Pelicans Report

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4

Thread: Some Possible In-Season Options for the backup SF position

Quote Originally Posted by MichaelMcNamara View Post
    There really aren't any guys on this list with upside or high production, and there is a reason for that - We don't have any assets of any value. If this was a list of guys I hope we can get, it would look much different. I would like Harkless, but when I think of picking up the phone and calling Orlando, what could I possibly offer them?

If they wanted to move Harkless, they could get more than anything we could give up.
    Mike, I know I would (and I'm sure a lot of other fans would) love to see a list of guys you think we could get if we consider including Rivers. I'm sure his value has gone up a lot, considering his youth and how well he has started the year. Anything in the works?

Quote Originally Posted by Caffeinedisastr View Post
    Dell + Dell's history = Sonny Weems

Did the math.

Don't forget, he was talking to Joe Ingles before he got signed. Dell loves international possibilities/cheap contracts/gathering assets.
    You should have gotten Ingles. He is such a smart player and contributes even if his shot is not falling now. He is not that good on defense so he may not be a perfect fit for the starting role. Pels bench kinda sucks tbh.
    Last edited by Roscoe; 11-17-2014 at 03:26 PM.

What happened to Earl Clark? Just looked at the Cavs roster, not there. Not listed in free agency....Listed as a "historical player" on NBA.com. As a stop gap type player with enough size and athleticism to hang with most back up SF's in the league especially at a cheap price (league min since he isn't technically in the league anymore) I'd take his defense and athleticism over Salmons any day..If John can't get off the bench in a blowout, it makes sense.

As a side note, before he signed with the Cavs last season, I was high on bringing him here, along with some other people. If we're looking for interesting options, there's one.

He plays in the d-league, with the vipers IIRC

I know he plays PF mostly, but why cant we just go get Thaddeus Young and bring him back to his home town.

Hell, he is shooting 55% from the arc.

AD
    Ryno
    Thaddeus
    Jrue
    Reke
    He would be perfect for when Ryan Anderson is playing with AD; for if Anderson is having trouble staying with someone we could slide Thaddeus over. He has great hands and always is out in front statistically in regards to steals for a forward

Quote Originally Posted by fullcourtpress View Post
    I know he plays PF mostly, but why cant we just go get Thaddeus Young and bring him back to his home town.

Hell, he is shooting 55% from the arc.

AD
    Ryno
    Thaddeus
    Jrue
    Reke
    He would be perfect for when Ryan Anderson is playing with AD; for if Anderson is having trouble staying with someone we could slide Thaddeus over. He has great hands and always is out in front statistically in regards to steals for a forward
    I've been beating the thaddeus young drum forever, people say he's a PF but i think his best position is at SF.

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! pelicanchamp's Avatar
    Maybe we don't have a starting SF problem.... I'm fine with the lineup. I'd love a solid backup SF. I think I'd focus on trading Gordon as long as we have him. I hope Dell gets lucky.

At some point during the season we'll need SF for defensive purposes. Miller is the only guy on the roster who fits the bill. Hopefully he steps his game up.

Quote Originally Posted by Kurgan View Post
    He plays in the d-league, with the vipers IIRC
    You're right...Just found him on the d-league site. Looking at that roster of players, especially the ones that were supposed to be high caliber players, makes it seem incredible how long some players hang around NBA rosters.
    But, if possible, I'd still give him a shot.

Quote Originally Posted by HornetGuru View Post
    I've been beating the thaddeus young drum forever, people say he's a PF but i think his best position is at SF.
    That's great. Now, what can you give up for him that Minny would take? And remember, they just gave up a 1st rounder for him.

And, that's where the Thad Young trade ideas die. In the real world.
    @mcnamara247

That's great. Now, what can you give up for him that Minny would take? And remember, they just gave up a 1st rounder for him.

ryan anderson, happy now?

What about D League? Who was the Long armed guy on our summer league who was drilling 3s? He could rebound and shoot 3s.

Quote Originally Posted by Mythrol View Post
    What about D League? Who was the Long armed guy on our summer league who was drilling 3s? He could rebound and shoot 3s.
    forget his name but he was like 6"6 with like 12 foot arms.

Some Possible In-Season Options for the backup SF position

Quote Originally Posted by HornetGuru View Post
    forget his name but he was like 6"6 with like 12 foot arms.
    Looked it up. His name was Courtney Fells. In Summer league he averaged 15ppg on 53% FG and 48% from 3pt and just under 3 rebounds and 1 assist in 22 mpg.

He's 6'5" w/ 7'0.5" wingspan. Currently playing in Europe. I'm looking up his stats for Europe now.

Ok. Europe stats are 12.2ppg, 4.8rpg, 2.8apg, 1.8spg, 0.6TOpg. This was in 29mpg. 89% FT, 50% 2pt, 33% 3pt shooting. They have played 6 games so far.
    Last edited by Mythrol; 11-17-2014 at 08:04 PM.

Thanks for the input man

I can't believe the Spurs missed on a draft pick.

I wish we had that track record. Til then, play wih what we have. Even Rick Fox won a couple as a starter...I wonder if we could make a call to Rick Fox.

What is up with Michael Kidd Gilchrist. I wonder how they will be using him once he gets back from his injury, and if he is in their plans moving forward.
    Last edited by UNO Gracias; 11-18-2014 at 12:58 AM.
    If you Jimmer it, they will come.

Since I know it is always a hot topic, I took a look at some guys that could be available without giving up any of our core pieces. Who do you like?

http://www.bourbonstreetshots.com/20...edium=facebook
    What would it take to bring in Anderson from the Euroleague?

Quote Originally Posted by UNO Gracias View Post
    I can't believe the Spurs missed on a draft pick.

I wish we had that track record. Til then, play wih what we have. Even Rick Fox won a couple as a starter...I wonder if we could make a call to Rick Fox.

What is up with Michael Kidd Gilchrist. I wonder how they will be using him once he gets back from his injury, and if he is in their plans moving forward.
    Rather draymond green, he gives u everything mkg does but can shoot

Band of Skulls & Neon Trees ramsters60's Avatar

I completely agree that a trade for Young is extremely unlikely, but what is his availability status going into next year?
    "we might make dollars, but we don't necessarily make sense"

"always be sincere....whether you mean it or not"

This has nothing to do with that, just something I was wondering today: can we trade the other part of our protection? Like Rockets get 4-19 and some other team gets 20-30?

don't think so.

http://nypost.com/2014/11/21/nets-li...rei-kirilenko/
    As he was one of the players that was speculated by BSS that could be had for nothing. Not advocating it.

It would be really hard to trade for him unless we could give them Salmons - which we can't do until December 15th. Would be a little easier if they bought him out and then we can sign him if we dump someone like Miller

It would be really hard to trade for him unless we could give them Salmons - which we can't do until December 15th. Would be a little easier if they bought him out and then we can sign him if we dump someone like Miller
    What's the chance Salmons is traded or released after Dec 15?
    Unfortunately I think the 'freind' factor comes into it.
    I'd love swapping Kirilenko for Salmons but I think he ends up at a playoff team.

Thread Information