Pelicans Report

Page 24 of 24 FirstFirst ... 14 20 21 22 23 24

Thread: Forget last night, LET'S BEAT THE KINGS!!!

oh how 1 day changes everyone from a crappy post to a positive post smh then half the people dogging this team are no where to be found

Pels have been outrebounded by 20! Aşık factor, I might say.

Quote Originally Posted by Perth_Hornet View Post
    He's actually pretty underrated and getting a bit of confidence up now.

We should run more plays for him to get open coz from what I've seen he's pretty lights out from three.
    Hate the "poor mans" reference but definitely see his offensive game as a "poor mans" Ryno. Former 1st round pick, probably maxed out his potential but I just love the heart he plays with!
    ITS A UNIBROW UNIVERSE

Despite the win I continue to see that Davis barely gets the ball in the 4th and Evans wants to be the man like every game. This time he lucked out with that ridiculous lucky shot with 47 left and only up 3. That could have costed us the game once again.
    And by the way, I wanted to kill Gordon when he lost that ball to Mclemore with 2.15 left and didn't fight to get it back or get a jump ball, he just stand there looking like a scared *****.

I'm happy the Pelicans won but I can't stand Holiday and Evans playing hero ball and forgetting Davis who is "THE MAN".

I forgot to say, I'm liking Monty's coaching and timeouts this year a lot. Looks like he finally knows what he's doing.
    Last edited by takezor; 11-19-2014 at 06:13 AM.

U-L-M...Geaux Hawks Geaux djpaul89's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by takezor View Post
    Despite the win I continue to see that Davis barely gets the ball in the 4th and Evans wants to be the man like every game. This time he lucked out with that ridiculous lucky shot with 47 left and only up 3. That could have costed us the game once again.
    And by the way, I wanted to kill Gordon when he lost that ball to Mclemore with 2.15 left and didn't fight to get it back or get a jump ball, he just stand there looking like a scared *****.

I'm happy the Pelicans won but I can't stand Holiday and Evans playing hero ball and forgetting Davis who is "THE MAN".

I forgot to say, I'm liking Monty's coaching and timeouts this year a lot. Looks like he finally knows what he's doing.
    To be fair Davis was hurt during the 4th yesterday. Toward the end AD barely made an effort to post for the ball.

Quote Originally Posted by djpaul89 View Post
    To be fair Davis was hurt during the 4th yesterday. Toward the end AD barely made an effort to post for the ball.
    That is true, but he was still playing. It scared the *** out of me when I saw Davis put his hand on his right knee. And I would have prefered to get him out of the game, not worth the risk to an injury. Hopefully he's OK.
    And we really need Asik back too, I hope they give him an extension this summer because he's an important piece for this team.

The Voice of Reason Contributor RaisingTheBar's Avatar
    I missed the game. What happened? Is Davis OK??????

Have to wonder why we did not give Casspi a chance and instead invested much more into Salmons...

Quote Originally Posted by PELICANSFAN View Post
    Have to wonder why we did not give Casspi a chance and instead invested much more into Salmons...
    There was a mention in this thread it had to do with Religious reasons

Quote Originally Posted by Perth_Hornet View Post
    There was a mention in this thread it had to do with Religious reasons
    That's odd. Wonder the specifics.

"I don't know if people know — I dislocated my pinkie finger. And [Tyreke] told me, 'You wanna go home or you wanna be here?' I want to be here. And he said, 'All right, then go tape it up and let's play. Let's go. We not stoppin' at no stores. Straight gas. That's what we do, just keep going.'"

http://thebasketbawlblog.com/

I remember talk of some few teammates being turn off by the fact that all he talked about was his sionist propaganda (so not really about his religion) and that he was very insistent and annoying about it but i seriously doubt we cut him because of that

AD always gets hurt playing against Cousins. =(

Quote Originally Posted by Kurgan View Post
    I remember talk of some few teammates being turn off by the fact that all he talked about was his sionist propaganda (so not really about his religion) and that he was very insistent and annoying about it but i seriously doubt we cut him because of that
    I don't think that was an issue. Tyreke and him are very good friends, I think either Tyreke or his brother even took a vacation with Casspi, so from a locker room fit I think he would have been just fine. Honestly, at the time I just think they felt he had no value to the team.

I was calling for him over Miller all day every day, but the argument others said was that Miller has 2 years in our system.

I missed most of the game as well. Is AD ok? Did he stay in the game? How did he look towards the end of the game as far as injury goes? Anything we should be concerned of for next game (or season)?

He was a bit gimpy but he had an alley oop and blocked Rudy Gay's posterization attempt afterwards so I don't think its a big deal.

Quote Originally Posted by 1ShotSniper View Post
    I missed most of the game as well. Is AD ok? Did he stay in the game? How did he look towards the end of the game as far as injury goes? Anything we should be concerned of for next game (or season)?
    He stayed in the game the rest of the way. He made a few plays down the stretch, but he hobbled down the court a time or two. He also didn't seem as active as he normally would have been. I think it was an issue last night, and may be an issue going forward, but he shouldn't miss any time.

Casspi didn't want to be here and there seemed to be concerns about locker room issues related to his beliefs

Quote Originally Posted by DarkHornet View Post
    He stayed in the game the rest of the way. He made a few plays down the stretch, but he hobbled down the court a time or two. He also didn't seem as active as he normally would have been. I think it was an issue last night, and may be an issue going forward, but he shouldn't miss any time.
    Let's also not forget he played 41 minutes last night in the 2nd night of a back-to-back. Hopefully it was more exhaustion than anything for him.

The Voice of Reason Contributor RaisingTheBar's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Mythrol View Post
    Let's also not forget he played 41 minutes last night in the 2nd night of a back-to-back. Hopefully it was more exhaustion than anything for him.
    Hopefully Davis will rest up and he and Asik are full go for Friday.

Quote Originally Posted by Mythrol View Post
    That's unfortunately when a lot of injuries happen.

Monty for coach of the year

Thread Information