskas, but I really think we're getting the short side of both of these deals. Gordon and Rivers are both pretty much surefire hall of famers and we all know that LeBron isn't clutch so I think that if we made these moves we would be a lot farther from a championship.

Jimeert Freedet 4 Prez IamQuailman's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by BallSoHard View Post

Thread Information