Pelicans Report

Page 19 of 19 FirstFirst ... 9 15 16 17 18 19

Thread: Game Thread: Pelicans (5-3) Vs. Trail Blazers (7-3) 9pm CT Broadcast: FSNO

Quote Originally Posted by Eman5805 View Post
    He was wrong, yeah. Still don't get why people gotta be a dick about it.
    this. He manned up and said it, to keep bringing it up is kinda weak.

Quote Originally Posted by Mythrol View Post
    It's gonna take a hell of a lot more than that "eating crow" to stop my hard times.

One nice post after years of straight dogging a player is nice but let's step this game up. Gotta make a brand new thread with "I Was Completely And Utterly Wrong" to even move my needle.
    I don't think he really gives a **** about your needle, nor does anyone else honestly...

Quote Originally Posted by HornetGuru View Post
    I don't think he really gives a **** about your needle, nor does anyone else honestly...
    Bad day? I'm sorry. Here's a cookie.

Quote Originally Posted by Mythrol View Post
    Bad day? I'm sorry. Here's a cookie.
    No, having a great day actually. I just think its petty and beneath you to keep going at him about drummond. He said he was wrong, a man would accept it, a female would keep bickering.

Saint Pelican of Mile High Contributor DefensiveMind's Avatar
    No, having a great day actually. I just think its petty and beneath you to keep going at him about drummond. He said he was wrong, a man would accept it, a female would keep bickering.
    so you use a sexist comment to tell someone their comment was unnecessary, petty, and beneath them... ok.

Let's get out of kindergarten shall we?

No, seriously, I was wondering why this thread was still active and god...can we enjoy yesterday's win (and the fact that we won't have to witness another saints loss today for those who are fans) and move on?

I like to hold grudges.

- every teanage girl since teanage girls began
    If you Jimmer it, they will come.

Quote Originally Posted by DefensiveMind View Post
    so you use a sexist comment to tell someone their comment was unnecessary, petty, and beneath them... ok.
    Just because it's sexist doesn't mean it isn't true. Men more usually let things go and blow over, women do not, call me sexist, I call it a realist. Men and women behave differently, not only people, but all species. What are u one of those women activists?

Just because it's sexist doesn't mean it isn't true. Men more usually let things go and blow over, women do not, call me sexist, I call it a realist.
    Guru - My personal advice, just apologize now. Justifying it will make it MUCH worse. That was a terrible comment and we have all made a sexist, homophobic, racist, elitist, etc. comment in our lifetime at some point, so it is understandable, but trying to defend it makes it much worse.

Just my $.02
    @mcnamara247

Jesus Christ, all I was saying was I wasn't letting DT get off the hook that easy and this thread has blown up into something way worse.

Can we just delete the last 2 pages and lock this thing? Man. Crazy.

Quote Originally Posted by MichaelMcNamara View Post
    Guru - My personal advice, just apologize now. Justifying it will make it MUCH worse. That was a terrible comment and we have all made a sexist, homophobic, racist, elitist, etc. comment in our lifetime at some point, so it is understandable, but trying to defend it makes it much worse.

Just my $.02
    I'll just drop it then. Thanks for your advice.

We really need some new mods on this forum so that these sort of threads don't derail as often as they do.

"I'm not going to allow my putative owner to answer that question, this is an NBA related press conference. Paul Tagliabue and Roger Goodell have collectively sung their praises of Tom and if uh ESPN has a problem with that tell Mr. Skipper to call me at my office."

I'll just drop it then. Thanks for your advice.
    I don't see a big deal with your comment at all in that sometimes the truth hurts. No need to apoligize, but continuing the argument would only be a waste of your time bc it will never end. More arguments will me made and this thread will get 3 pages of text that it doesn't deserve. Of all people on this board though, you are the one poster I will always side with. While your opinion might not be what I was originally thinking, you at least spend time on here and effort where as other people who post 20 times less are being critical for no reason other than to start another argument. Words on here get configured to how people want them to be configured so they can think they know what everything means.

The Voice of Reason Contributor RaisingTheBar's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Eman5805 View Post
    He was wrong, yeah. Still don't get why people gotta be a dick about it.
    He is kind of being a richard....trying to help you out bro I was warned for that.

Quote Originally Posted by MMEmbreno View Post
    I don't see a big deal with your comment at all in that sometimes the truth hurts. No need to apoligize, but continuing the argument would only be a waste of your time bc it will never end. More arguments will me made and this thread will get 3 pages of text that it doesn't deserve. Of all people on this board though, you are the one poster I will always side with. While your opinion might not be what I was originally thinking, you at least spend time on here and effort where as other people who post 20 times less are being critical for no reason other than to start another argument. Words on here get configured to how people want them to be configured so they can think they know what everything means.
    Thanks, I didn't even mean it as a slight against women, its a fact, women and men are different. Woman nag more than men, men are also lazier than women. I can go on with a million things, neither are perfect. Also thank you for ur comments.

Thanks, I didn't even mean it as a slight against women, its a fact, women and men are different. Woman nag more than men, men are also lazier than women. I can go on with a million things, neither are perfect. Also thank you for ur comments.
    LOL....now you go from being sexist to stereotyping LOL.

It's all good man....it's a forum some people just have to learn to not be so sensitive.

Quote Originally Posted by AUSSIE_PELICAN View Post

It's all good man....it's a forum some people just have to learn to not be so sensitive.
    Well not all stereotypes are false

But ya i agree, shouldn't be so sensitive, not trying to be offensive.

Why can't forum members convey dissatisfaction on certain matters they find distasteful and offensive? I see nothing wrong with pointing out the reality that his comments contained sexist connotations, regardless of whether they were made with malice intent or not. Communicating such things is better for the forum in the long haul, it cleanses the forum discourse of narrow-minded preconceptions. So no, people should in fact learn to be more sensitive, as long as their criticism doesn't cross the line into the realm of chastising.

Quote Originally Posted by PelsFan2313 View Post
    Why can't forum members convey dissatisfaction on certain matters they find distasteful and offensive? I see nothing wrong with pointing out the reality that his comments contained sexist connotations, regardless of whether they were made with malice intent or not. Communicating such things is better for the forum in the long haul, it cleanses the forum discourse of narrow-minded preconceptions. So no, people should in fact learn to be more sensitive, as long as their criticism doesn't cross the line into the realm of chastising.
    So you are telling me that context plays no part?

Saint Pelican of Mile High Contributor DefensiveMind's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by PelsFan2313 View Post
    Bingo.

And while we are it, it wasn't the sexist comment that irritated me. It was the fact that another poster would chastise another poster about the content of their post using a post that in and of itself was so weak that the only way he could make his point was by using the type of content that he was in fact criticizing. No offense Guru, but that was weak. So weak I had to point it out. I'm not that morality police, but this is a discussion forum. Weak arguments get called just that and we are all better for it.

So you are telling me that context plays no part?
    I'm saying that people have the right to communicate their opinions on comments which introduce such sensitive issues, regardless of the context. Whether or not they are made in good fun doesn't change the fact that such comments feed into the perpetuation of certain stereotypes.

Just to let this die I won't be commenting in this thread again. Sorry for any who were offended.

Sup losers? Did anyone see that Odell Beckham catch?

Quote Originally Posted by jegirouard View Post
    Sup losers? Did anyone see that Odell Beckham catch?
    Ok I lied, I am only posting again in here because of this, and yes that was insane, play of the year.

Ok I lied, I am only posting again in here because of this, and yes that was insane, play of the year.
    And sorry I just had to bring it up... Even on a pelicans basketball forum. Just had to say something. Best catch ever.

Thread Information