Pelicans Report

Page 1 of 19 1 2 3 4 5 11 ... LastLast

Thread: Game Thread: Pelicans (5-3) Vs. Trail Blazers (7-3) 9pm CT Broadcast: FSNO

Game Thread: Pelicans (5-3) Vs. Trail Blazers (7-3) 9pm CT Broadcast: FSNO

VS.

@

Moda Center

Pelicans' Starters

PG Jrue Holiday - SG Eric Gordon - SF Tyreke Evan - PF Anthony Davis - C Omer Asik

VS.

Trail Blazers' Starters

PG Damian Lillard - SG Wesly Matthews - SF Allen Crabbe - PF LaMarcus Aldrige - C Robin Lopez

1-6

Omer confirmed out for tonight per Nakia Hogan

So who starts? Ajinca? Ryno at the 4? Does Pat Young get to suit up?

"The pelican is fearsome. Take a raven, for example: it's omnivorous. It eats bugs, and seeds, and fruit, and carrion. Compared to the well-rounded citizen that is the raven, the pelican is the serial killer of birds." - Barry Petchesky, Deadspin

Hopefully LMA is out.

Banned
    I don't know what to do. I guess Anderson and hope to jump on them quick to build a lead. I would play Jimmer a bit earlier so we can rest a starter for the second unit. Don't get anyone else hurt. Especially, with a back to back against good teams.

I say start Withey to keep the Rivers/Anderson connection together and let Ajinca play versus less skilled guards. We will sacrifice rebounding in a big way, but trust Withey's interior defense to be closer (not close, but closer) to Asik than either Ajinca or Anderson. I doubt it will happen, but that's what I'd do.....

FFS can we go 10 games with our starters EVER in a season?

Quote Originally Posted by Asteptooslow View Post
    I don't know what to do. I guess Anderson and hope to jump on them quick to build a lead. I would play Jimmer a bit earlier so we can rest a starter for the second unit. Don't get anyone else hurt. Especially, with a back to back against good teams.
    Too soon.

Quote Originally Posted by rt0307 View Post

By they way they are sounding, his probably going to miss quite a few games, any bet its a inflamed disc and his out for half the season..

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by NOEngineer View Post
    I say start Withey to keep the Rivers/Anderson connection together and let Ajinca play versus less skilled guards. We will sacrifice rebounding in a big way, but trust Withey's interior defense to be closer (not close, but closer) to Asik than either Ajinca or Anderson. I doubt it will happen, but that's what I'd do.....
    Sounds good, but can he be effective with so little time in a real game. We do need to replace defense more.

Any questionables from Portland out?

well drat... looks like LMA is good to go

A Soulful Sports Fan Contributor Eman5805's Avatar
    Ajinca will foul out if we start him. So I have to assume we're activating Young. Or at least I hope we will.

Quote Originally Posted by Eman5805 View Post
    Ajinca will foul out if we start him. So I have to assume we're activating Young. Or at least I hope we will.
    yes... Young is active

Quote Originally Posted by rt0307 View Post

well drat... looks like LMA is good to go
    Bad news for Ryno if he starts.
    The most overused words on Pelicansreport.com. Wrongly, I might add.

ELITE - (often used with a plural verb) the choice or best of anything considered collectively, as of a group or class of persons.

GREAT - notable; remarkable; exceptionally outstanding

These words should not be used lightly

Start Alexis, Lopez is not mobile and I rather AD cover LMA. The Blazers are a team that doesn't scores at the rim.
    Last edited by 504ByrdGang; 11-17-2014 at 08:22 PM.

I reckon tonights the night to ignore the other teams lineup.

Put our best 5 out (Davis at the 5, Anderson at the 4). Have AD guard LA and let Ryno do his best on RoLo.

RUN RUN RUN. Lopez isn't the best running Centre in the game, and LA having respiratory problems. Let's gas them both and get their bench on the floor. Crabbe is inexperienced and wether he is on Tyreke, Gordon or Austin I think he may have trouble staying in front of them.

To give our bigs spells when Ajinca inveriably gets in foul trouble, slide Young to the 5 and have Babbit as a small ball 4. Let's run these guys off their own court.

But do it similarly to the Tyreke method with Ryno. Start him, give him a rest at the 6 minute mark and let him come in and play alongside Rivers against a 2nd unit for a bit as well.

Quote Originally Posted by 504ByrdGang View Post
    Start Alexis, Lopez is not mobile and I rather AD cover LMA. The Blazers are a team that scores at the rim.
    I could see this working against Rolo. Just shorten Ajinca's minutes to around 20-24.

Ajinca will definitely start. Obviously he won't play starting minutes. I expect a pickup in AD's minutes and Ryno's minutes. Young might get the limited number of minutes Ajinca was receiving when Asik was in the rotation.

"I'm not going to allow my putative owner to answer that question, this is an NBA related press conference. Paul Tagliabue and Roger Goodell have collectively sung their praises of Tom and if uh ESPN has a problem with that tell Mr. Skipper to call me at my office."

I just hesitate giving Alexis starter minutes...

defending the rim vs Steve Blake, Will Barton and CJ McCollum is a fair bit easier than against Lillard, Mathews and LA. Less likely fouling out and forcing Young into big minutes (although I would like to see him a bit, maybe in a blowout win not against a Western Conference contender)

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! Bee-Fense's Avatar
    I'd rather just start Anderson. We did last year against Portland and won.

Quote Originally Posted by Mythrol View Post
    I could see this working against Rolo. Just shorten Ajinca's minutes to around 20-24.
    You. Think Ajinca could last 20 minutes without fouling out?

Quote Originally Posted by Bee-Fense View Post
    I'd rather just start Anderson. We did last year against Portland and won.
    My thoughts exactly.

Anywho, anyone else pumped?!

Thread Information