Pelicans Report

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Some Possible In-Season Options for the backup SF position

Some Possible In-Season Options for the backup SF position

Since I know it is always a hot topic, I took a look at some guys that could be available without giving up any of our core pieces. Who do you like?

http://www.bourbonstreetshots.com/20...edium=facebook
    @mcnamara247

Of those probably dudley. But i can't say i see much that i would try to get at all cost...

p.s. sorry to be a grammar nazi but i get the itch. It's kirilenko

Finally something that doesn't mention Michael Beasley. I really like jeremy evans, dude is very athletic and would compliment our entire team. If we want shooting, chase B and Copeland would be my choices. Copeland reminds me a lot of anthony morrow in his style of play.

Quote Originally Posted by Kurgan View Post
    Of those probably dudley. But i can't say i see much that i would try to get at all cost...

p.s. sorry to be a grammar nazi but i get the itch. It's kirilenko
    Or AK47. I'd go with Middleton,AK47 then Dudley.....

AK47 would be kind of sick...him and Reke throwing behind the back passes...

Weems is intriguing

also, what in the heck is the deal with miller?
    golden opportunity for real minutes and to make a real impact and he's invisible when he plays
    I don't understand it at all

Quote Originally Posted by MMEmbreno View Post
    Finally something that doesn't mention Michael Beasley. I really like jeremy evans, dude is very athletic and would compliment our entire team. If we want shooting, chase B and Copeland would be my choices. Copeland reminds me a lot of anthony morrow in his style of play.
    Evans isn't really a SF. He can't dribble the ball and doesn't have 3pt shot. He improved his mid-range jumper last year and may be able to hit the corner 3. Freak athlete, though.

Quote Originally Posted by cgrand View Post
    also, what in the heck is the deal with miller?
    golden opportunity for real minutes and to make a real impact and he's invisible when he plays
    I don't understand it at all
    Maybe he just isn't good. To me, he seems to have two above average skill sets (spot-up shooting and passion) and about 7 below average ones.

He hesitates too much to make use of the shooting and the passing isn't needed because we already have so many ball handlers - we just need a guy to rebound, play D, and shoot.

So, for us he is pretty much useless

Has Babbitt really been that bad on defense? And why was he on Kobe to begin with? The lakers game was not one I got to watch in depth but his shooting has stood out. 62% from three and 50% from the field. Obviously they will come down as the sample size goes up but his stroke is serious. Guy can knock em down.

Quote Originally Posted by N.O.Bronco View Post
    Has Babbitt really been that bad on defense? And why was he on Kobe to begin with? The lakers game was not one I got to watch in depth but his shooting has stood out. 62% from three and 50% from the field. Obviously they will come down as the sample size goes up but his stroke is serious. Guy can knock em down.
    He has been terrible. I watch him every single second he is on the court and it is so bad. Teams just attack him mercilessly. The Kobe thing was a bit of an aberration - obviously he won't have to cover guys like that every game, but it has been universally bad against everyone.

I'm sorry but if we don't get at least LeBron or Durant I won't be happy
    I'm a grinder

middleton definitely.

Quote Originally Posted by HornetGuru View Post
    middleton definitely.
    What if you had to take on money and give up Rivers to get him.

Example, Bucks offer Middleton and Dudley for Austin Rivers, Salmons, and Withey.

You can sign Will Bynum for guard depth after the trade. Do you do it?

Or, would you give up both Russ and P. Young for Middleton?

Remember, we really don't have any picks to give up in a deal.

Quote Originally Posted by MichaelMcNamara View Post

Example, Bucks offer Middleton and Dudley for Austin Rivers, Salmons, and Withey.

i would do the rivers trade simply because I believe someone will offer him more than we will be allowed to match from declining his option.

Quote Originally Posted by tthier2 View Post
    I'm sorry but if we don't get at least LeBron or Durant I won't be happy
    No.23 is not available, so Durant will have to do...lol

Martell Webster. He will be stuck behind Pierce and Otto

Quote Originally Posted by HornetGuru View Post
    i would do the rivers trade simply because I believe someone will offer him more than we will be allowed to match from declining his option.
    Yeah, it will get interesting. If he keeps playing well, you might almost be forced to move him, knowing that you will lose him in the summer.

If Dell is willing to do that, the guys on the "possible" list gets better. Could get a real SF at that point.

Quote Originally Posted by speedyG View Post
    Martell Webster. He will be stuck behind Pierce and Otto
    They ask for Rivers, Young, and Salmons - what do you say?

I would do the first deal......in a heartbeat....I would tell Bynum, if we sign you, you must look to pass first....lol

They ask for Rivers, Young, and Salmons - what do you say?
    I would say no. Webster can't stay healthy. He's still a relatively young guy, but he has had all types of injuries...especially at his salary

He has been terrible. I watch him every single second he is on the court and it is so bad. Teams just attack him mercilessly. The Kobe thing was a bit of an aberration - obviously he won't have to cover guys like that every game, but it has been universally bad against everyone.
    Thats unfortunate considering he is exactly what I want on offense from our backup wing and has been a great shooter for us in the last two games.

What about Brandon Rush? Averaging 6 MPG in 4 games with 4 DNPs. Dell has tried to get him twice in the past. Veteran role player who plays solid D and shoots 41% from 3 over his career.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2...stating-injury

The Warriors, now replete with talent through the end of the bench, are 6-2 on the young season. And while Rush's story could very well still have a redemptive ending in Oakland, head coach Steve Kerr has only used Rush three times so far.

"It's hard. He played three minutes. I wanted to get him in, if possible," Kerr said after the Warriors' loss to the Spurs on Nov. 11. "I did get him in during the meat of the game because the game called for it...He did fine. He did what he was supposed to do. But we have a really deep team...I can't get everybody in."
    Last edited by greewe; 11-16-2014 at 01:50 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by greewe View Post
    What about Brandon Rush? Averaging 6 MPG in 4 games with 4 DNPs. Dell has tried to get him twice in the past. Veteran role player who plays solid D and shoots 41% from 3 over his career.
    I don't think good teams just dump guys - and that is essentially what this list is. But let's assume the best. What would the Warriors take from us and why? And is Rush definitely better than what we already have in the first place?

I don't think good teams just dump guys - and that is essentially what this list is. But let's assume the best. What would the Warriors take from us and why? And is Rush definitely better than what we already have in the first place?
    No idea what GSW really needs. I haven't watched them yet this season. Looking at stats it looks like they need rebounding and big man depth. Maybe Withey or Young? Trade a big buried on the bench for a wing buried on the bench.

And I do think Rush is better than any of our other options at this point. He is good enough to be an 8th man.

Thread Information